whats the going rate for a set of nip worlds rear wheels?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoldRush
Approved Member

whats the going rate for a set of nip worlds rear wheels?

Post by GoldRush »

was wondering what they are going for...trying to see if i could find out so i dont cut my own throat and possibly trade them for parts i need to someone doing a world resto or something. i know it says $6.00 on the package but i hear these are not exactly growing on trees.
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

Lonestar
Approved Member

Re: whats the going rate for a set of nip worlds rear wheels

Post by Lonestar »

GoldRush wrote:was wondering what they are going for...trying to see if i could find out so i dont cut my own throat and possibly trade them for parts i need to someone doing a world resto or something. i know it says $6.00 on the package but i hear these are not exactly growing on trees.
ebay them to find out ;)

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

where do you think i stole them from :lol: i stumbled on them and realized what they were...i like to barter stuff on this site cause i know they will go on a project tht needs them. :D
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Looks like $6.00 to me-

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Looks like $6.00 to me-
in 1994....if i could find a nice runner world chassis that isnt a kidney and liver i would build a worlds car :mrgreen:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

give ya $7.00 for 'em. :mrgreen:

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

yeah price on package obviously isnt what they are worth...im in the works now to get a worlds chassis now and just glue up a set of tires and use them as runners on a worlds runner build.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

GoldRush wrote:yeah price on package obviously isnt what they are worth...im in the works now to get a worlds chassis now and just glue up a set of tires and use them as runners on a worlds runner build.
What do you mean its not what they're worth? It's clearly stated on the package-

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

yeah im gonna keep them for $6 bucks...like i said im gonna use them on a runner...picked up some more "worlds" specific parts as well this morning on ebay so im just waiting on a chassis..pretty much have everything else...just gotta decide if i wanna do white parts or black parts. thanks for all the help on the value. i guess at $6.00 i should be able to find and pick up more just like them at any local hobby shop :wink:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

They are great for runner wheels, however you have different axles on your other runner wheels http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27514 which is going to be a slight issue, but you can drill them out to 3/16 and still use them 8)

What do you think that they are worth? As a seller (or potential) it's up to you right? Don't take this entirely the wrong way but your asking so you can sell them- and your asking the "crowd" to tell you so you can charge them more than you paid (I assume) so why would everyone jump up and down and tell you what they go for normally? List them at what you think- If they sell in 5-30 min you were too cheap, if they don't sell in 24-48 you are too high. Then remember it for the next time you find some hanging on the wall-

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

i have a mixture of 3/16 and 1/4....as far as charging someone to much i wouldnt dare...i just know that this market crowd is different because they know how scarse they are...my asking was mearly what someone who is looking to complete a project that needs them would pay. most likly i would have been trading for parts i need but as i looked at the parts i had laying around i realized that minus chassis and nose plate i essentially have a worlds car here in parts...would have to get body,wing and front wheels but i have more than 95% of a worlds car...im gonna shoot for the late all black look since i dont have a white worlds rear bulkhead.

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

You could also go to the wanted section and see if anyone is specifically looking for them. I don't have much and don't shop around much, but I frequent the wanted section anyway. You never know what you may have collecting dust that could be traded for something you want or need...For the most part good karma comes around when on 10talk...

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

losiXXXman wrote:You could also go to the wanted section and see if anyone is specifically looking for them. I don't have much and don't shop around much, but I frequent the wanted section anyway. You never know what you may have collecting dust that could be traded for something you want or need...For the most part good karma comes around when on 10talk...
i was thinking like $20 bucks shipped or trading but like i mentioned i actually decided that having a worlds car would be cool...i just cant justify 200-500 for one on ebay when i pretty much have one in parts...just need a chassis and nose plate.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

that's a good plan. Mine started as a basket case that slowly became like 80% NIP and re-anodized. Haven't gotten around to building it yet, it sits quietly in a brown cardboard box. :oops: