Installed new RPM B4 front arms

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Chris00gt
Approved Member

Installed new RPM B4 front arms

Post by Chris00gt »

Installed a set of RPM B4 arms on my B4.1. Haven't had a chance to run them, but def beefy compared to the stock front arms!

Before
After
NEW: SC10 4x4 FT, SC10 FT, (2)T4.1 FT, B4.1 World
OLD RC10's: (4)Worlds, Graphite Team Car, (2)RPM Ultra's, Tekin, B2 Team Car, B3, (3)Champ Editions, Team Car, (2)RC10T Team Truck
Tamiya: Hornet, Fox
Bolink: Invader
Losi: (2)XX, Junior 2, JRX Pro SE

limestang
Approved Member

Re: Installed new RPM B4 front arms

Post by limestang »

Looks like they attach without the aluminum end cap. Let us know how they work out.

- Limestang

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

That's too bad, I kind of like the bling of the aluminum end cap.

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

I wonder if that will cause front hinge block failures without the hinge pin brace?

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

Chris00gt
Approved Member

Post by Chris00gt »

So far so good!! The car's handling behavior seems to be the same and consistent. I do admit that I drive a bit more aggressively now not worrying about breaking the front arms. Now I just hope they come out with a set of rear arms and maybe some shock towers.

flipwils11, I do agree that it looks more plain without out the aluminum blue upfront.

clm, the arms come with a new beefier hinge pin bulkhead. The directions say you can only use the provided one and the stock or aftermarket aluminum one's won't work. The setup is the same that RPM uses on SC10's and T4's. I have them on both of mine and after much abuse I've never had any problems.

Here's a pic of my B4 next to my T4, and a lone pic of my Sc10 all with RPM arms and RPM bulkheads.
NEW: SC10 4x4 FT, SC10 FT, (2)T4.1 FT, B4.1 World
OLD RC10's: (4)Worlds, Graphite Team Car, (2)RPM Ultra's, Tekin, B2 Team Car, B3, (3)Champ Editions, Team Car, (2)RC10T Team Truck
Tamiya: Hornet, Fox
Bolink: Invader
Losi: (2)XX, Junior 2, JRX Pro SE

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Ahh excelent do the bulkhead id RPM as well, no problems then! :D

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

Justin33

Post by Justin33 »

I had these arms on a t4 and they took some of the hardest hits i have ever seen with no issues great product recommend for anyone with an "aggresive" driving style :)

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

I had them on my T4 and hated them. ON a hard packed high traction Clay track they allowed a little too much movement in the front end. You could see the front end shake a little bit landing on jumps. However on a hard packed dirt track with a little moisture they were just fine. Too bad we run on the Clay track 9 months out of the year.

But at least with the Rpm arms on the T4 you could finish every race. With the Factory Team arms they would break if you over shot the downside of a jump even if you landed flat.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

vwjuice wrote:I had them on my T4 and hated them. ON a hard packed high traction Clay track they allowed a little too much movement in the front end. You could see the front end shake a little bit landing on jumps. However on a hard packed dirt track with a little moisture they were just fine. Too bad we run on the Clay track 9 months out of the year.

But at least with the Rpm arms on the T4 you could finish every race. With the Factory Team arms they would break if you over shot the downside of a jump even if you landed flat.
dont buy Factory Team arms if your worried about breaking arms. they seem to snap where stock bends .. i hear the "feel" is not the same on the track but i rather have less of a chance snapping arms. same goes for turnbuckles, i always raced steel turnbuckles on my rc10t . other guys would snap ti turnbuckles and be out of the race . id bend the steel bad but id be able to finish the race. my big issue is what happens if you bend a rpm pin .. do they sell just the pins? (oh and i love the washers on the shock tower great idea)

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

The stock arms definitely don't feel the same on the track. I'm just a club racer at best and I could tell the difference. They were way too inconsistent. I sold both the T4 and B4. I was irritated that I spent hundres of dollars for the kit with all the hop ups just to have it break more than an rtr. It was really frustrating.

My rpm T4 arms used the stock pins so you shouldn't need any new ones.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

vwjuice wrote:The stock arms definitely don't feel the same on the track. I'm just a club racer at best and I could tell the difference. They were way too inconsistent. I sold both the T4 and B4. I was irritated that I spent hundres of dollars for the kit with all the hop ups just to have it break more than an rtr. It was really frustrating.

My rpm T4 arms used the stock pins so you shouldn't need any new ones.
oooohhhh so they use the stock pins and phil. screws to keep them in? i thought they gave you tamiya style screw in pins?

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

When I got the arms it came with some new screws which are a lot bigger than the stock ones and it reused the stock pins. The screws that Rpm includes are a lot nicer than the stockers since they use a larger head and it's easier to get them out.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

vwjuice wrote:When I got the arms it came with some new screws which are a lot bigger than the stock ones and it reused the stock pins. The screws that Rpm includes are a lot nicer than the stockers since they use a larger head and it's easier to get them out.
my bad i thought it was new pins too .. i should have looked at a add http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1450_369/products_id/73680/n/RPM-Front-A-Arms-w-Bulkhead-Black-GT2-SC10?utm_source=Google-Base&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product-Feeds&source=google_ext&gclid=CO6F8pH407kCFdSd4AodMVIAlw i dont bust my stuff much so i dont do the rpm arms but they look nice

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

The rpm arms were great on a loose loamy track. No problems whatsoever. On a hard packed Clay I just didn't like the way the truck drove and the rtr arms were even worse. It was a shame cuase the truck was unstoppable with the FT arms until they broke anyway.