PB ECO - Reliving my yuff.

The place for all things PB.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mike73
Approved Member

PB ECO - Reliving my yuff.

Post by Mike73 »

Thought I’d share a picture to the group of a Mini Mustang I had as a kid back in roughly 1989 I reckon, body was a bit different.
I bought the car as a kid secondhand from a local bloke who had bought but not gotten on to well. I stripped and rebuilt the car and enjoyed using and racing at our local model car club over at Ross On Wye. At that time I would have been 14/16 worked in a local shop which sold a lot of model cars starting with loads of Nikko expanding to sell Ripmax and Kyosho and also Mardave Marui loads of cool stuff. Was a great Saturday job building and fixing people’s cars, shop also had a small music department and Robert Plant lived locally, remember him popping in which was mad.
The PB Eco was an 'ECOnomy model, with a different body bushes instead of ballraces, think i treated mine to an ungrade! PB advertised the fact that the car could easily be upgraded to a PB Maxima with a few easy mods, see the advertisement

IMG_8307.JPG
IMG_5552.JPG

Anyway long story short, I have been looking for a long time for a nice original PB Mustang Eco, bit of reminiscing anyway seek and you shall find as they say, lucky for me a mint one eventually turned up! After some cleaning and sticker removal here it is, a little more tinkering to do possibly a new body, but quite like it the way it is, see what you guys think :mrgreen:

IMG_0134.JPG

Mike73
Approved Member

Re: PB ECO - Reliving my yuff.

Post by Mike73 »

The Eco is totally original and actually looks as though it’s never been used, maybe sat on display in a model shop.
On receiving the car I did have to remove the chequered stickers, in my opinion looks far better with those removed :D
One thing I could do with advice on is the tyres, they do have flat spots from where the car has sat. Is there anyway of bringing these back to shape, I can live with them as they are but just wondering if possible ?

84BEE6A3-EE01-41DC-A42D-017F4E1AA2D8.jpeg
6EE7CADE-ADFD-4B99-9746-B80BC43D4E37.jpeg
22F5765F-C8D1-45A4-BDF3-175740E4D16A.jpeg
Attachments
CEED439D-56D6-4156-95F8-54E908EE145C.jpeg
1DF549CF-149F-48CF-A1E7-F846E542BBE9.jpeg
25BB9041-BC12-46E0-97E0-3526FF8638C2.jpeg
65F0CF9F-1259-40DD-9B85-9D9C9D5248BA.jpeg
A777443E-1E89-466B-BA1F-AA0C825F075D.jpeg

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

The tires in the picture are Hotshot pin spikes and you can still get them new , if not then for the shelf you can pack them with foam inside to restore the shape .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Retro rc

Post by Retro rc »

Dadio wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:26 am The tires in the picture are Hotshot pin spikes and you can still get them new , if not then for the shelf you can pack them with foam inside to restore the shape .
Nah Dadio they’re dynamite racing (see the second to last pic). there are a few sets pop up from time to time on evil bay, although what’s on the buggy is probably better than what’s on eBay at the moment 😂

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284471471575?hash=item423bd22dd7:g:w~gAAOSwKY1hVhcq

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Oops ! Well pin spikes are a good fit , I use them on my Mini Mustang .
On a different note the fibre glass under chassis plate on yours is just like mine ,it's sectioned out rather that a complete plate , is that an Eco part ? Most seem to have the compete plate except of course the Maxima , I'm just trying to work out the history of my car , it may well have been an Eco as it had the plastic bushings as well .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

As has been mentioned above... use a modern sponge insert to reduce or remove the flat spot.... unless it is for the shelf, in which case, it is only flat on the bottom!!!

The Dynamite tyres were overlooked in the UK a little i think, which is surprising really considering how generally 'spiked' they all were, and how muddy our grass tracks were!!
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.