I LACK MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING AND ENERGY

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: I LACK MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING AND ENERGY

Post by Charlie don't surf »

What I'm trying to get at is if you have a specific cardiac ailment, such as blockages to the arteries that perfuse your cardiac muscle, then that muscle (your heart) cannot get the blood to the rest of your body adequately, causing fatigu , shortnessof breath, trouble breathing with exercise of any kind etc. What I'm going to hear is that these things were covered with you already, so you know what to do, and what not to do to worsen your condition

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Got all that been through it all taking bunch meds long as watch my fluid intake im usually fine but last couple months it seems something musculer is going on leggs on up to the top herneated disc.Have to stop an start when walking 50 feet or more lord help me on the incline or stairs,need get handicap thingyhang on car mirror but keep forgetn when at VA.tHE MORE FLUID THE LESS I CAN BREATHE OR WALK AND PAIN WAY WORSE.pLUS HAFT GET MY AIC lower also before they will do anything as far as surgery.Hell i quit smoking after 35 yrs.DON

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Since you mentioned HA1c, you probably already know the only thing that keeps that in check is diet and proper BG management through whatever you have been prescribed by your HCP. The other symptoms you are describing, and the manifestations with exercises and additional fluids fit a particular medical diagnoses to me, but my question is do you understand what is happening, why it is happening and how? Don't take this as an offensive statemen , these are things that should have been covered over and over again before discharge. You need to know this information

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

I have 12 stents around my heart more blockages they cant get to lots of hearT muscle damage.Disabetic crap in my feet and shinS discolorations barely move toes but painful.When walk it makes hip hurt then limp then left hip hurts then back then cant walk.tHEY DONT TELL YOU NOTHN I CAN UNDERSTAND.Heck they over blood pressure medicated me both DUKE and VA way too many doctors tryn handle everything.When should only be one medicating,so why dont they get together and decide and one prescribe.DON

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Most times the doctor just says, here take this pill and send you on your way. Most doctors aren't thorough enough in my opinion, unless you have a regular doctor.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

All VA doctors are actually DUKE HOSPITAL doctors.You go in for appointment you lucky if get 15 minutes with them,they renew your meds then walkout on you.They do very little..DON

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

I'd encourage you to ask questions to any member of the health care team. Your ICU nurses are incredibly knowledgeable, and patient education is a primary function. You do have to speak up when you don't understand something though.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

i do but terminology haft speak plain english to me i aint no brain surgen or a dumbass :lol:

Fred19K
Approved Member

Post by Fred19K »

Set goals for yourself and find some minimally strenuous exercise that you can do a little of each day and keep doing it each day. I am not a healthcare professional, but IMO doing stuff in water will help you. Wade around a pool or lake everyday; water takes the stress off your body while letting you enjoy full freedom of motion.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Problem is anything other than walking i fall out and get a week or two in DUKE an VA.i CAN LITTERALLY DO NOTHN,taken a shower i bout fall out dryn off an getn back to the bed ten ft away.They dont want me doing nothn.Im eatn salads and fruit but feel the same lousy way.DON

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Man I really feel bad for you because I almost know what your going through. The only thing I can say is I'm not a doctor but try to be as active as you can. Try to be positive. I'm a bit of a negative person, its one of my many flaws so I'm not a great example. I've had injuries from car accidents/bike accidents and being injured stuck in a house taking pain meds can really take a toll on your mental state. Just do your best to be positive ,find videos/music on youtube that make you happy. Maybe you can look into a cheaper and easier hobby then rc cars for now. My slacker/easy hobby is collecting old toys. This site has a lot of great people that helped me through some rough times from injuries stuck in the house , unemployment , depression, to the loss of my father. Big thanks to this site/people on the site for making me feel better

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Im doing a bit better now,im having to be tighter on amount of fluids i drink.Three nites ago my chest hurtn so bad til bunch fluid pills got fluid off an chest was still hurtn but stopped by 4am.That was painful crap to deal with so long.But better yesterday an today.

I actually picked up a spare parts bike to fix my motorcycle its a Honda Shadow VTWINN vt1100c for $300 so hopefully one evening when its cool enuff start tearing parts bike apart .Mainly after carbs and smaller parts an aftermarket exhaust.TRY PUTTING A 800 POUND BIKE WITH NO WHEELS INTO BACK OF MINI VAN LOL. W ith no middle seats and fold down rear seat fits perfect.Looked like the bike was into bondage after tying it into place never moved but did start squeking a bit on the long country roads for 3 hours.DON 8)

yellowdatsun
Approved Member

Post by yellowdatsun »

I'm late to the party here, but have you talked to anyone about possible depression, and your pain? I know firsthand what both are like. I had back pain so bad it would literally make me cry, but it's mostly under control now. The depression, not so much.

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

THUNDERSTRIKE1 wrote:i do but terminology haft speak plain english to me i aint no brain surgen or a dumbass :lol:
Just say you don't understand the terminology. Usually they'll take the time to explain. Maybe they know of a resource (book, website) that can help you understand - the medical community has to deal with explaining things to non-experts daily, after all.

Regarding the depression, I would have suggested outdoors sports, but since your heart condition and the pain play a big part in the depressive situation in the first place it really is essential to talk about that with your doctors first. Although speaking from experience (with the depression part, not the rest) I find that making good use of those moments where I feel less depressed is essential, even though I sometimes have to force myself to get going.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

im outta town going to Cardiologist at VA morrow afternoon so hopefully get some answers soon.DON