Hello from Shreveport, Louisiana.

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rnoswal3434
Approved Member

Hello from Shreveport, Louisiana.

Post by rnoswal3434 »

My name is Russ. I am not sure when I started with RC cars but it had to be in the early to mid 90's. Way before that it was slot cars with my dad in the 60's. I have been hooked on cars of all types since then. I was glad to find this forum and thanks for reading the how to's with introductions. Like so many I read about, my car had been sitting up since 1999. They just closed the local track and it has never picked up again. A loss for kids with nothing to do in my mind. My car is a Traxxas SRT with some frame mods. Many of the old battery packs leaked when I looked into my racing pit box. I am amazed that there is still a big following of RC stuff and I can easily find online what I need to improve my car/truck? Now brushless!! I can't wait to go there soon. Anyway, thanks to the administrators for this forum and I already have read about ways to improve on what I have and how to go even further.

Russ

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Re: Hello from Shreveport, Louisiana.

Post by TokyoProf »

Welcome Russ!

From one relative new newcomer to another.

Peace,
allen
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Welcome aboard sir, great stadium truck you have, I've always had a soft spot for those trucks. Never seen one in person, but I remember my brother had the Nitro Hawk body for his Hawk 2 circa '93, which was very similar to the SRT body. And until now, I had always thought the Nitro Hawk, Blue Eagle-LS, SRT and LS-II all shared the same exact body. Well, I just did a quick search and found out that the Nitro Hawk/Blue Eagle LS body was slightly different than the SRT/LS-II body.

Post some pics of the SRT if you wouldn't mind. We love pictures of vintage stuff.
-Jerry-

rnoswal3434
Approved Member

Post by rnoswal3434 »

Thanks for the welcome guys! I still want to post a few pictures of my trucks and the one car. I just found another Losi in a box I had. Its a truck but with basically no information on it. So that is why the photos would help. I have the original box for my Traxxas SRT model 2503, with no instructions or parts breakdown. My other Traxxas has a TRX Nitro engine in it. That is the one I really want to see if I can get running. Again me posting some pictures might help identify this truck. And the HPI 4 wheel drive race car.

Any help with posting a photograph? I see the brackets but all my images are on my computer or phone. I guesss I have to find a place to put the pictures in first? Where would I find that place?

Thanks

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

To post pictures from your computer. While posting, directly below the area you type in to post there's an "Options" tab and an "Attachment" tab; click the "Attachments" tab, then click the "Add files" box and a window will open, go to wherever pictures are stored on your device, click on the picture, then click the "Open" box. The file will then attached to your post directly below whatever text you type.

After you attach a picture, you can click the "Preview" box right next to the "Submit" box to view your post before posting it. Hope this helps.
Attachments
cc.JPG
-Jerry-

rnoswal3434
Approved Member

Post by rnoswal3434 »

Ahhh, Ok, I see that button now. Thanks for that. Will try not to over do it!

Russ

Sprocket
Approved Member

Post by Sprocket »

Where was the track? I lived there for a few years and did not know it was there