Huge vintage auction

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

R6cowboy

Re: Huge vintage auction

Post by R6cowboy »

jcwrks wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:24 am Some lucky soul dropped $1500 on a nib Andy's Pro Race kit. Add 15%, plus sales tax, plus ship :D
So around $1900 all in. Damn, that sucks to have to pay that much over the sale price.
-Jerry-

duckhead

Post by duckhead »

A lot of enthusiastic bidding going on yesterday and today (currently) :lol:

duckhead

Post by duckhead »

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 19-29-30 DAY 2 RC Car Hobby Shop Race Track Liquidation.png
Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 19-29-30 DAY 2 RC Car Hobby Shop Race Track Liquidation.png (63.01 KiB) Viewed 816 times
Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 19-29-30 DAY 2 RC Car Hobby Shop Race Track Liquidation.png
Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 19-29-30 DAY 2 RC Car Hobby Shop Race Track Liquidation.png (63.01 KiB) Viewed 816 times
:shock:

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

Was trying for a couple JRXTs and some other parts. Lost bids on everything I tried for but it's OK I probably shouldn't have been buying that stuff anyway :lol:

That NIB RC10 went to the stratosphere pretty fast
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

There's always initial excitement about these auctions thinking you'll be able to get stuff for dirt cheap due to the obscurity of them, but I've found that everyone else has the same mindset. A lot of times the items end up going for more than you could have bought whatever it is off of eBay for. They also tend to be shady to boot. :?

jcwrks
Approved Member

Post by jcwrks »

duckhead wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:51 pm Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 19-29-30 DAY 2 RC Car Hobby Shop Race Track Liquidation.png

:shock:
After all of the fees that Team Car was $2300.
The official TX SKUNK

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I’d definitely let my nib team car go for that :shock:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

SteveMax
Approved Member

Post by SteveMax »

So much cool stuff in that auction. There were good deals to be had on items you very rarely see, but some things did go to the stratosphere.

The NIB Bolink Eliminator 10 Gold Edition was sweet! And the NIB RC10 kits! Very cool.

I also really liked the old banners, literature and t-shirts - those things sold for higher prices than i imagined. I tried for a few, but got outbid.
There was a lot of 70 RC Car Action magazines that went to like $650

I did win some lots and will pick them up on Saturday. I think it will be cool just to visit the place.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

How much did the Draggin Wagon go for?
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Got railroaded!....what a scam...my "NOS" Tamiya Technipower just arrived...I paid big 💰 for...it's used...has rust on it...has spare used brushes in box too..soldering is below par by far on it...motor even has engravings on it... it did come with original box and manual...the only upshot to this screwing is it does perform to stock specs on my Shinwa Motor analyzer..manual says it should turn 20,300 @ 7.2v...mine turns 20,500rpm...I will restore it cosmetically and apply a new decal from MCI...and put the motor in my all original "Real Deal" Hotshot
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Post by GeneralZod »

coxbros1 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:28 pm Got railroaded!....what a scam...my "NOS" Tamiya Technipower just arrived...I paid big 💰 for...it's used...has rust on it...has spare used brushes in box too..soldering is below par by far on it...motor even has engravings on it... it did come with original box and manual...the only upshot to this screwing is it does perform to stock specs on my Shinwa Motor analyzer..manual says it should turn 20,300 @ 7.2v...mine turns 20,500rpm...I will restore it cosmetically and apply a new decal from MCI...and put the motor in my all original "Real Deal" Hotshot
Yep, it's a crapshoot on online auctions. Prices were way out there for me. I still find better deals at various local tracks when they have a swap meet day. You'll have to post your restoration of your motor.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

GeneralZod wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:21 am
coxbros1 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:28 pm Got railroaded!....what a scam...my "NOS" Tamiya Technipower just arrived...I paid big 💰 for...it's used...has rust on it...has spare used brushes in box too..soldering is below par by far on it...motor even has engravings on it... it did come with original box and manual...the only upshot to this screwing is it does perform to stock specs on my Shinwa Motor analyzer..manual says it should turn 20,300 @ 7.2v...mine turns 20,500rpm...I will restore it cosmetically and apply a new decal from MCI...and put the motor in my all original "Real Deal" Hotshot
Yep, it's a crapshoot on online auctions. Prices were way out there for me. I still find better deals at various local tracks when they have a swap meet day. You'll have to post your restoration of your motor.
I will after I get my new decal and cosmetically up to par...I did do comm cutting today and break in...runs surprisingly strong and I like it alot even though I got screwed...turns 22,300 rpm 1.75 amps @ 7.2 volts...2k over stock specs at neutral timing, right in the middle.
Tap pic for clarity: Derek