RC10T Runner

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jeepy2013
Approved Member

RC10T Runner

Post by jeepy2013 »

Yesterday after I dug my 10T out of the closet to mess around with it, the mailman brought me another 10T 8)

This one I picked up online, it came partially disassembled so he could fit it in the box. I don't know a lot about 10T's, but I'm guessing this is a later model with the newer style black arms. The chassis has a B stamp on it, it has MIP CVD's on it, RPM bellcranks, RPM front bumper, a Epic "ROAR 91" marked stock motor with no label and the Tekin ESC. The rear body mounts were totally missing, but I just happened to have a correct set for it. Looks like the rest of the parts were white and dyed black, the shock towers had been dyed or something too. This one is a little rough around the edges, but it's going to be a runner, maybe I'll do the B4 top shaft / slipper conversion and run a brushless setup of some sort in it or maybe a modified brushed setup.

Anybody know approx. what vintage this Tekin ESC is? I never ran Tekin back then so I'm not familiar with the old ones. Was thinking this might be great for my other 10T box art project perhaps.

And here it is back all in one piece for now, till I decide where to start cleaning it and going through it. All the bearings feel nice and so does the transmission, so looks like some cleaning and maintenance and it should be good to go. :mrgreen:

jeepy2013
Approved Member

Re: RC10T Runner

Post by jeepy2013 »

Cleaned up the truck a bit, got rid of all the Velcro and double sided tape stuck all over the place. I installed the new rear body mounts, now I'm fitting the TBG body to it that I had. Yes, my workbench is a MESS!!! :mrgreen:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

the tekin is circa 1993

jeepy2013
Approved Member

Post by jeepy2013 »

OK, thanks for that info.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Gonna be a good runner - still, I'd pick a set of unrusted turnbuckles and UJ's for this bad boy. The rusty stuff really lets a car down, visually...

Have you rebuilt the shocks? This stack of spring spacers at the rear is a big red signal in my books ;)

Have fun,
Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

jeepy2013
Approved Member

Post by jeepy2013 »

Nah, I haven't done any of that yet....lol.

Definitely in the plans though, rebuild shocks, check inside of transmission, check all the bearings, etc. Maybe I'll do some Lunsford turnbuckles on this as well. Just kina tinkering with it right now.

Painted the body this afternoon, figured I'd go a little different and paint in the Worlds Car theme, I like it. :mrgreen:

tuna.Rc
Approved Member

Post by tuna.Rc »

jeepy2013 wrote:Yesterday after I dug my 10T out of the closet to mess around with it, the mailman brought me another 10T 8)

This one I picked up online, it came partially disassembled so he could fit it in the box. I don't know a lot about 10T's, but I'm guessing this is a later model with the newer style black arms. The chassis has a B stamp on it, it has MIP CVD's on it, RPM bellcranks, RPM front bumper, a Epic "ROAR 91" marked stock motor with no label and the Tekin ESC. The rear body mounts were totally missing, but I just happened to have a correct set for it. Looks like the rest of the parts were white and dyed black, the shock towers had been dyed or something too. This one is a little rough around the edges, but it's going to be a runner, maybe I'll do the B4 top shaft / slipper conversion and run a brushless setup of some sort in it or maybe a modified brushed setup.

Anybody know approx. what vintage this Tekin ESC is? I never ran Tekin back then so I'm not familiar with the old ones. Was thinking this might be great for my other 10T box art project perhaps.

And here it is back all in one piece for now, till I decide where to start cleaning it and going through it. All the bearings feel nice and so does the transmission, so looks like some cleaning and maintenance and it should be good to go. :mrgreen:

Did you get that off ebay? i swear thats an old 10T i sold a year or 2 ago, a project I never go to.
I think it was a mix of Rc10gt parts and a team car tub. The shock towers,purple shock nuts and broken bulk head and the rims / tires, shock spacers are looking familiar lol , ( i bet all the shock oil leaks out when you add it, the shock bodies are that worn lol) .. If it is , someone swapped the motor plate and the steering rack. Might not be my old truck, but looks like it lol. Great project

jeepy2013
Approved Member

Post by jeepy2013 »

No I got it on another board. The bulkhead isn't broken though, or are you talking about the rea r where is has been cut out for some reason? It was just missing the rear body mounts. The guy I got it from took it apart to squeeze it into the box he shipped it in. Hey you never know, could have been yours at one time. The guy I got it from was in Long Beach, Cali.

Jimbo302
Approved Member

Post by Jimbo302 »

I dig the paint job on the body.
Are you just going to clean the turnbuckles? I've been looking for replacements for mine.

SiRacer420
Approved Member

Post by SiRacer420 »

I love that paint job!

jeepy2013
Approved Member

Post by jeepy2013 »

I just started to clean them for now with some elbow grease and gun oil. Going to look for replacements as well. Ran into a weird situation, this truck has MIP CVD's on it, so the rear carriers have been changed, I guess to mate up with the CVD's. Now they have a smaller axle, not sure what these carriers are off of, maybe a Losi? The truck has Losi marked tires on the front, so maybe the wheels and tires all came off a Losi, I'm not sure.

I decided to put the body on my nicer 10T for now, I think I'll start a thread for that one (if I didn't already) :mrgreen:

orangemazda
Approved Member

Post by orangemazda »

.. :D
jeepy2013 wrote:I just started to clean them for now with some elbow grease and gun oil. Going to look for replacements as well. Ran into a weird situation, this truck has MIP CVD's on it, so the rear carriers have been changed, I guess to mate up with the CVD's. Now they have a smaller axle, not sure what these carriers are off of, maybe a Losi? The truck has Losi marked tires on the front, so maybe the wheels and tires all came off a Losi, I'm not sure.

I decided to put the body on my nicer 10T for now, I think I'll start a thread for that one (if I didn't already) :mrgreen:

jeepy2013
Approved Member

Post by jeepy2013 »

Then I won't have CVD's any more, just the worn out universals that also came with it. :lol:

So what are they off of ? I assume the PO did that to be able to run the MIP CVD's on this truck?

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Those are standard H Arm rear hubs for the Losi JRX Series of cars.

Those CVD's should work with standard rear hubs from the re-re worlds car with the bearings that you already have.

A previous owner may have used them for more link options... or he broke the correct ones and had a broken older Losi around... :)
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

yellowdatsun
Approved Member

Post by yellowdatsun »

You oughta paint, or sharpie, the axles and tie rods, the rust is killing me :-)