Bob Stormer, glimpse

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

8rad
Approved Member

Re: Bob Stormer, glimpse

Post by 8rad »

Bob Stormer.............sponsored by RUBBERMAID!

On a more serious note. Rather than try to catalog everything(which by the looks of it would take a Herculean effort) you should buy 200 clear stackable rubbermaid bins.

Then just do one bin at a time with an inventory sheet taped to the outside. Then just number the bins with a sharpie and cross reference the numbers to the manufacturer on one excel spreadsheet.

I once helped a friend who had an addiction to buying plastic models and Warhammer figurines. This is how we did it.

The other bonus of doing it this way is you can walk down memory lane when you go through your stuff to transfer it from cardboard boxes to rubbermaids.

You would probably find some stuff you never knew you had.

On a nostalgic note I remember buying quite a bit of stuff from you when I was racing in the early nineties. I think I even had a Stormer Hobbies sticker on my LXT.

Good times!
"It's not broken, it's British!"

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Wow. That is a very impressive collection to say the least. I am totally jealous! :mrgreen:

I know that overwhelmed feeling you are talking about. I get that feeling a lot, but my collection is not even 4% of your 4%! :shock: 8)

If you ever want some help sorting through it, hit me up! I am sure you could find plenty of volunteers here! :lol: :wink:

AscotConversion
Approved Member

Post by AscotConversion »

My mind is bottled :mrgreen:

Maybe you should sponsor the Vintage nats and provide each racer with a set of Schumacher cat tires...LOL

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

I hadn't gotten a good look at this thread till now (hard to see even a photo of one car on a phone screen). Amazing collection of stuff, and probably an even better collection of stories behind it all. This is way more impressive to me than some photos I've seen of hoards of new-in-box kits, all pristine and never enjoyed properly. These cars have history behind them. Thanks for sharing.

myfordcnc
Approved Member

Post by myfordcnc »

You say you want to organize and ( I assume get rid of the bulk of it). I don't know but with the demand that there is for this stuff in general, it does not seam like that would be to hard to do. Yah its a lot of work for one person but get some help paid by percentage of the proceeds. Once it gets manageable, open up a shop out of those buildings. Get that track populated.open up an outside one too. And pretty soon your the center of a vintage and modern racing center with a business to leave your family. Your collection has value beyond what is physically there. You have the makings of a scene, if you invite people in. By the way I don't mean this too sound condescending. You obviously are a towering figure in this hobby so I'm sure you've thought of all these possibilities. It's of course always easier looking in then looking out.

eeeks

Post by eeeks »

WOW...just WOW

Hey, is that a picture of a MRP GP10? I thought I was the only one to ever buy/run one...

Felt like I was the only one anyway....

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

eeeks wrote:WOW...just WOW
Hey, is that a picture of a MRP GP10? I thought I was the only one to ever buy/run one...
Felt like I was the only one anyway....
Yeah, there are two GP-10's there!
I was another of the few that raced a GP-10 back in the day, I still have my original racer - and another New In Box. :mrgreen:
-dldiaz

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Post by Bob-Stormer »

I think there are 10 of those GP10's there total. :)
I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I hit bob up before this thread existed looking for front wheels for one. I knew he was the GP-10 guy :mrgreen:
Didn't have any tho :(
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Post by Bob-Stormer »

gomachv wrote:I hit bob up before this thread existed looking for front wheels for one. I knew he was the GP-10 guy :mrgreen:
Didn't have any tho :(
GP10's seem to show up complete. I drove for MRP, that car kinda sucked. So I don't think they got raced much. the diff side hub didn't have bearings in it, just slid on the axle. Diff was terrible. :)
I enjoy, Schumacher 1/12th, Checkpoint motors, Lazerlite motors, PB Sizzler, Pro Panther-10, Dialed Speed Controls, Paranoia spurs.

Daryl Lane
Approved Member

Post by Daryl Lane »

:shock: :wink: :shock:

What else can one Say?

On a side note I think I have a couple truck you do not have "Yet" Bob - :D
Old is more FUN

Team A&L know it all - really :)

LINK TO TALK A&L Off topic/Chit Chat http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31149

Bob-Stormer
Approved Member

Post by Bob-Stormer »

aw... sad. :cry:

send them over!! :)

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

Makes me feel kind of normal -
Awesome collection.

RC ark of Bob -
Make sure to pass on the legacy. When our generation´s gone, all this will be more or less worthless.
Gone fishing

Mazdaj
Approved Member

Post by Mazdaj »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was always an off-road person. What are the two 4WD pan cars in the 2nd set of pics? The one on the right has wheels that look similar to Turbo Optima? Great collection.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Kyosho Fantom is the one with the optima looking wheels. The other iirc is AYK. Super cool car, the Fantom had magnesium pieces, one way front hubs, and a super simple drive system. They were terrific outdoor 1/12 bad weather cars. Indoor on carpet...not so much!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website