SRT manual?

The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

harry697
Approved Member

SRT manual?

Post by harry697 »

Hoping someone can help out.I need to find out what "bag J" consisted of in the SRT kit.I'm hoping somebody has either an assembly manual or some sort of parts list that may show it. :?

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: SRT manual?

Post by klavy69 »

Hey harry687,
Don't have anything in the manual up to bag J. Stops at bag H which isn't really a bag but a step.
Bag A:Diff. Assy.
Bag B:Trans. Assy.
Bag C:Rear Suspension and Driveline
Bag D:Shocks Assy.
Bag E:Front-end Assy.
Bag F:Steering
Bag G:Wheels and Tires
Step H:Installing your radio system
My guess is it doesn't say anything about the body/wing/decals so they might be in that area if they were bagged. You finally getting that NIB kit out? Wonder if carbednotch ever dropped in price for his on the 'other board'. He hasn't returned any pms in the last few months. You need to show some of your SRT builds here and some of your SamHerdman Special Race Truck/parts in here :wink: .
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

Thanks Todd.I had the NIB out tonite just to gawk at it for awhile. :lol:

I noticed that there was a bag j in the bottom of the box.The bag was cut in half(both halves in the box)and I can't figure out what it could be.I went through everything and can't find anything missing.The decals are in a seperate bag with all the paperwork.None of it is opened,that's why I'm hoping someone else has the paperwork.The wing is attached to the rear section of the body,so it's not that either.This one has me stumped.I've accounted for all parts right down to the body pins and washers.

Funny you mention the custom stuff.I just found this article tonite.Looks fairly new and it's either owned by Slayden or a Traxxas employee.This leads me to believe that Traxxas still has alot of NIP vintage stuff floating around.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_search.php?action=artikel&cat=0&id=623

When I first saw it I thought that it was my truck from last season.You see any resemblance? :wink:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj122/harry697/srt%20roller/srtroller003.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj122/harry697/srt/boxart009.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj122/harry697/srt/Srtparts001.jpg

Maybe the Traxxas guys were reading my threads last year and got the itch. :lol: :lol:

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

harry697 wrote:This leads me to believe that Traxxas still has alot of NIP vintage stuff floating around.
Funny you mention this. I've talked a few times to the techs as they looked thru 'old dusty boxes out back' and a couple of the guys mentioned the 'collections' of stuff several employees and ex-employees had. One guy told me that one of the true racers bought up all he could afford every week with his paycheck once they discontinued the srt/tcp/trx3. Said he did this for over 2 months until others had noticed and started doing the same thing. This is of course is all rumor from someone on the other end of a phone line but I'm thinking if anyone was to know that traxxas was changing course from real race machine kits to the rtr beater machines of today that it would be them knowing it first and figuring it would be the last they would see of the stuff they knew was good.
harry697 wrote:Maybe the Traxxas guys were reading my threads last year and got the itch.
Someone from there needs to see there is a demand for the vintage stuff. I know they aren't interested in catering to such a small section of the public but vintage is coming back in all aspects. They did a short re-release of the nitrohawk/nitrobuggy and the stuff went so fast no one really knew they were doing a re-release. I guess they don't learn by proof...or just aren't interested.

just a side note...you guys out there still running your SRT stuff? I knew you had made several for the local guys but was wondering if they were still running them.
Todd

harry697
Approved Member

Post by harry697 »

klavy69 wrote:
just a side note...you guys out there still running your SRT stuff? I knew you had made several for the local guys but was wondering if they were still running them.
Todd

I sold my race truck at the end of the '08 season to a member on the TRX forum.Never seen or heard anything from him since.I have another roller I picked up a few months ago that I'm getting ready to build.It's got a nice original chassis,trans,front and rear suspension,and battery boxes.Basically all the hard to find stuff.Just need a couple steering pieces and shocks.May race it here and there in 2010.I have a few ideas I wanna try and see if I can get a little more performance out of it.The biggest downfall I had racing it last year was the turning radius/front end push.Been racing the T4 for '09 and it gave me some ideas on how to improve the SRT a little. :D

So I still have a couple possible runners sitting around my garage.Paul still has his too.He stole the shocks and a few odds and ends for his Nitro Rustler,but still has everything to put the SRT back together.I'm gonna try to light a fire under him again once my next one is finished.Shouldn't be too hard. :wink: He's running a Losi MF2 now and has been doing much better.But I think he will be alot more capable of wheeling the SRT around the track now because he's got a whole other season of racing under his belt.

There is also one other guy in our group who occasionally races a Nitro Rustler,Revo,and Slash.He has some interest in getting an SRT too.How cool would it be to have three or more SRT's in a mod truck a-main in 2010? :mrgreen:

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

harry697 wrote:How cool would it be to have three or more SRT's in a mod truck a-main in 2010? :mrgreen:
if you do I hope you get video of it again. You buildin him a chassis?

Talk again soon about that trx1...
Todd

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

I have a NIP upper and lower fiberglass chassis for the SRT if you guys are interested? Part #s are 2521 (upper) and 2522 (lower).

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I should be racing my TRX1 after Christmas, I just need to buy a set of tires and get this box of parts put on the car. It should be really interesting, we have enough guys at our track that want to run a vintage class. It would be more fun than getting lapped by B4's!
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!