WHEN THINGS HAVE HAPPENED AT THE RIGHT TIME

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

WHEN THINGS HAVE HAPPENED AT THE RIGHT TIME

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Post things that have happened deals or freebies things that you really wanted and ended up being the right place at the right time.

Today i was sitting in Waffle house eating and talking.After an hour lady walks up says she has a 2000 ish Honda Shadow 1100 vtwinn for 500.00 Im dressed bikerish so naturally she approched me,she was tall slim built nice wrack lol continued to say not been used in two years but its yours if want for 500.00 .i said sold cause i know the bike ive seen it here.So now i have three 1100s :lol: 8) DON

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: WHEN THINGS HAVE HAPPENED AT THE RIGHT TIME

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Edit :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME !!!! :lol: KEEP IT PG RATED :lol:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Edit :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Damnit Don, you can say RACK but Thumbs can't say 5 lesbians? Come on now, this censorship can't happen in Trumps America :mrgreen:

:lol:

I've never been in the right place at the right time, so I'm just here to listen :wink:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Good to see one go your way buddy. Everybody loves a deal.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

DaveM
Approved Member

Post by DaveM »

I swapped a 2 stroke blower I got for free, it needed a new coil, $15 from E-bay,

for a Gerni Classic 110.4 pressure washer.

I have been wanting a pressure washer for ages!

Repaired it in less than an hour, turned out the water was pulsating, not having continuous pressure.

Downloaded and read the manual, all I had to do was clean the nozzle on the end, it was partially blocked

with dirt.

So I ended up with a pressure washer for $15.

Sweeet!

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

GoMachV wrote:Damnit Don, you can say RACK but Thumbs can't say 5 lesbians? Come on now, this censorship can't happen in Trumps America :mrgreen:

:lol:
Don's just jealous!... So am I!.... I always knew thumbs was a lesbian! :lol:

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Dang i needed that laugh him being LESBIAN :lol:

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I brew with a few friends and over the summer picked up a larger dorm fridge for $20. It was listed as $50 but the guy still had it on the day he was moving so he messaged me & I got a deal (right time #1). Well, two weeks ago it died but luckily I only had a handful of beers left. So the search began for a replacement.
Since they should actually be stored at 40-50deg I included wine fridges in my search- plus I don't need a freezer. I found a decent one listed at $60 ($300 unit new), and jumped on it right away expecting to pay full price. The guy was very friendly and in conversation asked me what I was using it for (I had asked for inside dimensions to make sure I could get upright shelves in it). I told him what we did and his eyes lit up. He helped me carry it to the car and told me it's free because I intended to use it for a noble cause. 8)
So right time #2.
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

My best story is RC related: being able to buy the GX10 (RC10 Graphite) that Masami drove directly from his father and having it signed was something I could never have imagined when I started collecting. Should I ever sell my collection it will be the last one to leave the house 8)

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

At a garage sale I found a box of RC gear, mostly garbage Nikko/New Brite stuff, but I still paid $25 for it because of what I saw draped across the top of the box, a complete, unadulterated, rolling, vintage Hilux chassis. It had a broken steering arm, no body, and no controller. I didn't care what else was in the box, you DO NOT find a collectors item like a Hilux, in near mint shape, for $25!! :shock: And you snap it up if you do! :twisted: The only damage was the broken arm and a bent rear bumper, everything else was in perfect shape, even the tires still had the little fuzzy molding chaff on them. Went back to the garage sale the next day to see if they'd found the body, as they were selling stuff as it got pulled out of the garage. The body was gone for good, but they did find the controller, which he just gave to me.

I recently sold the Hilux for $350 and a Fox that was hiding in the bottom of that box of junk for $40. I hated to part with the Hilux, but I knew I'd never be able to run it and enjoy it, and I'm not the shelf queen kind of guy.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

As far as RC related, there are a few ebay auctions for parts that I managed to get for dirt cheap, whether the only bidder or a snipe bid at the last second. most of my RC stuff i've procured was with some kinda luck, I'm RC cheap, so i spend as little as I can. got a decent worlds car project really cheap; a basket of almost three yokomo 870c projects pretty cheap, etc.

When I was about 15, I did manage to knock a fly out of the air with a spitball. THAT was pretty cool.....and unexpected.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

OOOOOH, I just remembered a really good one!!!

My buddy took me to a NASCAR race in pocono and we parked on the infield. Now if you know anything about the infield, it's one huge party. We took my pickup truck and parked so we had a good view of one of the straights.

behind us was a group of guys with the HUGE banner of a girls chest that said 'show us your boobs'. So we are standing in the back of my truck watching the race and people watching and I turn around and see these 4 girls huddled together, like they are plotting something, while the group of guys is hootin' and hollerin'. All of a sudden, then line up, backs to those guys, and fronts to us, and they moon the guys. As they drop their shorts, and scramble to pick 'em back up, I say to my buddy 'Hey **Ken, check it out! blonde, blonde, brunette,blonde!!!". Best dark side of the moon I've ever seen. HAHAHAH

**Ken above is NOT Thumbs, although I think we would get along pretty well......

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

jwscab wrote:**Ken above is NOT Thumbs, although I think we would get along pretty well......
Of course not, if it were Thumbs, he'd have been passed out from too many brewskies and not got to enjoy the show! :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!