whats going to happen to our hobby??

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

badhoopty
Approved Member

Re: whats going to happen to our hobby??

Post by badhoopty »

re, dude what the heck is wrong with you? any respectable person would realize he's offended a good deal of people here and adjust his behavior accordingly. maybe go as far as take it on the chin and just let it go... do you just not understand the basic rules of getting along or making friends? or do you just not care and enjoy being a complete, constantly challenging wiseguy? you do it to yourself, its not at all like we're all just picking on the newbie, although after seeing post after post of what you do its hard not to want to start.

in case you are completely ignorant to your method, you make a very bold initial statement, and when somebody disputes it you escalate it in a manner to where it becomes inflammatory. then you blame everybody else for attacking you, while you pull passive aggressive stunts like signatures where you misquoted members you got in a tussle with. we've been as fair and as cool as possible.

this is not rc10debate.com. we have had great discussions and threads and up to now everybody has managed to get along pretty well.
you are not allowed anything on this board. you apply for membership, and we approve you. if any of the mods or admin dont like you, we can ban you. i think the majority of our members wouldnt really be all that bummed to see you go.

try not to get all butthurt about it.

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

this site was a nice fun place to go to until March 19,2009
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

mel_russ615

Post by mel_russ615 »

wow i've never posted here before. i was told this was a cool board to join, now i'm reconsidering it.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

I've got to be honest something weird has been going on here lately and it's making me feel a little uncomfortable, I don't think it can be attributed to just one or two members or one or two threads. The overall feeling in the "RC10Talk community" seems to have changed, there's a hole heap of flaming going on all over the forum and for me it's spoiling the place big time :(

Too many times I start to read threads with interest and as I go through them they turn from discussion to battle and it switches me off :| Guilty or not can we all please make an effort to defend a point of view without attacking someone else's, I know it's not easy, for sure there won't be many of you hotter headed than me but if I want a bust up I go to TamiyaClub :wink: they're much easier targets over there anyway :lol:

We are in real danger of spoiling what's good about this place and if it takes a culling of undesirables and offenders (whom ever they maybe) bring it on soon, the message will soon get around that this place welcomes those with opinions and consideration for others in equal measure.

Admin I'm sorry but you must lead by example for your actions and attitudes will be amplified ten fold within the other members of this community :wink:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

Synergy wrote:I've got to be honest something weird has been going on here lately and it's making me feel a little uncomfortable, I don't think it can be attributed to just one or two members or one or two threads. The overall feeling in the "RC10Talk community" seems to have changed, there's a hole heap of flaming going on all over the forum and for me it's spoiling the place big time :(

Too many times I start to read threads with interest and as I go through them they turn from discussion to battle and it switches me off :| Guilty or not can we all please make an effort to defend a point of view without attacking someone else's, I know it's not easy, for sure there won't be many of you hotter headed than me but if I want a bust up I go to TamiyaClub :wink: they're much easier targets over there anyway :lol:

We are in real danger of spoiling what's good about this place and if it takes a culling of undesirables and offenders (whom ever they maybe) bring it on soon, the message will soon get around that this place welcomes those with opinions and consideration for others in equal measure.

Admin I'm sorry but you must lead by example for your actions and attitudes will be amplified ten fold within the other members of this community :wink:
I'd say it's a combination of things: focus on buying/selling and opinions about values, competition for finding/buying/selling rare parts etc....That's not even counting the number of "no, you're wrong you dumb new guy" posts that have been springing up the last handful of months. Sure, everyone's on a shorter leash money-wise and that can cause a lot of residual stress. HOWEVER! If you can't be a moral, pleasant, ethical human being then just stay at home, unplug the phone, leave the computer off and don't bother anyone until you're ready to act like an adult.

RER40: you've already been called out by a few of the mods here. Grow up. I could care less about how long you've been in the hobby. To be honest, it sounds like the hobby could use less of your kind. To say factually that the RC industry would be nothing without racing is like saying the Frisbee industry wouldn't be anything without Ultimate Frisbee....flat out wrong. You can have that opinion but to say it factually, well......

I'd like to see things normalize a little too, I hope we're heading in that direction.

mel_russ615: This whole mess is quite unusual around here. This is the first sort of thing to happen since I joined and I would consider it safe to say that it's not going to happen anymore. Stick around, you'll like it here :D

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

badhoopty wrote:re, dude what the heck is wrong with you? any respectable person would realize he's offended a good deal of people here and adjust his behavior accordingly. maybe go as far as take it on the chin and just let it go....
Wow, nothing like the pot calling the kettle black, one set of rules for the bosses and the rest of the clique and another set of rules for the new guys.
In a previous thread you said to me....
badhoopty wrote:but what...?

is that like saying to your wife; "I'm not looking to have sex with your sister, but..."

:roll:
And then Melvin does exactly the same thing I did and it's OK for him to do but not me. :roll:
MelvinsArmy wrote:RER40, you make a lot of good points, most of which I agree with, but you are dead wrong ..........
So you not only proved that others can state their opinions here as long as they don't disagree with your own, and that as long as you're an insider a different set of rules is applied (which I had about a dozen PMs about from other members) - but that you guys don't even have the decency to follow your own advice and rules of the road.

Since I was asked for FACT to support my premise in this topic and I'll give it to you down and dirty - I called Gil Jr. (since ya'll have said you heard of him) last night and asked him and he said, "We started Losi because of the need for superior parts and then car by racers, and we sold Losi because the hobby had turned from a racer one into a basher one, and I finally left Horizon because the company had totally lost touch with the core group whose interest we had in mind when we started the company."
I also called the owner of a preeminent MT aftermarket parts manufacturer, and he said, "Since bashers have taken over this hobby and the interest has turned away from the serious hobbyist, and racer, our business has gone from one of great success to one in the shitter. Bashers bitch and moan over the cost of every $2 item while the serious hobbyist doesn't care what it costs. We are slowly changing out product line as a result of this trend. I'm sorry to see the change, but it's the nature of today's hobbyist that isn't willing to support the hobby and whose interest is more in just running their trucks in the backyard and laughing jumping them off the roof."

I'm out and I don't really care anymore, close my account for all I care, but this site is a posterchild of what adam just said "I'm sorry but you must lead by example for your actions and attitudes will be amplified ten fold within the other members of this community."

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

RER40 wrote:
I'm out and I don't really care anymore, close my account for all I care...
:idea:
3469li.jpg
3469li.jpg (19.11 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
3469li.jpg
3469li.jpg (19.11 KiB) Viewed 1001 times

RER40
Approved Member

Post by RER40 »

templeofspeed wrote: :idea:
here ya go

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

mel_russ615 wrote:wow i've never posted here before. i was told this was a cool board to join, now i'm reconsidering it.
i have to ask........ how much have you looked around on hear before you came to that conclusion?

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

scr8p wrote:
mel_russ615 wrote:wow i've never posted here before. i was told this was a cool board to join, now i'm reconsidering it.
i have to ask........ how much have you looked around on hear before you came to that conclusion?
If he's only looked at this thread (since it's one of the first ones in one of the first sub-forums it's possible) I wouldn't blame him. First impressions of what amounts to a difference in opinions, name calling, and adults not acting the part would turn me off at first blush as well.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

RER40, your poor attitude has gone on too long. Many people including moderators have asked you to tone it down. We moderators have recieved many complaints about you. I have banned you for seven days. Please use this time to reflect on what you did to come to this point. After a week if you feel you can come back and get along with everyone then your welcome to come on back. if not, then just go away quietly.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

adam lancia wrote:
scr8p wrote:
If he's only looked at this thread (since it's one of the first ones in one of the first sub-forums it's possible) I wouldn't blame him. First impressions of what amounts to a difference in opinions, name calling, and adults not acting the part would turn me off at first blush as well.
well he's been a member for 5 months now, and he decides that this is the thread to chime in on. but i understand where he's coming from. i was getting to the point of not wanting to log on here myself the past 25 days or so. the harmonious vibe of this forum has been non-existant since around that time.

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

I failed to look at his membership date...that does make it a little peculiar but that still denies the large steaming pile that's been sitting in the middle of the room the last little while......

Agreed on your last sentence :(

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

adam lancia wrote:I failed to look at his membership date...that does make it a little peculiar but that still denies the large steaming pile that's been sitting in the middle of the room the last little while......
Spell it out Adam, we're listening and always open to suggestions.