resignation

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Jayar
Approved Member

resignation

Post by Jayar »

Hello.
I joined your forum about 5 months ago.
As soon as i figured out that you solicited donations I donated.
I have gotten some info that helped me by searching a bit and I helped as many newbies as i could.
I even taught some of you oldies a few things.
But I have tried contacting members for specific help and just to make friends and to this date no one has answered my pm's.
Most of the time when someone replies to my posts it just to shut me down or express some antiquated negative opinion.
I get the feeling your all a bunch of old farts that are stuck in this little world where you have some assemblance of control so thats why most of you are so arrogant.
The final straw is that I have requested to be let in to you bst area to two administrators and didnt even get a were sorry but these old junk parts are too preciouse for the likes of you.
So please take me off your member list and i will never enter your little kingdom again. (your loss)
Good bye J.R.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: resignation

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Jayar wrote:Hello.
I joined your forum about 5 months ago..
Where you were welcomed in your first few posts :D
Jayar wrote:As soon as i figured out that you solicited donations I donated...
Thank you for keeping 10talk strong! :D
Jayar wrote:I have gotten some info that helped me by searching a bit and I helped as many newbies as i could....
:D
I even taught some of you oldies a few things.....[/quote] :D
Jayar wrote:But I have tried contacting members for specific help and just to make friends and to this date no one has answered my pm's.
I can't specifically help you on this, unless you PM'ed me, however life and hobbies do make guys forget to respond....I personally get as much as 200 PM's in a month..
Jayar wrote:Most of the time when someone replies to my posts it just to shut me down or express some antiquated negative opinion.....
I looked through your 34 posts, and didn't really see any evidence of this- you got some direct statements from members though-
Jayar wrote:I get the feeling your all a bunch of old farts that are stuck in this little world where you have some assemblance of control so thats why most of you are so arrogant.
The average age on this board....is 38. And there are very very very few arrogant members at all-
Jayar wrote:The final straw is that I have requested to be let in to you bst area to two administrators and didnt even get a were sorry but these old junk parts are too preciouse for the likes of you.
. Then you may have contacted a inavtive Admin via eBay, I can guarentee that NO moderator or Admin said anything of the sort to you at all-

Reggie-

nvxwax
Approved Member

Post by nvxwax »

Im sorry you feel that way about the forum, Im not sure if i have ever posted in any of your threads but this is a very active forum and i just have to click the mark all as read every once in a wile lol.

I would say about 95% of the members on this forum are great, now that does not mean they will not tell ya what is on there mind lol, But everybody has an opinion. Just let it roll of your back and keep on with what you like :). I will say there are a few 5% that i could do without seeing there names lol, but that just life...

The PM thing is kinda hard to call, I have sent many PM's and got nothing back, I would just move on and ask another person, I know myself i have let my PM box fill up a few times and dont see the little reminder that your inbox is full, so i will be kicking along and they just keep backing up lol

One last note on PM's, I check the forum a lot with my iphone, i dont answer pm's on it lol, you never know what the phone might think i said, i always wait till im at a PC.

I would not give up on the forum, it just takes time and patience to get in the groove.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

j/k! :mrgreen:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I checked your posts Jayar and I didn't see much of what you describe as being "shutting you down" or "negative antiquated opinions". Most of the time, people responded to your posts just as per usual. I can't comment on the PM thing but some people are just too busy to respond in a timely manner.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

Jayar wrote:.So please take me off your member list and i will never enter your little kingdom again. (your loss)
You should stick around, don't get upset because no ones there to comment at all of your post or reply to your PMs. If you really looked at this site you would see that everyone is pretty busy with awesome projects. Grow up.

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Oh good god what is this grade 9 all over again. :roll:
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

GAMMACRUSH
Approved Member

Post by GAMMACRUSH »

Stick around and enjoy your hobby. PM me I'll be glad to chat with you about rc cars, real cars, fishing, music, food, anything.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

damn, i thought obama was throwing in the towel early. :x

so how long have you been waiting for bst access? please tell me it's been longer than a week to be that bent out of shape about it.

to be honest, you could be the victim of your own generosity. i can only remember one other member that donated to the board before they had bst access. normally, when we approve someone for the bst, their screen name in orange. it'll change to green once approved. well, since your screen name is already blue because of donating, it could've just been oops on the admins part. when they went to approve you they saw a color other than orange and figured another admin already took care of it.

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

Jayar wrote:Hello.
I joined your forum about 5 months ago.
As soon as i figured out that you solicited donations I donated.
I have gotten some info that helped me by searching a bit and I helped as many newbies as i could.
I even taught some of you oldies a few things.
But I have tried contacting members for specific help and just to make friends and to this date no one has answered my pm's.
Most of the time when someone replies to my posts it just to shut me down or express some antiquated negative opinion.
I get the feeling your all a bunch of old farts that are stuck in this little world where you have some assemblance of control so thats why most of you are so arrogant.
The final straw is that I have requested to be let in to you bst area to two administrators and didnt even get a were sorry but these old junk parts are too preciouse for the likes of you.
So please take me off your member list and i will never enter your little kingdom again. (your loss)
Good bye J.R.
wow jay at 37 post thats just a snipet!
im not saying at all that those 37 post where not worth anything at all! as a newb which i still em even at my mesley 100 something post, it takes time to adjust yourself to how the board works, i have started threads that people didnt even look twice at! did it want to make me leave the board no, it just wasnt something that was of intreast at that certain time. there are hundreds of post or threads that get posted all the time that have few are no replys that fall away to the recycle machine
its just how the board works
ive never even recall seeing your name, because if i did i would have seen that you were rite up the road from me, im in bakersfield,
there are some people on this board that do seem to come off as as how would you say arrogant, but i do belive as you get to know them they are not as you percieve, just because one has vast amounts of rc knowledge shouldnt be looked apon as
hinderance of there persana more should be looked apon as one with helpfullness.
shoot i thought i knew alot about rc cars, and when i joined here i was amazed at the library of knowledge that exsist in the threads that mass here. Sh!t where else can you go and ask what taper did the goldpan counter sink have and get a knowledgeable answer
we are all different people! with are own thoughts and opinons. What i answer on a thread may not be the same as another member
if you wanna leave thats all on you, im not! and im sure all the other members arnt ganna beg you to stay ither
its just a thread board take the info and share the info! And dont be decisive on a few, for we are strongest at all!
farmer
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

NRG
Approved Member

Post by NRG »

I run my own forum and am a member of a few forums. Each forum is different and you soon realise to relax a bit with people. Trust me running a forum is a pain at times especially trying to keep everyone happy and iron out spam constantly , also filtering out the conmen of the world etc etc.
I personally find this forum great with a wide variety of people from all over the world. Your loss if you do decide to go imo.

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

:?

I'm stumped...I couldn't find anything negative either.

Bummer, I thought this was a pretty cool forum myself.

I personally love the diversity of all the projects on here....I'm not sure why anyone would be so focused on the BST though..

Everyone's got their own opinions, and you know what they say...
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Perceptions are reality and if that's what you percieve about the people on this board then that will never change. I've looked through all my bst requests and I don't see your name. Hopefully you will stay although having a thicker skin helps.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

hmmm, was it "d nozzle" that was giving you trouble??

lmao

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

probably