Forum News & Discussion

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

R6cowboy

Re: Forum News & Discussion

Post by R6cowboy »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:26 pm I like the idea of the star with a number in the middle of it. And then a BIG star for a BOTY.
This sounds like a winner.

And since I'll never achieve a trophy, is there a way I could get a cowbell?
-Jerry-

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

All very good ideas! I've been messing around with it for the past few hours to see what the capabilities are.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I've found that there's a built-in way to add a number over the top of whatever graphic is used (trophy etc...) but the graphic is too small by default which makes it very hard to see. The solution is to increase the size of the graphic which isn't natively possible. There's a manual code edit which is supposed to do it in which I tried many times but isn't working. :? If there's no solution to increase the graphic size, we may have to go the multiple trophy route.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Well it's been a couple of days, and I haven't received an answer on how to increase the size. After looking into things, I remembered that the original developer of the mod passed away some years back, and it was taken over by a new person who obviously no longer really cares about it. :roll: So basically, it's only going to continue to work until it falls out of compatibility with the boards software progression. With that being the case, it's likely not worth putting too much time into. I just thought it would be a neat thing. Hopefully someone comes out with something else that's equivalent in the future.

In other news, I added a Yokomo re-release subforum as I saw on here that they are re-releasing the YZ-870c.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Not sure if it was previously mentioned, but what about putting a multiplier next to one's trophy to indicate multiple BOTM wins? And possibly a separate BOTY trophy. Unsure if that would be a simple enough solution.
-Jerry-

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Lowgear wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:30 pm In other news, I added a Yokomo re-release subforum as I saw on here that they are re-releasing the YZ-870c.
I saw that! 👍
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

R6cowboy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:46 pm Not sure if it was previously mentioned, but what about putting a multiplier next to one's trophy to indicate multiple BOTM wins? And possibly a separate BOTY trophy. Unsure if that would be a simple enough solution.

Yeah, it was suggested which is what turned into the problem. There's a built-in way to put a number with the trophy but the trophy graphic is too small which causes the number to be pretty illegible. The only way to increase the size is by manually editing the code. It was disclosed how to do it with a previous version, but unfortunately no longer works with the current one. I asked how to do it with the current version but have yet to receive a response. The original developer died, and the person who took it over is nowhere to be found. :?

The plan is to have an additional graphic of some kind for BOTY but again, the graphic sizes really need to be increased somewhat.

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Seperate graphics would be cool like a cup and a wreath but for the number, rather than adding them to the graphic, what about adding "BOTM wins" and "BOTY wins" to the members info in addition to "Posts", "Thanks", etc.?

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

That would take a modification (extension) that I don't believe exists. Thinking more about it, I can Photoshop the numbers next to the graphics myself in order to make them larger so they're actually readable. It's still not ideal but at least better.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Lowgear wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:30 am Yeah, it was suggested which is what turned into the problem. There's a built-in way to put a number with the trophy but the trophy graphic is too small which causes the number to be pretty illegible. The only way to increase the size is by manually editing the code. It was disclosed how to do it with a previous version, but unfortunately no longer works with the current one. I asked how to do it with the current version but have yet to receive a response. The original developer died, and the person who took it over is nowhere to be found. :?

The plan is to have an additional graphic of some kind for BOTY but again, the graphic sizes really need to be increased somewhat.
I meant for the multiplier number to be a separate graphic placed next to the trophy graphic. My apologies for not being very clear.
-Jerry-

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Ooooh that's a good idea that may work. I've just spent the last few hours trying to edit the trophy graphic with the numbers X1, X2, X3, etc... attached but it's not working out. Every time I upload the edited graphic, the extension keeps messing up the sizing in various ways! :x I'll try to add a separate multiplier number next to the trophy to see how that looks. Thanks for the idea. :)

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Well I was finally able to get a multiplier number next to the trophy. Now there's the task of setting them to members accounts one by one. I kind of wish I never considered this as something that was supposed to take an hour or two, snowballed into taking days. :? Me and my big ideas. :P

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Hey, I estimate my task time the same way too! Cool! 😁
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

That gave me a laugh! :lol:

I just finished giving all the winners their BotM trophies.

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

Lowgear wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:38 pm Well I was finally able to get a multiplier number next to the trophy. Now there's the task of setting them to members accounts one by one. I kind of wish I never considered this as something that was supposed to take an hour or two, snowballed into taking days. :? Me and my big ideas. :P
I'm sure most if not all here agree that we appreciate everything you do for the site.