Scr8p's shop

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

treehugger
Approved Member

Re: Scr8p's shop

Post by treehugger »

saw this and thought of well bubble gum

and that is a classy vw
Attachments
247433.jpg
artwork_images_545_150079_Erwin+Wurm1208708502.jpg

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the gold 442 we got done building last month or so is now on the 2010 hot rod power tour. the owner left last week, driving the car out to iowa speedway, and it ends (i believe today) in alabama. i was hoping to see some good pics of it on the net during the tour, but i haven't really found any. just the ones i have attached here.

he is real good friends with the guys at mothers polishes, so he's always with those guys at big shows, and they all drive together on the power tour. one of the guys from mothers is riding shotgun in the 442 taking pics out of the side window. you can only see a section of the quarter panel on the 442. the elcamino in the second pic is the one from the mothers power ball commercial with chip foose.
2010 power tour 2.jpg
2010 power tour 3.jpg
apparently, the new clutch we put on the fan took a crap on the way into chattanooga, tenn. this is a shot of him installing a new one before heading down to alabama. if that's all that has happened to it, that's pretty good. of course, he does still have to drive it from alabama to pa. fingers crossed. :)
2010 power tour 4.jpg
hopefully i'll find more pics of it as people return home and start uploading their pics on different forums.

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

Thats why I run 2 16" elect fans on my PeeKup Trk. Jay didn't you and pops start another 442. Sweet Ride

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

well, no such luck having the fan clutch be the only issue......... :(

while traveling to the last stop in mobile, al., some lady felt the need to ass end the car. :roll: :x

her car:
IMG_7690.jpg
the 442:
IMG_7692.jpg
gotta love that old detroit iron. :wink: but it still sucks....... big time. the entire body shell on the car will need to be repainted, as well as the trunk lid. :roll:

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

Gotta Love A REAL CAR Don't Ya, rolled that Beer can up :!: :!: :shock:

Hey KEEPS YA BUSY :lol:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Boy, that sure sucks!

Since the car is a resto, I wonder if insurance will pay for a total repaint or want to just bondo and nail polish it.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

"O" No Just the "THOUGHT" makes me Sick :!:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Halgar wrote:Since the car is a resto, I wonder if insurance will pay for a total repaint or want to just bondo and nail polish it.
well, the whole car won't have to be painted. he's supposed to be back...... middle of next week, so we'll be able to get a look at it. in that pic, it doesn't look all that bad. but that just a pic, it could be worse.

the way it looks, we can repair just that area. then when i paint it, i'll just blend the color towards the front of the quarter panel, and across the trunk so there no color difference. but there's no seams or moldings to break the clear off. so, i'll have to spray the left quarter panel and rocker, up and over the roof, and down the right quarter panel and rocker. not to mention all of the jambs (door, trunk). then sand and polish all of it again. that's the parts that REALLY sucks. :roll:

another thing that sucks, we already have 2 more cars of his in the garage. there's not enough room for another one, and i'm sure he's gonna want it done right away (i would too, to be honest). but he also wants us to try and have his 68 hurst olds done for a show in michigan in november. for that to happen, we pretty much have to stop on the other 68 442 we're doing now, and focus on the hurst. having to fix the gold one is gonna screw things up..............

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Hey, beggars can't be choosers. He needs to pick one car he wants and that's the one he'll have by the due date. If the damage is only some scratched paint and a couple little dings, I'd tell him to sit on it until you get the next car finished, then worry about it.

Or, you could hand him the spray gun and a box of sand paper and let him have at it. :lol: :mrgreen:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i know old cars are tough. but being in the collision industry as long as i have, i can see by looking at the front of that ladies suv, the pic of the olds isn't showing everything. i'm expecting alot more damage, but i'm praying there isn't.

it's just upseting to see it, you know? you put so much time and effort (almost a year) into making something perfect, and it gets wrecked within 2 months of finishing it.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

She's a real cunned stunt! :roll: Probably busy texting or talking on the phone, or eating some fried chicken! :lol: Sorry for you scr8p! :(

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

scr8p wrote:i know old cars are tough. but being in the collision industry as long as i have, i can see by looking at the front of that ladies suv, the pic of the olds isn't showing everything. i'm expecting alot more damage, but i'm praying there isn't.

it's just upseting to see it, you know? you put so much time and effort (almost a year) into making something perfect, and it gets wrecked within 2 months of finishing it.
Yeah, the front of that truck taco'd pretty good, there's probably some dings in the trunk lid, probably bent bumper/mounts.

I hear ya on having something perfect get fubar'd before it's even out the door. I had a commercial client that would call me every other month for some sort of major reno work and it ticked me off pretty good the first time or two I had to tear apart my work because of their ineptitude. Then I got to thinking, I was making money every time I went there, so what do I care? Well, the money helped to ease the pain of destruction, I still didn't like destroying my hard work.

slotcarrod wrote:She's a real cunned stunt! :roll: Probably busy texting or talking on the phone, or eating some fried chicken! :lol: Sorry for you scr8p! :(
My money is on the fried chicken. :wink: :lol:

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

Fried Chicken :!: :!: :!: Jeeze don't let HALGAR read this,he'll think its one of HIS :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Scrappy Da devil made me HIJACK for a min.......

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

well, the owner's back home, and stopped up at my dad's house yesterday to show us the car. thankfully, the damage isn't all that bad........ nothing that the above pic didn't already show. still sucks we have to fix it, though.

the guy from mothers polishes that was riding with him took a 17 second video of the lady going off shortly after the accident and e-mailed it to me. it's funny as hell. if i can figure out how to post it i will.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

scr8p wrote:the guy from mothers polishes that was riding with him took a 17 second video of the lady going off shortly after the accident and e-mailed it to me. it's funny as hell. if i can figure out how to post it i will.
Hey, it wasn't her fault he stopped in front of her while she was chowing down on that bucket of the Colonel's finest! :mrgreen: