what can a 6 gear handle?

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Barnfind
Approved Member

what can a 6 gear handle?

Post by Barnfind »

I was just wondering what the most amount of power someone has put through a 6 gear tranny and how it held up. How much is to much?

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Re: what can a 6 gear handle?

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Barnfind wrote:I was just wondering what the most amount of power someone has put through a 6 gear tranny and how it held up. How much is to much?
Depends a lot on the tuning ability, and the gearing. With outdrive bearings, and properly built, it will hold up better than a lot of folks will advertise. There is no slipper, so some of it comes down to what surface you are running on (how much traction there is between the wheels and ground) because some of the forces will make it it back up to the workings.

In general, I like to have the diff spring pretty far out and loose, so the opposite wheel spins freely in the reverse direction. I put in a 13.5 and it barked in some situations, but that was on a high traction clay track. Barking isn't breaking though. Just my 2 cents. If I were to be sarcastic - for the guys that complain about lousy quality for $250 though, it barely handles 17.5 brushless.
- Brian -

My Gallery