Tamiya M06 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: Tamiya M06 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA

Post by XLR8 »

I'm looking at three manuals going back to the original FAV in 1984 and it's not exactly clear but there could be some minor changes made to the re-re transmissions. Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread further so I could start another one to discuss this version of the WO in greater detail. Again, it's not a big deal, just something I noticed during the build.
Doug

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

XLR8 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:02 am I'm looking at three manuals going back to the original FAV in 1984 and it's not exactly clear but there could be some minor changes made to the re-re transmissions. Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread further so I could start another one to discuss this version of the WO in greater detail. Again, it's not a big deal, just something I noticed during the build.
Well, today is a new month, I may have the envy to start something... I will create the thread :)
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)

Ironhead888

Post by Ironhead888 »

Great looking build! I have the Alpine A110 kit that I've yet to start and after seeing your build, I'll have to pick one of these up, the lines on these bodies are just beautiful, just IMO.

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

Lovely build!!! The body is a beauty.

I'm not a Tamiya guy but i had to get two Tamiya Volkswagen Karmann Ghia kits last summer with intention of finishing the two towards end of 2021.

So far, I've only managed to partially build one with ball bearings as an upgrade. The chassis is basically done minus wheels and the correct battery end plug. The body still needs to be trimmed and painted...and then i can start the second kit :shock:

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

LoboNYC wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:39 am Lovely build!!! The body is a beauty.

I'm not a Tamiya guy but i had to get two Tamiya Volkswagen Karmann Ghia kits last summer with intention of finishing the two towards end of 2021.

So far, I've only managed to partially build one with ball bearings as an upgrade. The chassis is basically done minus wheels and the correct battery end plug. The body still needs to be trimmed and painted...and then i can start the second kit :shock:
The Karmann Ghia bodyshell is probably a 239mm (L) wheel base... But yes, it is basically the same kit minus bodyshell and wheels which are distinctive... Just one comment if you have not trimmed the bodyshell : I found the body shell of this kit being thinner than the one i'm used to trim, and you need to be careful trimming the wheel arches, specifically on the mould separation lines...
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)