Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

User avatar
jamin
Approved Member
Posts: 1157
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am
Location: Suffolk, UK
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by jamin »

slapshot1979 wrote:Um how did I miss this? This is clearly not fair to the rest of us :roll: a NIB kinwald. sheesh.

I had major reservations on the painting of my Boxart Kinwald as at that time the bodys could be had, but not as much as now with TBG. The stickers look the same as the ones I have and found the yellow I used to match pretty good.

hey if you want to trade the Signed Ben box I have for that one LMK :lol: :lol:

Im glad its in a good home
Do you have a pic of your car? The stickers look very green to me and not even close to fluo yellow.

LOL @ the box. Funny how things come full circle, my XX rebuild started life as a Kinwald, and now I have a new one :D

User avatar
slapshot1979
Approved Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: GTA Ontario,Canada

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by slapshot1979 »

found one after muscleing thru 13 pages of photobucket.

Image
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

User avatar
slapshot1979
Approved Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: GTA Ontario,Canada

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by slapshot1979 »

I notice that the colour of yellow I used is alittle more blue/green from the stickers/wheels as I used blue windex and it gave it that hue> But I wasnt doing another one :lol: Fascolor neon yellow I think. I can look if you want.
It does come out better if you use a clearer product to dilute your paint.
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

User avatar
jamin
Approved Member
Posts: 1157
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am
Location: Suffolk, UK
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by jamin »

Definitely looks more green than yellow, but still cool. Looking at this replica actually makes me wanna get on with it, looks very cool indeed!

I don't know of any other Kinwald replicas besides yours, I know Cedric has done one, but I don't think he has done the shell yet.

User avatar
slapshot1979
Approved Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: GTA Ontario,Canada

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by slapshot1979 »

some more samples of same paint colour without the blue hue.

Image
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

User avatar
slapshot1979
Approved Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: GTA Ontario,Canada

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by slapshot1979 »

Sorry for the poser shot but its the only one I can find of my XXT KW.
If you look closely the yellow hue difference between the xxt KW and the KW. they are the same paint just with a clear reducer not the blue windex.

Image
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

User avatar
jamin
Approved Member
Posts: 1157
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am
Location: Suffolk, UK
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by jamin »

They look cool all lined up together. I need to start my XXT Kinwald replica, just need to get the XX4 out of the way.

kbillan
Approved Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 pm
Location: BUUUffalo NY

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by kbillan »

I cannot believe you opened and are going to
Build that.

User avatar
jamin
Approved Member
Posts: 1157
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am
Location: Suffolk, UK
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by jamin »

kbillan wrote:I cannot believe you opened and are going to
Build that.
See, that's weird to me - why would you want to keep it wrapped up in the box? I didn't buy it to sell on for a profit in years to come, I bought it to build and put in my display cabinet. I enjoyed removing the shrink wrap and looking at the contents, I will enjoy building the car (and sharing the build with you guys!) and reminding me of memories from nearly 20 years ago that have badly faded :lol:

If I kept it in the box, no pleasure would come from it at all...

User avatar
Coelacanth
Approved Member
Posts: 7361
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:20 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 280 times

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by Coelacanth »

kbillan wrote:I cannot believe you opened and are going to
Build that.
I can't understand people who won't open a kit and build it. It's like buying a car and never driving it. You get enjoyment and pleasure from building the kit, not from staring at the box sitting on your shelf. It's like marrying a virgin and never having sex. :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

User avatar
jamin
Approved Member
Posts: 1157
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:58 am
Location: Suffolk, UK
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by jamin »

Coelacanth wrote:
kbillan wrote:I cannot believe you opened and are going to
Build that.
I can't understand people who don't open a kit and build it. It's like buying a car and never driving it.
Each to their own I suppose - there is no I will DRIVE it though, not even push it around the room! lol!

kbillan
Approved Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 pm
Location: BUUUffalo NY

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by kbillan »

Fair enough...

i guess my reasoning is that you have found one of the more rare pieces, arguably the "last one we might see". And you have several awesome builds already. I have a kit gen 1 car and just this week sent off $200 for a built, never driven car because I could never build the kit. It's not about value...Jesus.. if I wanted value I would have saved the now 1k I have in Losi XX's lol... is about keeping the rare, rare. You could eventually find all of the parts for that car on eBay... BT in a box? Naa..not likely.

Well.. can't wait to see the deflowering...

User avatar
DHC6
Approved Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by DHC6 »

Kbillan

I see your point, and again to each thier own, but these kits were made to enjoy at the very least building them. I just saw a NIB Kinwald XX CR on evilbay (would have bought it had I not just a huge amount on a new transmitter system for my planes), so while very rare, but still out there.

I love the XX, probably my favorite Losi, it would be hard to brake the seal on a NIB, but damn it would be hard not to at the same time. For me it would also be very hard not to drive it, I have plenty of functioning shelf Queens that get driven, even my real car is a garage qeen that gets used hard, but gets treated like a grage queen.

I see what you are saying about keeping the rare, rare, in a perfect world I'd have one NIB, and one runner, that way I could enjoy the best of both ideas!

I would love to have a XX kinwald, it would go nice next to my Original XX and my XX CR. My original was bought new when it came out, and is pretty much stock and has MANY of hard miles on her, and still drives great. Never got a chance to try a XX kinwald, would be cool to try one, and own one for that matter.
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return - Leonardo da Vinci

kbillan
Approved Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 pm
Location: BUUUffalo NY

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by kbillan »

Yea, I too had one. Got it for Xmas 98' and it was ran until the XXX came out and then it was worthless. probably gave it away.. sigh..


Wish I had another.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member
Posts: 8921
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: USA
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Team Losi XX-CR Kinwald Edition NIB Sealed!

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I'm a fan of building everything as well, but I do have some SNIB kits that are duplicates of cars that are new-built in my collection already. I think building 'shares' with everyone too, both the experience and history

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Losi XX CR Kinwald NIB build
    by Lavigna » » in Losi Forum
    44 Replies
    9121 Views
    Last post by LosiXXkid
  • NIB Sealed Original 1989 JRX2 Build Thread
    by huminski » » in Losi Forum
    90 Replies
    12246 Views
    Last post by huminski
  • XX CR Kinwald Edition manual
    by mytimac » » in Losi Forum
    0 Replies
    559 Views
    Last post by mytimac
  • xx kinwald project & nib
    by GJW » » in Losi Forum
    11 Replies
    1270 Views
    Last post by RCveteran
  • XX Kinwald Edition with Trinity Goodies :0
    by urpaldan » » in Losi Forum
    47 Replies
    6981 Views
    Last post by LosiXXkid
  • XXX Kinwald Edition buggy
    by briang » » in Losi Forum
    9 Replies
    1633 Views
    Last post by DrumAnBass
  • XX Kinwald Edition fully Trinity tuned
    by kenooze » » in Losi Forum
    19 Replies
    4018 Views
    Last post by jamin
  • info body RC10 Kinwald World edition
    by rcfred » » in Temple's RC10 Tech Forum
    10 Replies
    1711 Views
    Last post by Chamberlain

Return to “Losi Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No User AvatarCommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests