PB Mini Mustang Refurb

The place for all things PB.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dadio
Approved Member

Re: PB Mini Mustang Refurb

Post by Dadio »

The fist time i test drove the Mustang i managed to put i minor gauge in the fiberglass chassis plate at the front and looking at other peoples cars this seems to be common so i drew up and printed a little nose cap for the front and a strip that goes along the center spine and under the diff at the back , its only 1.25 mm thick but its carbon fiber reinforced nylon so its pretty tough , it might not last long but if it dies taking a hit away from the chassis plate then its done its job , I'd have liked to do strips down the outer edges but there's nothing to hold it on with and I'm hesitant to start drilling into a nice vintage part.
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Dadio wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:32 am The fist time i test drove the Mustang i managed to put i minor gauge in the fiberglass chassis plate at the front and looking at other peoples cars this seems to be common so i drew up and printed a little nose cap for the front and a strip that goes along the center spine and under the diff at the back , its only 1.25 mm thick but its carbon fiber reinforced nylon so its pretty tough , it might not last long but if it dies taking a hit away from the chassis plate then its done its job , I'd have liked to do strips down the outer edges but there's nothing to hold it on with and I'm hesitant to start drilling into a nice vintage part.
I know Jason (@Bormac) and Rob (@Bullfrog) have made versions of the second part successfully... and I also know from the state of my old chassis plates that these are two very good upgrades for a car that is going to be run.... so where do I order???

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:57 pm
Dadio wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:32 am The fist time i test drove the Mustang i managed to put i minor gauge in the fiberglass chassis plate at the front and looking at other peoples cars this seems to be common so i drew up and printed a little nose cap for the front and a strip that goes along the center spine and under the diff at the back , its only 1.25 mm thick but its carbon fiber reinforced nylon so its pretty tough , it might not last long but if it dies taking a hit away from the chassis plate then its done its job , I'd have liked to do strips down the outer edges but there's nothing to hold it on with and I'm hesitant to start drilling into a nice vintage part.
I know Jason (@Bormac) and Rob (@Bullfrog) have made versions of the second part successfully... and I also know from the state of my old chassis plates that these are two very good upgrades for a car that is going to be run.... so where do I order???

Alex
I think a better idea would be to make a lexan under under tray , if I were to sell them I'd re do the front piece slightly and combine it with the rear part ,the front turned out to be slightly narrow , you can't really see from the pictures but the front piece has a raised edge but I had to trim it a bit on the sides as it was too narrow by about 1.5 mm , I had to scan the cassis plate and import the scan into Fusion 360 then use it as a template to make the shape and I cocked it up ...
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Combined the two under guards and adjusted the fit at the nose , its still not perfect but better .

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

In paint :D

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Dadio wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:19 pmIn paint :D
Ooohhh...... come on then!
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Ride the pony!! That thing looks crisp.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

This one comes with a big thank you to my old friend Brent who gave me the body set as a 50th birthday present , cheers mate :D
Its really hard to pick up in the pictures just how this sparkles , i used a metal flake clear coat under the red and blue of the body and left the white , the wing is metal flake under the white , i just could not get a picture that really picks it up .

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Absolutely beautiful, Dadio!!! 8)
...God Save The Queen playing in my head as I viewed the pics - couldn't help it. :lol:
Doug

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I'm happy for God to save the Queen , the politicians can all go to hell though :twisted:

JTSpeedDemon
Approved Member

Post by JTSpeedDemon »

Oh my GOSH! You MONSTER! You butchered Great Britain's flag!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just kidding, looks amazing! :D
Too good to race, I'd say!
Original Cadillac A stamp AE RC10 with Hot Trick parts! That's how I roll! 8)

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

JTSpeedDemon wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:13 am Oh my GOSH! You MONSTER! You butchered Great Britain's flag!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just kidding, looks amazing! :D
Too good to race, I'd say!
I did make a mistake that glares at me , the thin diagonal red lines are correctly off set but I neglected to make the surrounding white stripes wider on one side :? It could be worse .

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That's an awesome paint job, Dadio...gotta love those straight, clean lines. I bet that wasn't easy! Well done. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I've just started collect parts for the 2 speed gearbox ..... Still need to find the smaller spur gear and the drum it sits on and the clutch shoes , while I'm looking I can probably 3d print the gear and turn up a drum on the lath , not sure how to make the clutch shoes yet but I recon I can fudge something up .

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Dadio wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:23 am I've just started collect parts for the 2 speed gearbox ..... Still need to find the smaller spur gear and the drum it sits on and the clutch shoes , while I'm looking I can probably 3d print the gear and turn up a drum on the lath , not sure how to make the clutch shoes yet but I recon I can fudge something up .
Or you could just ask..... :P
Osiris is the key.