Hello from Northwest Missouri

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

will5879

Hello from Northwest Missouri

Post by will5879 »

Hello guys, my name is William and I have an RC addiction problem... I'm 46 years old, and have raced offroad on and off for a long time now. You would think I would be a world champion by now but it doesn't quite work that way. I've lurked around here for awhile now and enjoy seeing the creativity in this community, so I thought I might join up. At my local track I'm sure I'm known as... "that strange guy that runs a rear motor car". I have an immaculate rear motor B5 that I use to compete against a full field of B6.1's in the stock buggy class. Track is med-high grip indoor clay, fairly tight. I've always been a big fan of the rear motor B5, and have had great success racing it indoors and outside on low grip dirt. I think it's a little unfortunate it had a very brief moment of interest, then quickly forgotten, never to be mentioned again... I have newer and "better" cars at home I could use, but I guess I enjoy the novelty and challenge of running something different, and I'm kinda old school. I mean it's the last rear motor race car that will ever be produced by AE, the best driving and highly evolved over many years. I will admit, I hate the kit bodies of the B5 series with the long droopy windows and cab forward design. As far as older RC10's go, I like those too. I have an old "A" stamp gold pan I bought for $50 awhile back, spur of the moment thing. It's fairly rough and I haven't done much with it other than clean it up and get the bearings to actually move again. I wish I would have jumped on one of those '94 World's cars when I had the chance. I want to build something similar to the RPM '91 World's car. Black tub chassis with long 3d printed arms, Factory Works fiberglass towers, B6 wing mount, Kashima big bores, Turbo Mirage. Sort of a Team Car but with some modern updates, truck front, etc. A bit different look than the '94 car I guess is what I'm going for. Some of the parts seem to be hard to find and this project could get expensive I'm afraid.

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Re: Hello from Northwest Missouri

Post by NomadRacer »

Welcome to the board will5879. Your very welcome hear :D
Bum on Direct Deposit