Tecnacraft "Nice Set of Wheels" Ad

The place for digital versions of specific articles and ads.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jgproducts

Tecnacraft "Nice Set of Wheels" Ad

Post by jgproducts »

Hello all,

My name is Joe Goodwin and I use to own Tecnacraft. Went to work there in 1990 as the GM when all we had was wheels and a few ti-rod sets. Times were good thenm for racing and the hobby was really growing. My wife and I bought out the two partners in 1993 and moved it to GA and then up to SC in 1995. The hobby really changed in the mid 90's. I missed the boat on the touring cars. I thought that they would be a flash in the pan like the Tamiya cras in the late 80's. Just missed that boat all together. Sold the biz to a guy in south GA in 1998. He let it just die off. I know there is a market out there for the old stuff. I still have drawings of wheels for the RC-10 and Losi and a few more. Have been checking to see if i could bring back the name and redo some vintage stuff. And it seems that I can. So I am going to do some research and see what is most wanted or needed. If you have an idea please let me know. I have a new little business now making decals for RC cars from 1/4 scale to 1/18th scale. Our website is http://jgproducts.net if you would like to check it out.

The real reason for this is that doing some digging in the old boxes I found some slides that I took when I shot the picture for the almost famous "Nice Set of Wheels" ad in 1991. Thought you guys that remember the ad in RCCA would like to see the rest of the gal. I got her through a modeling agency in Monterey. She was 37 at the time. These slides have been packed away for 15 years. Hope you enjoy looking.

Joe Goodwin
JG Products
legs6.jpg
Attachments
legs2.jpg
legs5.jpg
legs4.jpg
legs1.jpg

murphy3428
Approved Member

Re: Tecnacraft "Nice Set of Wheels" Ad

Post by murphy3428 »

Hey Joe, all of the above! I am sure you will make alot of people hear happy with that kind of talk... I will take one of each set please :mrgreen:

blown5.0
Approved Member

Post by blown5.0 »

I remember seeing the ad with the wheels and her legs. :D
Im sure there is plenty of members here that would like to see you make a comeback.

vintage racer
Approved Member

Post by vintage racer »

Awsome man,this is great news and I wish you the best of luck.Maybe you could use these shots again when your up and running to keep with the retro appeal.

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

dedicated to te king of Rc WHEELS!!!
Attachments
000_0014.jpg
000_0012.jpg
w18.jpg
000_0001_01.jpg
000_0007.jpg
team tec 2 croped.jpg
000_0001.jpg

jgproducts

Post by jgproducts »

Very nice. That was before we started doing the anodizing of the center sections. Like the paint job.

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Thank you Joe, I have one set that I have neve seen other than mine can you give me any info on them?
Attachments
000_0002_00.jpg

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

Welcome to the site.
I always liked your rims but could never afford them as a kid.

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Hey Joe, glad to see your post on here, both Murphy and I have bought your catalogs off eBay. I would love to have a set of your wheels but unfortunately the price is beyond what I'm currently willing to pay. You start remaking them there's going to be some rumblings out in the bush but I'm sure there's a market. Hope stick around for a while we've got some guys on here who have quite the collection of Tecnacraft wheels, maybe some of the pic's will come up in this post. Good luck to you.

This is all very interesting!

tony13b
Approved Member

Post by tony13b »

Welcome to RC10Talk Joe,, PLEASE MAKE A COME BACK TOUR every body in the RC world will not only be happy but buy at lest one or two sets.
:D :D :D I'll Take one of each for starters :D :D :D

ebay-ee002801c

jgproducts

Post by jgproducts »

Who would have ever thought that little ole Tecnacraft would have such a following. We alwyas tried to make top quality items to sell. I have to say that when I had it it was the best job I ever had. Man who can fuss about going all over the US racing toy cars and selling parts. I know that by making them now I would nevr try and pass them off as originals. It would be a re-do with original drawings. Still have to see if it is even worth trying on cost. I do not have the funds to make big runs on all the ones I would like to redo. Time will tell.
I got a really cool toy for Christmas that you can take B&W and Color negatives and make 5mp digital images out of. I have tons of old product pictures that I will be posting for all to see in the next few weeks. Hope you enjoy looking.
Thanks for the nice words.
Joe Goodwin

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

tecnacraft's are cool 8)
be nice to have a set on the back burner for my rc10.

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

very cool I would be down for a set, I ordered two sets from JPS two years ago and he has the same builshit everytime I call him. they still need the tslot put in then they will be next on the machine, I cant wait to see what their makeing that takes two years so I am next :lol: :lol:
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

WOW :shock: Looks like another VIP member just logged in. Welcome aboard Joe, like already said, you probably made the most awesome looking rims ever produced for a R/C car, even if they were mostly used for display and not for racing, at least in pro races... I'm not sure if you check eBay from time to time but a set of Tecnacraft wheels always fetch top $ and you have to be lucky to grab one. I would be interested to know how much of them you ever produced, if possible... Do you still own a few sets or prototypes? Can't wait to see what you come up with, your first post is certainly one of teh best teasers here ever! Warm welcome!

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

WOW :shock: :shock: , what a post! I would imagine that you'd make just about every member on this forum a very happy person if you brought Tecnacraft back. And, if you purchased the original company's trading name and used the original designs/drawings, etc, then I don't see anyone being put off by the fact that the products would be re-re's - they would still be "original" Tecnacraft wheels...........ohhhhhh, the thought of it... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S. here's a pic of one of my sets:
IMG_2796.JPG
IMG_2796.JPG (44.16 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
IMG_2796.JPG
IMG_2796.JPG (44.16 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
Although, you should check out this thread dedicated to these fantastic wheels: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3554&hilit=tecnacraft