New member, potential vendor, and RC10 fan!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: New member, potential vendor, and RC10 fan!

Post by klavy69 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Are Sonny and Cher still together??
only in our hearts and memorys thumber :(

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Hi Chris, welcome to the board, it's great to have you here! I've always wanted a set of your Clodbuster wheels, do you still make those?

We should see about getting you a forum in the business section, it could keep your potential projects/orders/requests all organized in one place. I'd assume that your services will be in high demand here. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Hello and welcome. I am not familiar with your work but it looks and sounds great from what other members are saying. Looks like I better start saving $. :)
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

You guys are gonna give me a big head! Farmer, what are the adapters for Mate? If there's a fair amount wanted, anything's possible.

JM, Thanks for the nice words! I'll do some checking on the MIP 4WD conversion- If Eustace decided not to do 'em, mayhap he'll give me his blessing to produce some & help with schematics, can't hurt to ask! As far as tubework, I'd LOVE to get into some, especially for these old buggies: I'd need a bit of help though, as it is I need to spend more quality time vit der Haas. Thinkin' on it, though!

Melvin, only 5 sets of those Clod lockers ever existed, and 2 of 'em are mine. One set I did in all black w/silver highlights (Pic below) still waiting for a Bullhead rebuild. The gold one is a single prototype, wish I'd made the other 3 that colour! A forum makes sense, I'll check into it & if it's reasonable, I'll do it: Then we can get rollin', fun fun! Chris
Attachments
small lockers 002.jpg
hectorpics 001.jpg
p6642693.jpg

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

fergot Goldie- Oh well, I need a few more posts! Chris

EDIT: Must be too big or such, it won't come through. Hmmph!

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Woah, that black set it sick! Dang, now i wish I had contacted you years ago to get one of those sets.

I think our forum rates are pretty reasonable. Let us know if you want to try it.

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

toy, i dont know the exact specs but, a adapter that will go from the 1/4 bevel on the original rc10 rear axel to the new 12 hex on the new rims, rite now im using a hpi/traxxis adapter on hpi rims but the offset is to deep and the new b4 rims are even deeper. I know alot of members on here convert to the b2 cvd and change bearings etc etc to use the modern rims. A adapter would be a simple solution to still be able to use the original parts. Maybe one of are more tech members could give you the needed specs, and also the offset difference between the original rims and the b4 rims
thx farmer
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

Chris,
welcome to the board! Nice work! I'm one of the guys on here that races old rc10's competitively against the newer buggies. I for one (and I'm sure I speak for many of the members here) would like to see some of the parts reproduced that are hard to get that are prone to breakage.

Rear inner arm mounts would be near the top of my list

Also a precision 2.25 stealth transmission cases (there was a member that made a few prototypes, but has since said he will not be doing any more of them, I think he lost the use of the machine he was using?)

I rear bulkhead would be about third on my list.

I'm interested in Delrin parts for racing, I'd be open to aluminum pieces if they could be kept very light.

Again, Glad to have you showing interest in the community, great bunch of guys around here!

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Sure Farmer, if someone can send me a part & tell me what needs modded, I can likely do those no prob. I have a CD with most of the old AE cars instructions on it, I'll dig it up- That may answer some questions. (Found it: It's the newer cars, gotta get an older version...) Basically, since I'm 1 guy & not a committee, if someone wants to send a part or 2 along & we can brainstorm what's wanted, I could be cutting stuff within days. Remember, the chap who loans me the part gets the part back plus a free new REC unit for their trouble! Lemme go check on the Vendor thang & we can commence, sound good to everyone? Chris

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Hey hey, those Clod rims look great.

Any chance of reproducing those? Welcome as well!

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

How about a modern take on Hyperdrive's spur and pinion pulleys designed for the B4 slipper and possibly using a 3mm pitch belt from a TC?

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

PBR Allstar wrote:Chris,
Also a precision 2.25 stealth transmission cases (there was a member that made a few prototypes, but has since said he will not be doing any more of them, I think he lost the use of the machine he was using?)
toyranosaur wrote:Remember, the chap who loans me the part gets the part back plus a free new REC unit for their trouble! Lemme go check on the Vendor thang & we can commence, sound good to everyone? Chris
As PBR mentioned, this is the aluminum stealth case the guy made but then had to cease production pretty quickly. Chris I pm'd you about this when you joined the board and sent you the link.

I have one of the aluminum cases he made (just anodized purple, lol) but not sure I'll use it for my build so maybe I can sacrifice if you want to use it to build more. Let me know.

GreenHell
Approved Member

Post by GreenHell »

Welcome, cool stuff!
"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

My Gallery | My Feedback | Rapid_RC

railey72
Approved Member

Post by railey72 »

Hey Chris,

Really glad you found your way over to the board. I had a feeling you would be a good fit with all the other loose screws around here :D
I think you'll find the RC10 bunch to be just as dedicated (read crazy) about their whips as a Tamiya or other guru. The vintage RC10 is a great buggy with lots of aftermarket potential. As previously mentioned, the MIP 4wd is a dream offering of many on the board. It would be an ambitious project but totally doable. You'll also find a big demand for Tecna style wheels.

Anyway, thank you for the re-issue of the Baja kit!!! Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the beloved RC10.

Stoked,
Doug

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

railey72 wrote:I had a feeling you would be a good fit with all the other loose screws around here :D
Heeeey!!! I resemble that!
railey72 wrote: As previously mentioned, the MIP 4wd is a dream offering of many on the board. ..... You'll also find a big demand for Tecna style wheels.
Jumping up and down.... please please please please please! Wow.... the possibilities.......