First Yokomo!

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mm.yokomo

Re: First Yokomo!

Post by mm.yokomo »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Those are TR31's- and period correct, but not kit correct- and the ribbed were 2.2 only
Hmm? The new wheels I have are the black ribbed ones. I think I compared these with some 2.2" pink wheels and the black ribbed ones were smaller. Anyway don't take my word, I got and compared those wheels more than a year ago and my mind can be playing tricks! I will check later and post picture if I see any difference.

By the way, SinCity, great find that car. Sorry to somehow hijack the thread but the info is helpful if you plan to restore that beauty!

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

mm.yokomo wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:Those are TR31's- and period correct, but not kit correct- and the ribbed were 2.2 only
Hmm? The new wheels I have are the black ribbed ones. I think I compared these with some 2.2" pink wheels and the black ribbed ones were smaller. Anyway don't take my word, I got and compared those wheels more than a year ago and my mind can be playing tricks! I will check later and post picture if I see any difference.

By the way, SinCity, great find that car. Sorry to somehow hijack the thread but the info is helpful if you plan to restore that beauty!

I to have a set of white ribbed wheels that 2.2" tires fit very loosely on. Put a rubber band on them and the tires fit snug. :?

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

aip47-2008 wrote:
mm.yokomo wrote:

I to have a set of white ribbed wheels that 2.2" tires fit very loosely on. Put a rubber band on them and the tires fit snug. :?
I must admit I assumed that all the ribbed wheels were 2.15" - they are certaintly smaller than other 2.2" Yokomo plain dished wheels that I have, Proline Stubbies (2.15") fit nicely - not stretched :?:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

You guys are 100% right! The works 91' controversial 2.2's and the fact I've had nothing but racing on my mind the last couple weeks got me bass ackwards- :oops: sorry! All of mine are 2.15!

mm.yokomo

Post by mm.yokomo »

Charlie, my long term memory is not so bad after all :lol: !!!

Thanks for the update!

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

a01butal wrote:
What's kit correct?

Really!!!!! What tires are kit correct? These tires and wheels were from Hyeong's NIB 94 YZ10. And I would have to say your looking at TR39 tires in the rear with a set of TF310's up front. :wink:

Just a wild guess though. :D

Jirka
Approved Member

Post by Jirka »

I have seen Yokomos between Works 91 - YZ10 94 with multiple different tires supplied with kit e.g. rears TR380 and TR310 with bars. I think, since Yokomos were true race cars and stock tires were replaced normally anyway, that they just put what ever tires they have at factory that were not so good selling tires to kits. Because of this, kits front are rear tires might be suitable to totally different kind of surfaces and tracks, like TF340 in front and TF310 with bars in rear.

Jirka

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

aip47-2008 wrote:
a01butal wrote:
What's kit correct?

Really!!!!! What tires are kit correct? These tires and wheels were from Hyeong's NIB 94 YZ10. And I would have to say your looking at TR39 tires in the rear with a set of TF310's up front. :wink:

Just a wild guess though. :D

The only thing I mentioned to Al about Hyeong's kit was I've noticed a different tire in the US kits, specifically the
Rears-?
2009_1126camera070002.jpg
yz10worx_pravidis1.jpg
temporary-29-1.jpg
temporary-28-1.jpg

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

Jirka wrote:I have seen Yokomos between Works 91 - YZ10 94 with multiple different tires supplied with kit e.g. rears TR380 and TR310 with bars. I think, since Yokomos were true race cars and stock tires were replaced normally anyway, that they just put what ever tires they have at factory that were not so good selling tires to kits. Because of this, kits front are rear tires might be suitable to totally different kind of surfaces and tracks, like TF340 in front and TF310 with bars in rear.

Jirka

Sounds about right to me! 8)

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Now that we've completely destroyed the new guys thread :oops: how about we make a Yokomo tire reference thread?

geeforce59
Approved Member

Post by geeforce59 »

Ive noticed one of the car belly bottom is mine....lol :mrgreen:

SinCityMedic

Post by SinCityMedic »

Now I'm more confused than ever! Lol :shock: