gasser thread :)

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

87fierogt
Approved Member

gasser thread :)

Post by 87fierogt »

i wanted to start this because im one of the only 18 y/o's who prefers a straight axle,fenderwell headers,and a 6-71 blower vs an import with a turbo(nothing against this id own one but i like the 60s style cars).
when i switch from my school computer to my home one ill post the stack of pictures i have in here. anyone have any cool pictures of gasser style 50s/60s cars and even some early 70s muscle with a straight axle(and primer ;)?
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

rctenracer
Approved Member

Re: gasser thread :)

Post by rctenracer »

I will have go dig threw some pics at my moms . I had a boat load of pics from detroit drag way back in the 70's. Grumpy Jenkins was my favorite . I use to buy parts for a 70 duster that I had at the time from ramchargers shop on allen road in taylor michigan. Noboy could beat the old mopars . Those were the days . " saturday saturday at detroit drag way " always payed on WRIF (the rif) when I was a teen.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

awsome guys. yep mopars were/are badass my bro just finished a 68 dart gts with a 440bb with ported aluminum heads,cam,headers,900cfm,and a boat load more i know it should be good for 600+ at the wheels with his setup. it has 4.56s in an 8/34 rear,3500 stall converter,727 trans with shift kit,super stock leaf springs with a full custom front suspension from a guy in the poconose pa its tubular a-arms,tube kframe,coilovers,setup for chevy disk's its basiclly a road race front setup, weld drag lites skinnys in front wide as possible in the back(we had to cut the inner lip on the new quarter panels,m&h drag radials,all new sheet metal it has fiberglass fenders but they are getting replaced with ones from a parts car were, due to the shitty constuction of them. its flat black and looks bad a**. white and black factory gts interior. he bought a tunnel ram and hilborne hood scoop last week cheap so when we grab the parts car next week he will be installing the tunnel ram,2 600cfm holleys he had and the hilborne he wont cut the gts hood as its worth way to much so the flat hood will be cut. me and my dad were talking him into tubbing or mini tubbing it but he doesnt wanna cut the car. the car/engine/interior color and outside color/options makes this car 1 of 200 or so made so he wants to be able to return it to stock he kept the numbers matching 340 its in his shop. 4 years and 40k later his dream car is done and fast as hell but its a street car and thats what it will stay my dad brought us up around fast street cars. theres no point driving it 1/4 at a time when that much money was put out for the car. but at the same time all the car needs is a gloss coat of paint to be show car and if the 340 is installed it could be a perfect resto done all at my dads hydrolic shop
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

rctenracer wrote:I will have go dig threw some pics at my moms . I had a boat load of pics from detroit drag way back in the 70's. Grumpy Jenkins was my favorite . I use to buy parts for a 70 duster that I had at the time from ramchargers shop on allen road in taylor michigan. Noboy could beat the old mopars . Those were the days . " saturday saturday at detroit drag way " always payed on WRIF (the rif) when I was a teen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNAZ9GJa1TY