Adapters for modern wheels on a RC250/RC300/RC500???

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GreenHell
Approved Member

Adapters for modern wheels on a RC250/RC300/RC500???

Post by GreenHell »

Is anybody aware of a modern wheel that will fit vintage AE 1/8 scale, or with adapters???

There has been a lot of ”Pan Car” chat on RCtech lately that has inspired me to break out some of my vintage nitro stuff and do some parking lot racing. The only problem is I have a very limited supply of good rubber.

Thanks,
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

Taylorm
Approved Member

Re: Adapters for modern wheels on a RC250/RC300/RC500???

Post by Taylorm »

Green, tomorrow in Toledo we will probably have no less than 6-7 pan cars (some old Associated, some new Motonicas) running at our club race at www.racersoftoledo.com we're trying to bring pan alive again.... :D donuts can be had from BSR racing if you need rubber for an old pan car.............MATT
http://www.johnsbsrracing.com/

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Thanks for the info!

I’d love to get in on some pan car action, I've been checking out the Motonica P8C… very tempting. :mrgreen:

Just a warning though... it’s been almost twenty years since the last time I raced 1/8 on-road (I’d hate to be a moving speed bump :oops: ).

Taylorm
Approved Member

Post by Taylorm »

GreenHell wrote:Thanks for the info!

I’d love to get in on some pan car action, I've been checking out the Motonica P8C… very tempting. :mrgreen:

Just a warning though... it’s been almost twenty years since the last time I raced 1/8 on-road (I’d hate to be a moving speed bump :oops: ).
Steve, here at our Toledo track ( www.racersoftoledo.com ) we have created a resurgance of the pan cars..i am running my old RC300 ball diff car against guys who
have the new Motonica.........we should have no less than 10 cars next spring.......A new Motonica can be had for about 550.00 which includes ther motor and pipe....
you should get one and swing over for some club racing in Toledo next year..........tons of laid back fun....we are having a ball with them...

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Taylorm wrote:Steve, here at our Toledo track ( http://www.racersoftoledo.com ) we have created a resurgance of the pan cars..i am running my old RC300 ball diff car against guys who
have the new Motonica.........we should have no less than 10 cars next spring.......A new Motonica can be had for about 550.00 which includes ther motor and pipe....
you should get one and swing over for some club racing in Toledo next year..........tons of laid back fun....we are having a ball with them...
Cool, sounds like fun. I hope the class takes off, I would love nothing more than to see 1/8th on-road have a come back.

I was looking around for deals on a used 4wd car, but I really like the simplicity of the old 2wd pan cars and have decided that’s the direction I’m headed. Have any rules been established?

Taylorm
Approved Member

Post by Taylorm »

GreenHell wrote:
Taylorm wrote:Steve, here at our Toledo track ( http://www.racersoftoledo.com ) we have created a resurgance of the pan cars..i am running my old RC300 ball diff car against guys who
Cool, sounds like fun. I hope the class takes off, I would love nothing more than to see 1/8th on-road have a come back.

I was looking around for deals on a used 4wd car, but I really like the simplicity of the old 2wd pan cars and have decided that’s the direction I’m headed. Have any rules been established?
Steve, we are currently haggling out rules for next year here... http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/339398-european-2wd-1-8th-pan-car-road-classic-class-52.html i want the guys to adhere to a $250.00 street price limit on motors and the guys and myself are probably going to do a group buy of vintage bodies from
http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php?p=prodotti&l=eng&cat1=6&cat2=11&cat3=16 so we can run vintage stuff......... i feel this could be an AWESOME class next year..
the cars are very easy on tires and fuel and run great on 3 port offroad motors..............come join us next year... the guy on RCTECH that goes by the name Garen
is importing Motonicas car.............

Niki
Approved Member

Post by Niki »

Hi All,
Do anyone know about the wheel adapters ?
How to fit modern 1/8 foams on a RC250 ?

-Niki-