It's Official.........

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mrlexan
Approved Member

It's Official.........

Post by mrlexan »

Well, it seems to be official. We are moving to the warmer climate of Huntsville, Alabama. Looks like I am officially leaving the Michigan area on March 14. I am going to have to put all my RC junk on hold for at least three months, until I figure out the roof over my head thing. I am planning on taking a HUGE box of Tamiya parts to keep me busy on Ebay.... heck I am going to be living in a hotel for 3 months by myself, I AM GONNA BE REAL board and got to do something. I'll be around as I will always have access to the net. But if anyone is looking for trades, it will have to wait until I get settled assuming I don't loose anything in the move. Man, I am not looking forward to it, there is a ton of junk.

Woobie/Scott, wish we could have gotten the chance to do the All Hot Trick shoot. Sorry that I didn't get to focus on getting all my HTs together. Good luck later this Spring with what you mentioned...... I have not sent your package out yet, but it will go out this week.

Steve, I still would like to get a brain dump on your project capabilities.

Jason/Scr8p - 5 months longer and we could have met up at Woodward. You'll enjoy it, There is a heck of alot of people there. Hope you have an automatic (no heavy clutches) and a good fan/cooling system. I drove my 65 Mustang there once and the clutch was like pushing the leg press at the gym all day, but she ran cool..........BTW, Your package should be there any day.

Jason/Hoopty - I am still gonna make a trip (well at least want to) through Chicagoland sometime in the future.... just not sure when. Would love to stop by when I do.

Apex - Same as the above.

Noony - You are close to, wish we could have gotten together or at least had an all Midwest gathering with everybody above. Would have been cool.

Anyone in the forum in Alabama? Huntsville seemed to be a bit light on the LHS scene when I was there in Dec. :cry:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

well, i hope everything goes smooth for ya. good luck. :)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

QUICK! you gotta trade me something for that worlds graphite chassis... :wink:

just lemme know when yer coming through town.

good luck with the move jay.

FlyinGN
Approved Member

Post by FlyinGN »

good luck with the move.. Is it a career change???

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Good luck bro. Don't forget to pack your R/C items with care!

Sharkman
Approved Member

Post by Sharkman »

Jay,Hoping all goes safe and smooth. :arrow:
Dan

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Thanks guys. I hope that I am making the right decision..... being 34 and starting over is not the most ideal situation, not to mention the housing market in the Detroit area is not the best. Looks like I am going to barely break even.

Not really a career change, just a job change. Still in the Engineering/Program Management field. The wife and I wanted a less densely populated area, slower pace of life, better quality surrounding environment.... and not to mention the money is right.

No one here is from that area? Damn, there are a bunch of us in the Midwest.... looks like I will be the only one in Alabama, at least for now.

Hoopty, I can do the other decals, don't let the move influence that. Send me that sheet.

Northy
Approved Member

Post by Northy »

Good luck Jay.

Did you get round to looking at the McMaster stuff? If not don't worry about it.

Cheers,

G

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Not yet. Sorry, but I will, as I need to order myself a bearing that they have. I just have not gotten around to measuring that bearing and finding it in their catalog...... I will.

Northy
Approved Member

Post by Northy »

No problem Jay.

G

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

You will love the South, especially when you talk to your friends back in Mich and they tell you it is 10 degrees there and you tell them it is 60 degrees in Ala.

I transplanted from WV to the South Eastern NC beaches and don't miss the snow for nothing.

Good Luck.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I grew up in Florida as did my wife.... spent the first 25 years of my life down there and each of our families are still there. We actually don't mind the snow... just the temps when it is below 32 F, the past few weeks have really been the worst, temp-wise, in my 10 years in Michigan. What we really mind these days is the financial climate, the population density, pollution (we are pretty health conscious), etc. However, I WILL miss Lake Michigan, I LOVE it over there.... the only issue there is the temp of lake is bearable about two or three months out of the year. It will be a change.... a change to the way things used to be.

Thanks!

Jay

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

Oh, so you are no stranger to the south. What part of Alabama are you moving to? I always wanted to go deer hunting there. Hunting around here in the swamps kinda sux. Plus it is like 72 degrees on opening day :D

noony
Approved Member

Post by noony »

Sorry to see your leaving the big Mitten Jay. I Hope all gos well! You never know when the germans sell us off i also may move south :wink:

scollins
Approved Member

Jay, I wish you and the Mrs. the very best

Post by scollins »

Jay,

I am both happy for you and sad to see you leave at the same time. I really regret not getting to know you better over the last couple years since I only lived about an hour away from you. I should have made more of an effort!

Anyway, I really can appreciate the reasons why you are deciding to leave Michigan. my wife Jen and I have had the same conversations. I work in the auto industry as you do (but design rather than Engineering)so this economy is going to take a while to recover. Last October we went on a road trip to Yellowstone park and fell in love with the west during our drive. So, we are thinking about looking into a move within the next few years but not right now.

If you need anything at all do not hesitate to ask, and although I am collaborating with another guy from TamiyaClub on some future projects for this year, I would certainly welcome working with you on some too.

Best of luck my friend...BTW, you wanna sell that Sand Scorcher back to me?? lol 8) scollins
When in doubt, throttle out ...... scollins