rc10 movie

The place to request any scanned items you may need.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

longboardnj
Approved Member

rc10 movie

Post by longboardnj »

didnt know where to put this but i thought it was cool
[youtube]_-kDBaLYN0s[/youtube]
[youtube]K07EX3_w6F8[/youtube]
[youtube]3sAcWHBVxbo[/youtube]

CamplinP
Approved Member

Re: rc10 movie

Post by CamplinP »

Man, I can't immagine bashing those things now. Would have been great though. The shot of the hobby store wall covered in parts gives me a fuzzy feeling.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

CamplinP wrote:Man, I can't immagine bashing those things now. Would have been great though. The shot of the hobby store wall covered in parts gives me a fuzzy feeling.
yes i agree when the kid points to the rc10 nib on the wall and the dude hands it to him NICE 8)

Paul

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

It's kinda sad....remember when Associated was an American made product?

It had that "we can do anything, us against the world" kind of vibe.

It's great to see the old R/C stuff from back in the day, but it's depressing to know they've all sold out to China-Taiwan.

Is it really so difficult to make any product in the states & turn a reasonable profit?...c'mon how much raw material and labor does it actually take to build a toy car?...I'd bet not much.

Is it greed?

I'd pay an extra few bucks to have something like this built here again.

Instead of getting a great product, we get gems like the all too fragile SC10 that's barely a year old and already going through it's 1st structural re-design...*sigh*
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Sad state we are in. I fear it is only going to get worse. An economy can't survive only on consumers.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

The track in this video is the old RCHR track in SoCal. That is were anyone who was fast raced back in the day. Allot of Reedy Race Of Champions races were held there. It was amazing to go there for a club race back in the day. It was like a magazine shoot.

bladeszx2
Approved Member

Post by bladeszx2 »

Does anyone know anything about the onroad video made by AE back in the day? It looks like they made one from the shots they show in the RC offroad video.

Ben
I am an RC Scalehead and I am proud of it!

Joe P

Post by Joe P »

Thank you for posting this. Brings back tons of memories! These were the days. Im just getting back into RC after pulling my old Jrx Pro out of storage (yes I did own a rc10 :D ). I was thinking of buying a new buggy but when I went to the hobby shop I was amazed on how different things are now after 23 years being out of it. Im not to impressed with todays
cars. My opinion is everything now is odd shaped, and not quite a buggy and not quite a truck, they are.......?? Not sure really. I wish I could turn back the clocks to 89-early 90's. It was the best for RC! Thanks again!

Lazer

Post by Lazer »

Thanks! this is great!

CCC

Post by CCC »

Awesome! There even appears to be an early stadium truck in there too. I wonder if that guy drilled all those holes in the pan for cooling purposes, or for weight?

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

anyone else wish they had tracks like in the vid now? all the tracks i went to in the last 10 years had crazy big jumps that are all about timing. to me thats not racing thats stunt driving. big jumps wear out cars and to top it off if you dont time it right you total your rc in 1 hit ..