Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Frankentruck

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Frankentruck »

That's a legitimate "Hey you, get off my lawn!"

I've seen people put small boulders on the ends of a lawn to deter cars from driving on it.

So there's no sidewalk there for pedestrians?
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

JosephS wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:33 pm I've accepted it, but the loss of the green on my easement.

I have about 7' of now dirt that used to be lawn between my driveway and the street. People walking trampled the grass till it was a dirt path. Additionally people would park slightly on the lawn,there is no curb. This broke my sprinklers or worse the irrigation pipes. After the 6th repair my wife told me to let it go.

Now it's a dirt patch that people leave dog crap on.
Setup your spriklnklers on motion detect. That would be hilarious. Sooner or later (probably sooner), they'll find somewhere else to walk their dogs.

And post one of these signs for the cars.
Screenshot_20220831-125245_Samsung Internet.jpg
If they ignore it, you know what that means.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Vehicle owners that do not consult their owner's manual for ANYTHING.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

juicedcoupe wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:51 pm
JosephS wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:33 pm I've accepted it, but the loss of the green on my easement.

I have about 7' of now dirt that used to be lawn between my driveway and the street. People walking trampled the grass till it was a dirt path. Additionally people would park slightly on the lawn,there is no curb. This broke my sprinklers or worse the irrigation pipes. After the 6th repair my wife told me to let it go.

Now it's a dirt patch that people leave dog crap on.
Setup your spriklnklers on motion detect. That would be hilarious. Sooner or later (probably sooner), they'll find somewhere else to walk their dogs.

And post one of these signs for the cars.

Screenshot_20220831-125245_Samsung Internet.jpg

If they ignore it, you know what that means.
I have had 'ideas.' I was think of planting cacti, but good cacti get stolen. Moving from there to untended roses or a collection of super hot peppers. In the end I can't see that part of the yard from my house.

Though an automated sprinkler would be interesting against my next irritation. Raccoons that steal my fruit. They pull down an apple take a single bite and then grab a different one.

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

My beef lately......dudes at "work" whining about their pay rate. Leave and find another job that meets your "needs". Cuz showing up a half hour late and missing out on all the housekeeping duties before going live and then moping around all day and complaining about the "workload" and being "compensated", ain"t working and just makes you look like a child. You agreed to the pay and hours when you accepted the job offer. So shut your mouth and contribute in a meaningful way to the organization, or clean out your locker, get in your hoopty and head on down the road. Like, wow. Shut up and eat the poop or GTFOH!!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

juicedcoupe wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:54 pm Things that irritate you. Post up.
Oh! You don't even want to get me started! :roll:
romulus22 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:14 pm Rarely am I “in a hurry”. But I’m a very impatient person. I get irritated by people who are just in the way, taking their sweet time with no regard to how slow they’re being or inconvenient they’re making everything for others around them.
Others have posted similarly with specific instances, but your post is the most accurate of me. I know where I am going, I know how to get there, and I know what I'm doing. It doesn't matter if it's behind the wheel, at the grocery store, or anywhere else. If I don't know any of the above, I will step aside of traffic to figure it out!

What grinds my gears is that every imaginable idiot that could possibly be out, will be out in front of me! :roll: Walking through a store, people will literally look me in the eye, cut me off, then stop and have a conversation with the wind in the middle of the aisle so that I can't get around them. Or, walk as slow as possible IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE so nobody can get around them. It's also fun when these mental midgets park their carts in the middle of the aisle and go walking somewhere else. More and more I'm taking their carts and pushing them well away from where they were left.

Driving is even worse! Idiots will change lanes for no reason. There will be nobody in front of them, but they all of a sudden think they need the lane I'm in, doesn't matter if I'm on their bumper or 6 blocks away, they'll change lanes or pull out, then suddenly forget where they are, what they're doing, or where they're going and essentially either putz along or stop altogether. :roll: :roll: All too often I'll be doing 70 in the speed lane and some nitwit will cut me off doing less than 55. I will ride their arse until either they move over or I can get around them, but, of course, I'm the arsehole. An even better one is night driving, I'll be at or above the speed limit in the middle lane of 5 lanes and someone will come up behind me and ride my arse.Absolutely nobody else on the freeway and they have to ride my arse. I can slow down, I can speed up, they're on my arse! If I get over one lane they'll take off like a bat out of H-E-double hockey sticks! Why the F can't they just go around in the first place?

Then there are the motorcycles that want to split lanes at 50+ miles an hour! And they wonder why they get run over all the time!

To put it succinctly, nobody seems to have any common sense anymore, they can't see beyond their own noses and certainly don't give a flying F about anyone around them, whether that's walking down the street or on the roadways. Life is all about them, traffic laws and common courtesy be damned! :roll:

Didn't I say, "don't get me started??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!" :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

I've noticed that I encounter more of these "traffic obstacles" when I'm in my wife's vehicle. When I'm in my 4X4 truck, cars seem more obliged to move over.

As for the people who still don't get the point, and make me pass them in the right lane. As soon as I pass them, I immediately change lanes within feet of their car.

As for cars that want to ride my bumper, proceed at your own risk. My truck is somewhat raised and has a 6" drop hitch. A few years ago, a Cadillac rear ended me. It barely scratched the paint on my hitch, but it ripped a crater down the middle of that car (destroyed the front cap, hood, core support, radiator, AC coil, and fan). Probably totaled the car.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

juicedcoupe wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:03 pm As for the people who still don't get the point, and make me pass them in the right lane. As soon as I pass them, I immediately change lanes within feet of their car.
Me too! Why is it that people think that whatever speed they're going is the max speed that everyone else should travel? They get in the fast lane to go half a mile per hour faster than the slow moron in the next lane, all the while ignoring the very long line of traffic behind them as they refuse to heed the lane! :roll: It's called a speed lane for a reason, just as on ramps are designed to get up to and match the speed of traffic before you merge. But, who am I to judge. :roll:

If there is one thing I'm certain of, the two slowest idiots on the road will get side by side and pace each other so that nobody else can't get past them. Their heads are so far up their own arse they can't even breathe, which would explain the stupidity they purvey.

There used to be a time where you could judge a book by it's cover, Mercedes drivers, BMW drivers, women, old folks, whatever. In today's world, all that is out the window. The only ones you can kinda shoehorn into a stereotype is a Prius driver, and by extension, most electric vehicle drivers. What is a guarantee is that a good 50% of "drivers" out there shouldn't even have a license. I really miss the days of covid lockdown when most of these morons were off the road for a couple weeks.

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

Halgar wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:54 am There used to be a time where you could judge a book by it's cover, Mercedes drivers, BMW drivers, women, old folks, whatever. In today's world, all that is out the window. The only ones you can kinda shoehorn into a stereotype is a Prius driver, and by extension, most electric vehicle drivers. What is a guarantee is that a good 50% of "drivers" out there shouldn't even have a license. I really miss the days of covid lockdown when most of these morons were off the road for a couple weeks.
During our covid "lockdowns" people were allowed to take trips on their own. This significantly cut down on car crashes because apparently many of the morons like to take family trips, but not all of them. Around here there were a couple of very spectacular car crashes (high speed on straight line, hit an obstacle (how?), flipped over, totalled their own car + several parked ones, unfortunately escaped unharmed) caused by drugged up morons... :D

When the lockdowns eased the family morons came out of the woodwork, including a lot of people who post-lockdown seem to behave like other traffic is just not there. :roll:

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

I truly believe you can judge a person's character by the way they operate their motor vehicle. If they drive like an idiot, they are an idiot. They can tint their windows for some degree of anonymity and pretend they "didn't know" or "didn't see". But the odds are they are an idiot.

Myself? I am perfect. :lol: :roll:

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Lorry (truck) racing on motorways , over here in the UK we have a 60mph speed limit for Lorry's on the motorway , all Lorry's have a govoner to stop them going faster , over on the continent it's almost the same but it's in Kph , almost the same as in its actually 58mph , so some Lorry's that do intercontinental haulage are on our roads and governed to 58mph , none of these governors are totally exact so there's some that go a tad faster and some a tad slower , this leads to having two out of three lanes of a motorway being taken up by a lorry that's overtaking another lorry at a net speed of 1 yard a minute while all the cars legally allowed to do 70mph queue up to try and get by in the remaining lane , there really should be a law against it as it just drives stress levels of car drivers through the roof .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Seems like stupid drivers are a universal problem. :lol: I agree with what others have said on the subject of slow cars imposing their idea of the speed limit on everyone else and will add another from the opposite perspective. I don't get the tailgaters who think they can intimidate me into solving a problem I didn't create. I am sorry that you are the 93rd car stuck in a horrendous line of traffic, but tailgating the s--- out of me with your brights on won't fix anything. I am the 92nd car stuck in the same damn mess. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

1911Colt wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:57 am Seems like stupid drivers are a universal problem. :lol: I agree with what others have said on the subject of slow cars imposing their idea of the speed limit on everyone else and will add another from the opposite perspective. I don't get the tailgaters who think they can intimidate me into solving a problem I didn't create. I am sorry that you are the 93rd car stuck in a horrendous line of traffic, but tailgating the s--- out of me with your brights on won't fix anything. I am the 92nd car stuck in the same damn mess. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I get this all the time , I live in a little village with narrow roads most of the way where it's nigh on impossible to overtake , I can be 3 cars behind a slow car (and they have the right to drive slow if they want) and some jerk is always right up my a$$ :!: , Sometimes when I turn right off the main road into my village it can take me ages to be sure there is no oncoming traffic while the offending car just has to sit there :lol: it's petty but very satisfying .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

Halgar wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:27 pm I know where I am going, I know how to get there, and I know what I'm doing. It doesn't matter if it's behind the wheel, at the grocery store, or anywhere else. If I don't know any of the above, I will step aside of traffic to figure it out!
This explains me perfectly. And almost everyone of your examples is spot on. “Just get out of the way!!!”

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:25 am Myself? I am perfect. :lol: :roll:
Well, that goes without saying! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think most "sane" drivers feel this way, and by sane, I mean those of us that are completely aware of how to operate a vehicle, what the different lanes of the highway are for, how to use a turn signal, merge into traffic, etc.

I'm willing to bet MOST people think they're a good driver, that because they following the "speed limit" in the fast lane, they are well within their right and sane and are a "good driver". Of course, they would be utterly and completely wrong, but who am I to judge when I'm passing them on the median shoulder and not out of 2nd gear? :roll: :wink: :mrgreen: I'm joking folks, I don't do that, as much as I want to, I don't do it! Just like I don't pit maneuver them off the frigg'n highway for hogging the fast lane and/or carpool lane.