Rc10gt slider

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Rlayman
Approved Member

Rc10gt slider

Post by Rlayman »

So, I’m looking at getting a slider, I will need nitro engine and pipe, along with electronics and radio. Been searching the bay for parts and it looks like stuff is sill available for the GT. Are nitro engines and pipes still readily available? If I can get a good deal on one is it worth it? It would be a slow work i progress as this would be my first entry to nitro. I’m familiar with AE RC 10t so I thought this would be a good base to start with. I would need to add steering servo, probably a new throttle servo and engine set up. Tires and wheels, body. Blue pan chassis that looks very clean. Thoughts on how hard it would be to make it a good basher/ runner. Not going to be a shelfer, just something I can play around with. I hate the basher term, as I won’t be bashing the crap out of it, just running in the yard and field.

coxbros1

Re: Rc10gt slider

Post by coxbros1 »

good choice. there are a couple NIB O.S. Max CV engines on ebay right now, ones a .15 (blue head) ones a .12 (red head)....those were great engines for the GT
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

I wouldn’t quite call the engines readily available but they can be found without too much effort. You can typically find older engines like the CV and CZ. There are also more modern engines that will require a different clutch setup from the GT2 and NTC3 I think?

The blue pan trucks are much more common and should be fairly easy to find in decent shape for it much money. Just keep an eye out and put a bunch in your watch folder. Don’t spend too much chasing the first one you see. They pop up fairly frequent.

Rlayman
Approved Member

Post by Rlayman »

romulus22 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:40 pm I wouldn’t quite call the engines readily available but they can be found without too much effort. You can typically find older engines like the CV and CZ. There are also more modern engines that will require a different clutch setup from the GT2 and NTC3 I think?

The blue pan trucks are much more common and should be fairly easy to find in decent shape for it much money. Just keep an eye out and put a bunch in your watch folder. Don’t spend too much chasing the first one you see. They pop up fairly frequent.
So, what is a good /starter engine for this truck. Sorry, but total newb when it comes to nitro. But, I’m an adult now and can afford things I otherwise couldn’t as a teen. This being one of them. Any help is much appreciated.

Rlayman
Approved Member

Post by Rlayman »

Rlayman wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:29 pm
romulus22 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:40 pm I wouldn’t quite call the engines readily available but they can be found without too much effort. You can typically find older engines like the CV and CZ. There are also more modern engines that will require a different clutch setup from the GT2 and NTC3 I think?

So, what is a good /starter engine for this truck. Sorry, but total newb when it comes to nitro. But, I’m an adult now and can afford things I otherwise couldn’t as a teen. This being one of them. Any help is much appreciated.
Any good sites ( this place is great, don’t get me wrong) maybe geared towards getting newbs into nitro. It seems you guys here are awesome with knowledge. Like I said, I’m getting back to the hobby now that I can afford certain things. Not all, there is a budget.

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

Besides putting trucks together to sit on a shelf. I’m pretty useless.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Buy the best truck you can afford that include a "good" engine, but still leaving some of your budget spare for extras.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Rlayman
Approved Member

Post by Rlayman »

RC10th wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:44 pm Buy the best truck you can afford that include a "good" engine, but still leaving some of your budget spare for extras.

It was decent truck, but my fat fingers got in the way and lost it by 2$$. Oh well. Not meant to be I guess