=the thumbprickler=

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

badhoopty
Approved Member

=the thumbprickler=

Post by badhoopty »

check it out, some good stuff...

i'm actually gonna run this one... :wink:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

IN-SANE. You are insane. Isn't there one more super rare ultra cool part you could squeeze on that land missle? Man, that is awesome. You my friend have a lot more guts than I do. I'd like to put a Brushless in my 10T, but it's going to be a bone stock machine. That thing is going to be a rocket ship. I hope it doesn't blast into a curb or fire hydrant. Awesome RC10. 8)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

believe me, i'll be gentle. very very gentle. :wink:

i'll get some chassis protector stuff for the bottom, and i'm only going to run it in areas where there is a very very very remote chance that anything bad could happen.

i just figured since i have all these darn buggies and havent even ran one since i was 13 i might as well make my first runner something really cool. i have a old 'active' wing coming that i got off ebay that i think i may put on it, and i still need to get a body for it and paint it and all that. so the time when i actually run it is aways off still.

i dunno about running the proline street tires on it tho, i would imagine at high speed when they balloon out the thing might get a little unstable.

its pretty darn cool to hear the 2 speed kicking in. :wink: :wink:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

:shock: now, dat nice. 8)

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

...looking through ancient threads.

Did you ever run this?
Pretty interesting rig. Has lots of things going on. Thoise HPI two speeds are fun to mess with. They suuuuuuuuck for off road, but on the street they can be fun.

FlyinGN
Approved Member

Post by FlyinGN »

wow.. veryyy nice.... what tub is that? carbon fibre?? dayyymmmm

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

just like someone driving a vintage Ferrari, people will call you crazy and I'll do the same. Yours nuts to drive that masterpiece.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

thanks!

its not carbon fiber, its a graphite tub made my an old company called fusion speed.

i only drove it once for just a few minutes. just up and down the street a couple times before it glitched a little and scared me to death.

its safe on the shelf now and the elecs are in a less 'exotic' worlds car.

i remember seeing the car on tamiyaclub long before i had it, and i was like DAMN... then the day when i pulled up ebay and it was listed with a buy it now i didnt hesitate. all i really did was clean it up, fix a couple little things, and add the 2 speed.

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

I really like that graphit tub. You've got a spare?

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

badhoopty wrote:its not carbon fiber, its a graphite tub
Hoopty, that is carbon. I have never understood why the RC industry uses terminology different from the Composites industry. An example of graphite, would be all the Composite Craft parts and chassis. Carbon (black) and Kevlar (yellowish) are the woven fabric.

Jay

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

mrlexan wrote:
badhoopty wrote:its not carbon fiber, its a graphite tub
Hoopty, that is carbon. I have never understood why the RC industry uses terminology different from the Composites industry. An example of graphite, would be all the Composite Craft parts and chassis. Carbon (black) and Kevlar (yellowish) are the woven fabric.

Jay
i dont doubt you at all knowing what you do for a living. but why would it be described on the box as graphite? they say it like 5 times on the box. if its actually carbon fiber it wont hurt my feelings a bit. sure is sexier to say imo.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I hear ya, like I said, I don't really understand why the RC industry calls it graphite. I got into a arguement with someone about this recently and just grew tired of arguing..... I look it is this way. You know that pencils are made of graphite, right? Well a pencil leaves a mark on paper... duh, it is a pencil. Well try the same thing with a piece of "carbon" and a piece of "graphite" and tell me what happens.

We do all kinds of cool stuff with carbon. Some of the bigger projects are the Viper GTS-R bodies, the Ford NHRA Funny Car molds/bodies, NASCAR noses and tails, etc.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

mrlexan wrote:You know that pencils are made of graphite, right? Well a pencil leaves a mark on paper... duh, it is a pencil. Well try the same thing with a piece of "carbon" and a piece of "graphite" and tell me what happens.
neither my fusion speed or my composite craft chassis' left marks on paper... heh.

i always just figured graphite was related to carbon fiber, just that graphite was more of a powder while carbon fiber, well is a fiber... right?

the one thing that is noticable different between the fusion speed woven chassis and the fiberlyte is that the fiberlyte has a much more shinier gelcoat looking finish. the fusions are kinda flat matte.

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

THIS is carbon fiber :!:

I have made a few RC things out of that plate...

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

badhoopty wrote:the one thing that is noticable different between the fusion speed woven chassis and the fiberlyte is that the fiberlyte has a much more shinier gelcoat looking finish. the fusions are kinda flat matte.
That is just a function of the resin and finish desired, which is ususally driven by the usage or function versus form (that age old debate).