Cliff Lett Rc10t shelf-ish queen

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TeamMoo91

Cliff Lett Rc10t shelf-ish queen

Post by TeamMoo91 »

Hey everyone!

I'm 29 years old, which makes the team moo Rc10t roughly the same age as myself. When I was probably 7-8 years old I saw a flash back post in a rc magazine on cliff letts Rc10t with the iconic cow front end paint scheme. Since that day it's been stamped into my brain as being super rad!

Fast forward 21 years later and the opportunity arose to own a replica Rc10ST. I could not pass this opportunity.

Upon arrival I immediately purchased a complete stealth trans in parts (new) to replace the Thorpe 64p gears (currently on display). I then installed all Reedy electronics as it was also a childhood dream to one, have matching electronics and two have those electronics be all Reedy. (being a adult can occasionally be cool in this instance MONEY!!!

I plan to post much more on this love of mine along with some others that are hiding in my collection! Until then, enjoy the last picture take at my local indoor track
Attachments
20210915_213349.jpg

R6cowboy

Re: Cliff Lett Rc10t shelf-ish queen

Post by R6cowboy »

Seriously sweet build holmes, great taste for a "dream truck".
-Jerry-

TeamMoo91

Post by TeamMoo91 »

R6cowboy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:50 pm Seriously sweet build holmes, great taste for a "dream truck".
Thank you! I can't wait to enjoy it more in the future. I'm caught between serious shelf queen and the need to take if for some nostalgic hit laps at a reasonable pace. Tonight really set me back as I've always heard stories of people saying don't drive your dream car because it might not be what you thought. For being a 30 year old rc roughly, it wouldn't have much trouble keeping up with a newer stadium with some proper tires. I was seriously impressed with the articulation on carpet even with the original front skinnies and some pyramids I threw on the back to prevent the old school rears from being worn out.

TeamMoo91

Post by TeamMoo91 »

Here's a quick look from tonight's solo practice session. The truck is powered by a Reedy sonic 5.5t with a Reedy 510r esc. The battery is a Reedy HV lipo and up front is a shorty brushless Reedy servo with a Reedy servo horn.

The chassis is a original B stamp chassis with j concepts shock towers (still have the originals) and a jconcepts motor plate. The trans which is newly built by myself has full ball bearing along with the truck itself and currently has a b4 top shaft with slipper from a b6.2. I will be switching back to a original slipper system with a carbon slipper pad.

Also pictured is my kyosho ultima rere and my new associated B74.1 with full Reedy electronics :D
Attachments
20210915_220329.jpg
20210915_220242.jpg

TeamMoo91

Post by TeamMoo91 »

Decided to assemble my spare Thorp 64p gear stealth trans today. I just love vintage rc stuff. It was really awesome to open up everything and assemble it!
Attachments
20210907_164303.jpg

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

That's a beautiful truck to be driving, but I'm sure you know what your doing :lol:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

TeamMoo91

Post by TeamMoo91 »

RC10th wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:15 pm That's a beautiful truck to be driving, but I'm sure you know what your doing :lol:
It's driven in moderation. I never push it very hard nor take any chances. Obviously there is always a chance something can go wrong but I really enjoy driving it. Brings me back to the younger days when I would dream about this thing :D

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Post by MarkyDents »

It truly is a beautiful truck, nicely appointed as well. 8)
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

TeamMoo91

Post by TeamMoo91 »

MarkyDents wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:23 pm It truly is a beautiful truck, nicely appointed as well. 8)
Thank you!

Ronbo
Approved Member

Post by Ronbo »

Beautiful truck, glad you are driving it and enjoying it. I too, have my version of Cliff Letts truck and have a thread on it here. I did buy carbon towers and Factoryworks rims inspired by the Jconcepts truck article on their website from 2017. And i need to get that re released motor plate they have as well. Could you go into more of your build for us? How about how you applied the chassis color, slipper, etc?

TeamMoo91

Post by TeamMoo91 »

Ronbo wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:25 am Beautiful truck, glad you are driving it and enjoying it. I too, have my version of Cliff Letts truck and have a thread on it here. I did buy carbon towers and Factoryworks rims inspired by the Jconcepts truck article on their website from 2017. And i need to get that re released motor plate they have as well. Could you go into more of your build for us? How about how you applied the chassis color, slipper, etc?
The chassis was purchased as a roller so I did not apply the paint/powder coat. I did however put the jconcepts carbon towers on it, went through the shocks by changing the oil and taking some rubbing compound to the shafts with a drill to shine them up a bit and take out and small scratches. The trans came with Tharp gears and ball bearings which I purchased another Tharp gearset for it to have as a double spare (and display). I currently have a stock stealth gearset in it with a associated b4 top shaft and b6.2 slipper (which slides right on the b4 top shaft). I also have recently picked up a carbon slipper pad to replace the b4 setup with something more original.

Right now I'm in the process of trying to get the truck signed by cliff, hopefully by the end of the week I will have some more info on that!