RC10Talk community build

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

RC10Talk community build

Post by GoMachV »

Announcing a RC10Talk community build!

I’m going to start the community build by supplying a customized one-off Factory Works C2 trailing arm chassis set and a few small pieces. I will then pass it along to the next person. For this first build I have already pre-committed a few well known contributors. They will install some parts that they are willing to donate, and then they will pass it along to the next person. I don’t want this to be a build that costs anyone out of pocket. We have so many people with bits laying around that they won’t use or at least are willing to donate. Everyone that helps should sign the chassis or body. A few items will come from manufacturers such as Factory Works, Team KnK, Nostalgic RC and others.

When this build is complete, we will run a giveaway where all donators to the RC10Talk website for the month (start and end dates to be announced after the build is complete) will all earn an entry into a spin to win (one per person).

I’m excited to see where this takes us. Here is my contribution, and I will now be mailing this to Jason for the next stage of the build. This build is shared between the website here and our Facebook group.
BDCE8DE0-D4B1-4C0D-BFB5-10FF351081D2.jpeg
Attachments
5C9DFDCF-3BC4-4707-8E7C-4FD8D28E51B3.jpeg
FF0F2A18-2494-4D66-B305-B5797E9BC31F.jpeg
28FCF60D-3D94-44A6-B51E-55105C3AE648.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GoMachV

Re: RC10Talk community build

Post by GoMachV »

One thing I forgot to really mention- as every person receives the car and does their part, they are doing it their way. Just because I started with blue anodizing doesn’t mean the next guy can’t strip it and ano it purple. This is what will make the build exciting, as each person will add their own details. I hope, for example, that Jason takes the dremel to my cruddy rear bulkhead and makes it pretty. If it falls in some dye as well, so be it! I appreciate the offers and it sounds like we could build several this way, but I think it’s best to leave it to the next person to decide what items they want to add and how. So Jason for example will add some front end parts. He might put out a feeler asking is anyone has a front nose plate to kick in. Hope that makes sense. I don’t want it to just be my build.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

This is totally RAD!

I could put some vintage Traxxas stickers on it.....and then immediately enter a program very similar to witness protection. :roll:
Hope you're doin' something fun.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Awesome idea! :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:25 pm Awesome idea! :mrgreen:
I’m sending it to y’all for a LeMans motor :mrgreen:
Factory Works website

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I'll pocket one next time I'm over there! :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Great idea, very cool 8)

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

That's a really cool idea.... Hopefully people will post progress pics as it moves along?
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

This is awesome! 8)
Something clever goes here...

mikea96
Approved Member

Post by mikea96 »

Wow awesome idea Jeff! 8)

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

If I can help a little with all the shipping costs that may ensue let me know! Maybe start an account that those interested can contribute to? I don't want to complicate this though, so feel free to ignore the idea, seriously. :idea:
Ken

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

GoMachV wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:33 pm One thing I forgot to really mention- as every person receives the car and does their part, they are doing it their way. Just because I started with blue anodizing doesn’t mean the next guy can’t strip it and ano it purple. This is what will make the build exciting, as each person will add their own details.
On this I respectfully disagree. Each person is not necessarily getting to add their own details if the next person can change those details. If you add something with blue anodizing, then the next guy should not get to change that anodizing to purple. What if the guy after him hates purple and decides to polish the parts instead? Similarly, if I were to contribute a rare set of hot pink wheels, then someone getting the car after me should not be allowed to dye those wheels black. Building the car as you are suggesting means that the people at the end of the line essentially have all of the creative rights and get the final say in the outcome of the build.
Something clever goes here...

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Cool idea, we need a wanted section for this somewhere. I think we can all respect the input of each other that any changes enhance not paint over previous contributions. Great idea Jeff :idea:
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

KidAgain
Approved Member

Post by KidAgain »

Simply Awesome...........................................
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Me and David would be interested in doing the vintage esc/motor/ body.
Tap pic for clarity: Derek