What's for dinner?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

JK Racing wrote:I did some Pork ribs too last week :) ....damn juicy and killer good. Didnt take any before pics, but here they were before they disappeared.
Looks top notch Joey! Like you I'm a family man so I rarely get to cook anything without accounting for the tastes of others. Last night though, I had the rare opportunity to cook for just myself since the wife and kid were out. Jammed Ozzy's Bark At The Moon CD from beginning to end while I cooked up some Cajun seasoned wild Salmon and Black Eyed Peas with Jalapenos and garlic. Nothing better than cooking without compromise! :mrgreen:

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Saturday will be burgers. Not just any burger, GOOD burgers! :lol: I am not a burger fan, however, we've come up with a kick-arse seasoning mix that makes for an awesome burger.

People laugh at me when I say that I want an orgasm on a fork, that is to say, I want GOOD food that makes you want to eat it, not just something food-like to fill a hole. We've spent a great deal of time finding decent recipes and then tweaking them to make them great.

Try this brined pork chop recipe, you won't want pork chops any other way! The only mods we've made is to cut down on the brine quantity a bit and to use thin cut, fully prepared chops (no bone, no garbage, just meat ). Make a batch of Parmesan risotto and you're gonna need to put on your eat'n pants before you sit down at the table!
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Thumbers, Jalapenos make everything better :) Some chicken nachos for a quick/easy dinner. The boys loved it.

--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I'm not big on following recipes, but I saw this on line and it looked pretty cool. You smash the middle part of the bread down to form kind of a bowl, crack an egg in it and sprinkle cheese around the edges. Bake at 350 until it looks about like this. The yolk looks runny, but it's fairly solid despite it's appearance. Fun to do with the kid and very easy.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Hey Thumbs, try that recipe but replace the bread with loose hash browns. :wink:

Leave a circle in the middle of the potatoes, then crack an egg and put it there. Fry it up, then add some cheese on top.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

LTO_Dave wrote:replace the bread with loose hash browns. :wink:
I've always said "I like my hashbrowns like I like my women: loose and greasy..." :mrgreen:
Ken

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Thumbs we do something very similar here, "egg in a basket". We cut a hole in the bread after buttering it, toss it in a skillet, crack the egg in the center, then fry...the flip is fun to say the least.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

my fathers day meal to myself:

have you ever had a Cuban sandwich?

well I made a pork tenderloin stuffed with all the ingredients for a Cuban, minus the bread of course. sooooo good.

served with fingerling potatoes (boiled, then sliced in half) fried in bacon grease, with bacon and fresh herbs, outstanding.

a tall lagunita's hop stoopid and some buffalo trace bourbon.

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Grilled some Pollock for the 4th. Used butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon & lime slices.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I'm old fashioned...its Ribs for me on the 4th :)

Dont forget to do the bacon/cheddar smoked Vidalia onion...

Wife made some awesome Mac-N-Cheese 'bites', basically a butter biscuit stuffed with mac n cheese with a little more cheese on top for good measure. Ribs are 'garish' for the picture :)

Top it all off with a Red, White and Blue parfait

--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Looks good Joey! Love that Vidalia idea. 8) This is a crock pot deal. I love my crock pot! Magical things seem to happen in there and you can set it up in the morning, go about your day and enjoy a super easy delicious dinner that evening. :mrgreen: I use mine all the time and could fill pages with the results... but I promise I won't. These are skinless bone-in chicken breasts covered in marinara (any brand will do). Throw 'em in, dump the sauce and cook on low for about 6-8 hours. Take 'em out and the meat will fall apart. Throw the shredded meat back in the sauce and serve over pasta or rice with your favorite cheese. Easy and delicious.

Sorry for all the food posts, but my r/c life is mostly admiring everyone else's pics and beating the crap out of my old plastics from time to time. Please keep up the builds everybody!

Ken

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Thumbs, never apologize for posting food shots in this thread :)

So...yesterday the family and I are at the fair, with all kinds of deep fried everything (deep fried Slim Fast bars? really??), I keep a keen eye on the grills to see what they have going on....one of the corn based vendors had a vegetable kabob...so I thought, why not?

Took the left over veggies (onion, red bell pepper, zuchinni & corn) and also diced it up into the noodles, added a can of cubed tomatoes (garlic, basil and oregano flavored). Chicken marinated in lime zest & apple cider vinegar, with assorted spices :) Turned out as a great very fresh tasting dinner (squeezed the extra lime over everything just before serving). Tossed some brown and serve sourdough rolls on the bbq while everything else was cooking to top it all off.

--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

The wife made some fantastic roasted chicken, risoto-ish rice and al-dente veggies. I'm never going to lose weight this way...

--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Looks great. I roasted vegetables myself last night with some Ribeyes. Seared them in the iron skillet on the grill and then moved them to the grill top to finish. Threw the vegetables into the skillet with some butter and light seasoning. Steaks were just falling apart. Some of the best cuts I've scored in a while.

Ken

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

A year ago I found a recipe for vegan 'Chicken' Tikka Masala (http://www.ordinaryvegan.net/vegantikkamasala/), and had wanted to try it ever since. I got the recipe out again a few days ago, and the better half decided today to have a shot at it.
chicken tikka masala2.JPG
To say it was a success is an understatement..... this was AWESOME!!! Easily better than restaurant quality.... I've already had two bowls, and I'm seriously considering a third!!!

Who says vegans only eat rabbit food and are starving????

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!