RC Injuries?!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: RC Injuries?!

Post by GoMachV »

back in the day i cut out many many g10 chassis and parts. To this day when i sneeze real good i swear i can smell the fiberglass still in my lungs. Pretty sure thats not good...
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

My son ran his B4 into my shin at nearly full speed a week or two ago. I had to go to a happy place to avoid teaching him new colorful language as I tried to walk it off. :lol:

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Slight update, I work with my hands and tools everyday of my life but I have never had needlenose go so deep so fast :lol: now wondering if there was an e-clip magnitised to the end at the time hmmmm :lol:

The glue on the drink bottle is just mean but funny mean.

Off topic but we once used high spot blue on the inside of a guys hard hat, oooooo that'll leave a mark :lol:
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

arf
Approved Member

Post by arf »

I fractured my ankle when stepping over a board to turn marshall at a NORRCA event. I had to sit on the track for a minute before I could get up while nine guys screamed at me from the drivers stand. Maybe they thought I was drunk. Talked to the race organizer before I limped away. I contacted ROAR abut the process of filing a claim for compensation for the injury. I received not a single acknowledgment to any of my written inquiries.

Just an interesting observation about ROAR, I have nothing against them.

slim_chance
Approved Member

Post by slim_chance »

Does battle robot wounds count?
Other than that got a nasty tire burn from my modified kyosho tracker turned stadium truck once during a parking lot race when I picked it up from the back and some one else at the race turned their transmitter on right next to me that was the same channel.
Super phenominal cosmic plans! itty bitty bank account.

Procrastinators unite!......tomorrow.
My new Fb page by bashers for bashers. Rc bashers unite! http://www.facebook.com/RcBashersUnite

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

This thread is reminding me of the SNL skit with the two guards comparing injury stories.
billycrystal-snl.jpg
billycrystal-snl.jpg (6.35 KiB) Viewed 728 times
billycrystal-snl.jpg
billycrystal-snl.jpg (6.35 KiB) Viewed 728 times

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Burned my hand the other day when cutting down my chassis. About a 1/8" wide 1" long branding mark from the cut aluminum.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

the bag-o-chips tire incident reminds me of one of the worst track side snafu's I had...

couldnt open the bottle of zap (super glue) for my tires, out came the pliers and as the bottle top broke completely off I got a face full of ca glue...never knew how bad that burned in such a large quantity, glad I was wearing glasses (which got ruined). I had a nice red stripe from my forehead, down my nose onto my cheek for a couple weeks. yes it hurt, yes i probably shed a tear or 2
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

slim_chance wrote:Does battle robot wounds count?
Other than that got a nasty tire burn from my modified kyosho tracker turned stadium truck once during a parking lot race when I picked it up from the back and some one else at the race turned their transmitter on right next to me that was the same channel.
I had some knob try to tear my hand off with his 4wd shortbus truck as he cracked the throttle wide open then full brakes ( while I was rapidly attempting to marshal him ) so I threw the truck literally off the track, and went back to my spot :evil:

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

Many years ago, I had my RC-10 throttle resistor stick after crashing into the boards. Being young and dumb, I quickly removed the body and grabbed the resistor arm to unstick it. That was the last time I ever did that as the resistor was burned out and so was my thumb tip. Only good news was that I was able to up grade to a Novak esc.