Just got this in the mail

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

farmer
Approved Member

Just got this in the mail

Post by farmer »

as alot of you shared my experience at the RCX expo ,when i was there i talked to Cliff Lett and wanted him to sign my gold pan but the place was closing so he said bring it on sunday and leave it at the booth and they would have him sign it back at the office,just got it in the mail check it out :)
thx farmer
Attachments
003.JPG
002.JPG
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

GoMachV

Re: Just got this in the mail

Post by GoMachV »

That is awesome! Kudos to team associated
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I think it's cool that Cliff Lett tried to draw the AE symbol even if it's terrible. 8) Although I'm sure the tub was not easy to work around with a Sharpie.

It reminds me of a comedian talking about the declaration of independence. Something like this, but much funnier when you hear the guy telling it:

"Yeah everyone talks about John Hancock's signature on the declaration of independence. What they don't tell you is that everyone else got together and said 'Let's all sign our names really small so that John Hancock will look like an ass for the rest of history.'." :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I think it's cool that Cliff Lett tried to draw the AE symbol even if it's terrible. 8) Although I'm sure the tub was not easy to work around with a Sharpie.

It reminds me of a comedian talking about the declaration of independence. Something like this, but much funnier when you hear the guy telling it:

"Yeah everyone talks about John Hancock's signature on the declaration of independence. What they don't tell you is that everyone else got together and said 'Let's all sign our names really small so that John Hancock will look like an ass for the rest of history.'." :lol:

i always thought that too. if you look at it carefully, it's a proper "ae". not the exact AE logo.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

My handwriting is bad enough where I've thought to myself how horrendous it would be if I had to sign autographs. :lol:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Lowgear wrote:My handwriting is bad enough where I've thought to myself how horrendous it would be if I had to sign autographs. :lol:
I have a friend who is into athlete's autograph's and collectibles the way we're into r/c cars x10! :shock: The only thing more ridiculous than his collection are the autographs. I seriously think some of those guys can't write their own names so they just make the same squiggle everytime. He frequently drives 10 hours for just one item to be signed. :shock: I personally don't get the whole autograph thing, but then again there are lots of things I'm into that other people just don't get. Namely, my wife in bed...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

i was into that too for a while. these guys have their own signatures so no one else could copy them. there are A LOT of forgers out there. lots of money to be made by these crooks. these professional players signing their own style could probably tell you when and where they signed the piece.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

littleVETTE wrote:i was into that too for a while. these guys have their own signatures so no one else could copy them. there are A LOT of forgers out there. lots of money to be made by these crooks. these professional players signing their own style could probably tell you when and where they signed the piece.
Meh, I dunno... to me it would be easier to copy a squiggle rather than a nice professional signature. I think it has mostly to do with hoards of people hounding you 24/7 for an autograph so you just scrawl whatever on to the item and let the professionals analyze it later. I think it's more that athletes just don't care to give autographs.

Please don't take this as a dis' on r/c autographs anyone. I'm sure that r/c legends give a lot less autographs than professional athletes so they appreciate it and take it much more seriously. :)
Ken

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: but then again there are lots of things I'm into that other people just don't get. Namely, my wife in bed...
littleVETTE wrote:i was into that too for a while
Um........ :shock:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

thanks a lot! i thought i told you that in confidence?

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

farmer wrote:as alot of you shared my experience at the RCX expo ,when i was there i talked to Cliff Lett and wanted him to sign my gold pan but the place was closing so he said bring it on sunday and leave it at the booth and they would have him sign it back at the office,just got it in the mail check it out :)
thx farmer
So is that going to be your runner/basher chassis? :wink: :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

Halgar wrote:
farmer wrote:as alot of you shared my experience at the RCX expo ,when i was there i talked to Cliff Lett and wanted him to sign my gold pan but the place was closing so he said bring it on sunday and leave it at the booth and they would have him sign it back at the office,just got it in the mail check it out :)
thx farmer
So is that going to be your runner/basher chassis? :wink: :mrgreen:
lol do you think the members here would cringe if i did
im ganna try to get some more autographs from a few people
i wonder if i could hunt masami down :wink:
littleVETTE wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I think it's cool that Cliff Lett tried to draw the AE symbol even if it's terrible. 8) Although I'm sure the tub was not easy to work around with a Sharpie.

ya Letts AE symble and 12 kinda got some ruff edges but hey i think its cool,you should have seen Gene signing it
thx farmer

i always thought that too. if you look at it carefully, it's a proper "ae". not the exact AE logo.

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

littleVETTE wrote:

ya the AE symble and the 12 are a lil ruff,but i like it. You should have seen Gene sign it

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

you really should wash that marker off soon before it stains the ano.

:wink:

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

Be careful with solvents and RC cleaning sprays near that chassis. Some waterproof markers are alcohol based and will wash right off.