vintage trans am race?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

g13092
Approved Member

vintage trans am race?

Post by g13092 »

Doug,

Please update us on the vintage race this past Saturday, if you get a chance!
Mark D.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Re: vintage trans am race?

Post by Eau Rouge »

As soon as I can scan them, I'll post my Xrays from last night. LOL. I broke my right foot marshalling in traffic. :x

We had about 65 cars in total for the first major event. It went really smoothly, all things considered. Feedback has been fantastic, everyone had a great time. There will be full coverage of the event in RCDriver in a couple of months, too. I would expect a few very cool and very professional videos to surface soon, too. ;)

The 20-car 50 lap super main was chaos, too. Stoopid fun for everyone involved.

There is a quick write-up and a few early photos on the T/A Nationals thread on RCtech.net. :D

Hopefully I won't need surgery on my foot, but there is a chance. See how much I GIVE back to the hobby? LOL. I did, however, find a brand new usage for battery strapping tape. :lol:

g13092
Approved Member

Post by g13092 »

Bummer on the foot! You know you're gonna have to explain a bit more about that. These are LITTLE CARS! You're not supposed to break a foot when one runs your foot over! :mrgreen:

It looks like it was a darn good time! I wish I could have made it. Da kids soccer got rained out afterall...
Mark D.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

I was marshalling and jumped into the infield to grab a stuck car, and hit a board square on the top. I rolled my foot over and heard a pop, and couldn't put weight on it. I thought i sprained my ankle, but after I took off my shoe, I had 2 golfball sized knots on the top outside of my arch. It wasn't pretty. We all went, "eeew" when I took off my sock. I wound up using battery strapping tape around my sock to tape it all up (he's a hockey player, he stayed in the game...). I hobbled around for the rest of the day, figuring it probably was an event I should stick around for considering I was the promoter and organizer. :|

By the time I got home (after the 1:25 drive in the snow), it was blue/green/purple/red but not badly swolen, thanks to my superior battery taping job. If my batts had only stayed in my car that well during the day. :roll:

A few hours later, I was on the way home from the ER with a new cast, some cool X-rays of my first broken bone in 38 years, a really good narcotics buzz and a hankerin' for Taco Bell. :D

Other than that, the race was a huge success, and I already am working on plans for 2009's event. :D

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Awesome job Doug! Sorry about your foot... in our art dept we prefer to call that "smoothing out" :lol: Hope you feel better.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

hey doug, now you can add your injury to this thread. :wink:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4895&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

call-911
Approved Member

Post by call-911 »

scr8p wrote:hey doug, now you can add your injury to this thread. :wink:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4895&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicely done.
Keith C

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

being a corner marshal is dangerous work. i remember one time i was marshaling, i was wearing low top sneakers, and took a bbt sprinter's twin tube front bumper to my ankle. and of course, it couldn't have been in the corner when he was off the throttle. noooooooo. going flat out, 3/4 of the way down the backstretch, running a mod motor. i could've swore it broke my ankle, but it didn't. just hurt like hell. :lol:

needless to say, after that, i wore high tops. :wink:

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

Doug, I feel for ya....

Marshalling @ Perris Raceway, 1/8 scale buggies, 150 foot back straight, throttle stuck...buggy VS my right shin...buggy won. To this day I have a knot on my shin from that impact. The race director was "nice" enough to wave me from marshalling the rest of the night.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com