What are your Other Hobbies/Collections??

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Re: What are your Other Hobbies/Collections??

Post by Toasted Coastie »

Cigars & Beer. I'm a friggen nut for them.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

metallicats33 wrote:Ahh the Battery powered Odyssey, I Don't have that one. It never interested me too much.

:D I do have the Odyssey2 though:
[youtube]jt03USqrEqY[/youtube]
Do you have a Vectrex? A year or two ago I got a hair up my butt that I wanted one. I never ended up finding one in good enough condition for what I was willing to pay. That was probably for the best because in reality how much would I really play with the thing?

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Lowgear wrote:Do you have a Vectrex? A year or two ago I got a hair up my butt that I wanted one. I never ended up finding one in good enough condition for what I was willing to pay. That was probably for the best because in reality how much would I really play with the thing?
Hey, I'd be willing to buy a Commodore64 for a single game. The game was Lode Runner, and while basic, it was challenging AND you could design your own levels. I've got Lode Runner 3D on my Nintendo 64 and while it has eaten up a fair share of my time, it's not as much fun as the original.

Speaking of buying a console for a single game... LOL I also have an SNES for Ghouls and Ghosts, and you guessed it, I liked the original better. I'd love to find a good emulated version of these games so that I could play them on my computer instead of having all these consoles that never get touched.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Castle Wolfenstein on the Apple ][e occupied many hours of my life in middle school. :wink:
I had an Apple ][c at home, but before that I wrote code on my Timex Sinclair 1000, with the optional 16k memory expansion. Raw horsepower!! :lol:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

civilguy wrote:before that I wrote code on my Timex Sinclair 1000, with the optional 16k memory expansion. Raw horsepower!! :lol:
Funny how we've got more computing power and storage in a measly little old thumb drive these days than the early computers did.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

:shock: It's unimaginable actually.
A 256MB thumb drive (less than $10 in a bucket at the checkout) holds 16,000 times more information than my $50 expansion pack could compute... and I had to save my data on a cassette tape! A nice 8GB thumb drive has about 1/2 MILLION times the capacity.
When I was tasked to buy a new computer for work (about 1992), we agonized over the $120 extra cost to go from a 20MB hard drive to a 40MB one. I mean, who would ever fill 20MB in a liftetime? :lol:

Consider this thread completely offtopic. :oops:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

civilguy wrote:and I had to save my data on a cassette tape!

Yeah, I remember the days of the tape drives. I'd spend all afternoon writing code only to have it either not save or not be able to retrieve it off the frigg'n tape! I don't miss the good ol' days! LOL

We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic ... :mrgreen: :lol:

Group B
Approved Member

Post by Group B »

flipwils11 wrote:I'm into older BMW's and DIY on them. The white car in the foreground is my 1980 M535i that I've owned for 7 years. They made 1400 and there are less than 20 in the US. The other car is our 1987 325is that we got for use at high performance driving events. Both cars are manual trans, as is my daily driver (a 2003 BMW 540i).

Nice e12!

Those are very rare indeed...
Associated: RC10T - "Baller Truck" ~ Red Bull SC10 - "Sucker Free" ~ RC10T - "Teh Shelfer"
lowrydesign celebrates the entire Tecnacraft wheel collection
I celebrate Worlds Chassis and Steering Enhancement Kits

metallicats33
Approved Member

Post by metallicats33 »

Lowgear wrote: Do you have a Vectrex? A year or two ago I got a hair up my butt that I wanted one. I never ended up finding one in good enough condition for what I was willing to pay. That was probably for the best because in reality how much would I really play with the thing?
I never got the Vectrex, There was a shop near me a while back that had one with 6 or 7 games for $100. I always went in there thinking I would buy it but ending up leaving with other stuff :roll: I think the shop closed down though...
Halgar wrote:Hey, I'd be willing to buy a Commodore64 for a single game. The game was Lode Runner
Hey, I just picked up a C64 last month at a yard sale with only 1 game... Lode Runner :lol:
No power supply though :(

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Halgar wrote:
Lowgear wrote:Do you have a Vectrex? A year or two ago I got a hair up my butt that I wanted one. I never ended up finding one in good enough condition for what I was willing to pay. That was probably for the best because in reality how much would I really play with the thing?
Hey, I'd be willing to buy a Commodore64 for a single game. The game was Lode Runner, and while basic, it was challenging AND you could design your own levels. I've got Lode Runner 3D on my Nintendo 64 and while it has eaten up a fair share of my time, it's not as much fun as the original.

Speaking of buying a console for a single game... LOL I also have an SNES for Ghouls and Ghosts, and you guessed it, I liked the original better. I'd love to find a good emulated version of these games so that I could play them on my computer instead of having all these consoles that never get touched.
Now that you bring it up I remember us talking about this on ClodTalk some time ago. Mainly in the thread Budhatrain started when he bought that monster truck arcade machine. 8)
civilguy wrote::shock: It's unimaginable actually.
A 256MB thumb drive (less than $10 in a bucket at the checkout) holds 16,000 times more information than my $50 expansion pack could compute... and I had to save my data on a cassette tape! A nice 8GB thumb drive has about 1/2 MILLION times the capacity.
When I was tasked to buy a new computer for work (about 1992), we agonized over the $120 extra cost to go from a 20MB hard drive to a 40MB one. I mean, who would ever fill 20MB in a liftetime? :lol:

The advancement of technology is really mind blowing but its all relative. Twenty years from now we'll be looking back at today and saying the same types of things. :)
metallicats33 wrote:
Lowgear wrote: Do you have a Vectrex? A year or two ago I got a hair up my butt that I wanted one. I never ended up finding one in good enough condition for what I was willing to pay. That was probably for the best because in reality how much would I really play with the thing?
I never got the Vectrex, There was a shop near me a while back that had one with 6 or 7 games for $100. I always went in there thinking I would buy it but ending up leaving with other stuff :roll: I think the shop closed down though...
Halgar wrote:Hey, I'd be willing to buy a Commodore64 for a single game. The game was Lode Runner
Hey, I just picked up a C64 last month at a yard sale with only 1 game... Lode Runner :lol:
No power supply though :(
I still would like to get one sometime down the road. I like old computer and gaming equipment where everything was integrated into one unit. Also for the longest time I was in the market for a Commodore PET or a Tandy TRS-80. I wanted to put modern internals inside of them. So basically I would have a new computer in a retro case. Upon doing a bit of googling I found that it had already been done a number of times. That kind of broke my spirit with the project as I thought I was the first to come up with the idea using either of those machines. Plus the fact that the examples I found were a lot nicer than anything I could do didn't help. :P

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I had a MAC classic when I went to Drexel. all integrated black and white screen, 40Meg Hard drive. Not much good for anything anymore, but I wanted to strip out the guts and make a fish tank out of it. :mrgreen:

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Post by tamiyadan »

tamiyadan
Approved Member

Post by tamiyadan »

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

tamiyadan wrote:
Toasted Coastie wrote:Cigars & Beer. I'm a friggen nut for them.

Oh please tell me you listen to 'Cigar Dave' on Saturdays like me :D 'The general' Long ashes to you!
Unfortunately, no, no time. However, there are a few forums that I am a member of under the same handle...

USA-1
Approved Member

Post by USA-1 »

Sportbikes 3, 1 ZZR1200, 2, ZX11's
Jeep Comanche 87 original owner mint. 86k
7 Helicopters. Doh!

Another blast from the past. :mrgreen:
Kalt Enforcer ZX w/Thunder Tiger 34, My favorite 30 size
Ron Paris .21 tuned pipe. :mrgreen:
Anybody else here fly Helo's?
Oh, And some guns Prebanned R.A.W.