Things that irritate you

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Things that irritate you

Post by Halgar »

R6cowboy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:07 pm
Halgar wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:59 pm It's been 20 years since I've thrown a dart, you're making me wanna pick up a set and go have some fun!
Heck yeah. The wife and I have a board in the garage and we throw with family and friends often.
We had a pool table and dart board. I built a wet bar to match the table, all raised panel, white maple cabinetry, even built the pool table light.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pix on my computer of it anymore.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

People on FBMP or eBay that don't send the goods after payment!!

It is 2022, if I use FB or eBay, I am paying: 1st through the medium (FBMP or eBay), + 2nd through PayPal, and + 3rd with my CC. I have 3 levels of buyer protection there ................ do you really think you are taking my money and running?!?!?!?

How does this work in your head? I try to get you to send the stuff through a couple of messages, and then, what, I forget about it and leave you alone and move on with my life?

Every time that I start to think that people out there can't still be this dumb, I get bit again! This time with a couple of older PDI ESCs through eBay. Messaged the guy a couple of times during purchasing and he seemed cool, and after payment he said he would have it out that day (9/8) or the next, and now nothing but crickets since then! Now eBay is involved, and in a few days my money will be back and life will go on. I just don't understand how the guy thought this was going to play out differently.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

morrisey0 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:12 pm People on FBMP or eBay that don't send the goods after payment!!

It is 2022, if I use FB or eBay, I am paying: 1st through the medium (FBMP or eBay), + 2nd through PayPal, and + 3rd with my CC. I have 3 levels of buyer protection there ................ do you really think you are taking my money and running?!?!?!?

How does this work in your head? I try to get you to send the stuff through a couple of messages, and then, what, I forget about it and leave you alone and move on with my life?

Every time that I start to think that people out there can't still be this dumb, I get bit again! This time with a couple of older PDI ESCs through eBay. Messaged the guy a couple of times during purchasing and he seemed cool, and after payment he said he would have it out that day (9/8) or the next, and now nothing but crickets since then! Now eBay is involved, and in a few days my money will be back and life will go on. I just don't understand how the guy thought this was going to play out differently.
The wonderful thing about crime is you don't have to be smart , pass any exams or go to an interview ...... It often shows .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

People who don't understand how a roundabout works!

We have a smaller one in a somewhat busy area. Lots of people treat it like a 4 way stop, causing traffic to back up in all directions.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

juicedcoupe wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:14 pm People who don't understand how a roundabout works!

We have a smaller one in a somewhat busy area. Lots of people treat it like a 4 way stop, causing traffic to back up in all directions.
Good one. We just had one (1st in town) replace a four way stop last year. It's fantastic, for those of us with a little common sense who can follow easy traffic signs and road markings. To others, it causes them to go full brain-dead mode.
-Jerry-

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

I had a guy stop in front of me just today at a roundabout, and the closet other vehicle was on the opposite side! But at least on this side of town, it is probably the first one many of these people have ever seen, so I give them a little bit of a break.

I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Two types of people in the world. One group understand roundabouts and the others are Americans.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:45 pm Two types of people in the world. One group understand roundabouts and the others are Americans.
Some of us understand them just fine.

https://youtu.be/oSQ0YrJnVac
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

Guys who buy out Custom Works CVDs, repackage them as vintage, and sell them on eBay for 4 times the price.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Mothers (or parents in general) pushing a baby stroller down the street while staring at their phone, not paying any attention to the Jeep they're about two steps away from walking into. I step out of my vehicle and watch her until I realized she isn't going to look up. So I decided to startle the idiot so she wouldn't ram her baby into the back of my Jeep. Unbelievably dumb.
-Jerry-

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

A single roundabout? Amateurs.... this is my local roundabout....

I present, for your viewing pleasure, FIVE WAYS. Imaginative name.... most people usually go with "Where the F*%#?"...
437px-Five_ways_intersection.jpg
EAzSBwmU4AAhX2i.jpg
I think this is the reason why so many around here have questionable sanity....
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

threesheds
Approved Member

Post by threesheds »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:50 pm A single roundabout? Amateurs.... this is my local roundabout....

I present, for your viewing pleasure, FIVE WAYS. Imaginative name.... most people usually go with "Where the F*%#?"...
437px-Five_ways_intersection.jpg
EAzSBwmU4AAhX2i.jpg

I think this is the reason why so many around here have questionable sanity....
Is it called Pawnbroker Junction ?

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

We have a few roundabouts. My son and I enjoy doing laps when traffic is light enough. So far, Code 4 is our highest (4 times around). However when the whole family is in the car, it's Code Mom (no laps).
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

This is known as "The Magic Roundabout " it's in Swindon , drove round it towing a car on a trailer , was ....interesting .
Magic-Roundabout3-889x554.jpg
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.