Just recieved this dirty little gem in the mail

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

nicholasdivitto

Re: Just recieved this dirty little gem in the mail

Post by nicholasdivitto »

scr8p wrote: is the stuff in that bowl going through a pre-soak soak or something? you still have a lot more parts to disassemble in there if you want to clean it properly.
Pretty much. Although most of the dirt was just dust, a lot of it, like on the shock towers and suspension arms, was this really nasty goopy crap with the consistency of tough clay mixed with rubber cement, or something like that. After this soak, I'll take the arms and hubs apart to clean them up, and fix some fit issues with the hubs. They're a bit too tight.
My current vintage racing lineup: Associated RC10 B2, RC10 Team Car, Losi XXT, XX4, XFactory X5, Schumacher CAT 2000 www.moto-obscura.com

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Hopefully it didn't bend up that nose plate to bad...And as for the hubs you can still get the roll pins for them...If you can't pull them out carefully take a dremel with cutoff wheel and get most of the pin off and the rest will pull out...Go slow and you won't hit the carrier...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

nicholasdivitto

Post by nicholasdivitto »

All cleaned up and I just finished rebuilding it by the book. I'll take some pictures later, once I install the electronics.

For now I'm just going to use the electronics that were already in it, assuming they all still work. But I think I'm gonna race it, at least once, with a 13.5T brushless and 2s setup. I'm sure it can handle that.

Does anybody make some sort of an under body protector tray? I think I have some Carbon Fiber patterned vinyl decal sheet that I could also use to protect the bottom. I'm not too concerned, I just want to keep it nice as a runner.
My current vintage racing lineup: Associated RC10 B2, RC10 Team Car, Losi XXT, XX4, XFactory X5, Schumacher CAT 2000 www.moto-obscura.com

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

yep, someone makes a really nice lexan undertray. Teman maybe?