1/5 scale monster truck project

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

coxbros1

Re: 1/5 scale monster truck project

Post by coxbros1 »

On your next build will u please please use something like this? you know u got the skillset!

https://images.app.goo.gl/pdnWX8MEaQjQn2Hd9
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Been working almost daily on this since getting it back. Got a lot done. Most the stuff is in and mounted in the chassis. Just made the limiting straps and installed those yesterday. Printed an LED headlight panel that will also act as a bit of a shield that will help to keep a bit of the dirt off the front tires out of the cab. Just got done wiring in the switch for the lights in the rear fuel cell and all the wires for that ran nice and neat under the frame. Hope to have some time in the next day or two to get the esc calibrated and have that done and then just some final odd and ends and will hope to have some final "finished" pics maybe with in a week or so if all goes well.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Damn! :shock:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

dont forget to answer my previous question a few posts up about that engine.....also, will u be entering it in a botm? y/n

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

coxbros1 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:10 pm dont forget to answer my previous question a few posts up about that engine.....also, will u be entering it in a botm? y/n
Sorry I have no idea how I missed your previous reply/questions. Never saw it till I just scrolled back up. My apologies. Never seen those types of engines before. Just read a bit on them, they are pretty cool looking for sure. Dunno if I would do one myself though. I use to be into nitro many years ago but got out of it about 15 yrs ago and really like the clean and smooth power of modern day brushless systems. Not sure what "botm" is...? I'm guessing its a "of the month" contest, but what does the "b" stand for?

EDIT- duh, long day no idea why botm didn't register with me lol. Build of the month. I prob will once it's all done and totally finished. I've never looked into how to enter but once it's done I'll prob check into it.

TheDiamondOne
Approved Member

Post by TheDiamondOne »

Yes make sure to enter, and vote monthly please.
David, The artist formerly known as coxbros

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Steve71 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:13 pm
coxbros1 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:10 pm dont forget to answer my previous question a few posts up about that engine.....also, will u be entering it in a botm? y/n
I've never looked into how to enter but once it's done I'll prob check into it.
Its not hard at all...trust me, anyone that can build the stuff u do, entering will be the easiest single thing u have ever done your entire life...and like "the diamond one" said, even if u dont enter, please at least vote for somebody each month👍

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Finally DONE. After 10 months of fabrication, 400+ hrs of work, and a very empty wallet lol. I give you "ICARUS". 1/5 scale Mike Hesse axle truck. Quick overview of it is - 5/16" .062 wall tube chassis I built myself, axles are Hesse axles which I fully polished and have Fastlane 4ever CVD/axles in them. Monster Locker center diff locker, Castle Sensored Brushless XLX2 & 800KV motor. Headers are steel tube headers that I fabbed up myself out of steel brake line. Motor is a die cast metal 1/6 scale piece. Beadlocks I had Michael Garcia design so they were wider and more realistic then I printed them and added extra bolts for scale look. Lots more but that's the basic overview of it. Can't wait to get it outside and run it. I tested the new sensored system downstairs in the shop and it actually lays down rubber on the floor :) Last pics is for size comparison. I'm 6'5" 230 so gives you an idea how big these things actually are.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Simply stunning , one of the best builds on here !
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Thanks bud. It's been a huge amount of work, so I really do appreciate the kind words :) I hope to have some vids of it running so I can share that soon.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

You know the odd thing is I don't really like monster trucks , everyone's tastes are different but I just have to respect the quality of the build and the well produced informative thread , I am really into scale detail and this has that in spades as well !
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

TheDiamondOne
Approved Member

Post by TheDiamondOne »

Brilliant build! Can look at the details forever! Unbelievable!

TheDiamondOne
Approved Member

Post by TheDiamondOne »

Brilliant build! Can look at the details forever! Unbelievable! That is a Build Of The Year winner. ENTER IT!!!

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

I finished this 1/5 scale Hesse axle truck build about a month ago, but had not ran it yet. Mainly due to a big spike with my tinnitus it's just had me very down and in a dark place not feeling well at all. So decided to try to get a bit back to feeling like myself again by getting the 1/5 scale out today for its first ever test run since I completed it last month. I'd say the sensored Castle brushless system passed the test with flying colors. Moves the 50lb monster like a 10lb 1/10 scale

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Your gunna need a bigger garden ! that's just bonkers good , well done ! I hope its lifted your spirits and getting you back where you should be !