Resale profit margin

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

juicedcoupe

Re: Resale profit margin

Post by juicedcoupe »

EvolutionRevolution wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:35 am Does the Shapeways shipping for a single item + the item price for the items that get sold at huge mark-up on EBay match that Ebay price?
From what I've seen, it can.

And I said reasonable mark-up, not quadruple +.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

Well, I did analyse a bit. The part is initially posted on a Japanese auction website. With a price corresponding to the cost of the item on Shapeways... As soon as it is there, it is relayed among other parts by one guy who makes a mark up on the cost (huge - probably 1. to ensure that he can outbid anyone who do bid on those parts on the Japanese auction site and 2. to make his own business). That is probably the reason why you see sometimes some Marui Samurai NIB posted 3 times at different prices from different sellers with the same picture, and you may find the same NIB kit at lower price directly on one of the Japanese auction websites (generally ship overseas is not possible there, and since it is in Japanese it's almost unreadable for us, and you would have to rely on a service to get the part for you and resend it to you, at an obvious markup cost depending upon the service you use)...
Ultimately, you may not have a markup on the original item, it will end up with a huge one.
And obviously, that doesn't mean it will sell this way, by the way...
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

@Dadio,

it seems your parts are having some success out there
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353948142366

Price is crazy again...
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I wonder if they realize those ones are for the Kyosho chain not the yokomo chain :lol: , if anybody buys them then they will be sent straight back :lol: bonkers price too :!:
Just had another look and there are three sales going on of my parts now , sprockets , rear guard and front steering knuckles all at prices that I wouldn't pay for genuine :roll: I sold a reasonable amount recently and my profit this month should be about $80 , that's less than the mark up they are making on just one item :!:
Well at least I'm honest .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

There's now 6 items from my shop on eBay at vast mark ups :shock:
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

maybe its just me but I'd think about pulling your parts and selling them yourself if these a$$hats keep this up. Flippers are just ruining this hobby and everything they touch in every hobby... :|
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Benders
Approved Member

Post by Benders »

Dadio, I’m into what is now vintage super bikes…the Suzuki TL1000 specifically…and I’m one of three guys in the world that welds the clutch centers in these bikes…there’s a fella in the uk, one in oz and myself in the states…my current price is $55 to weld one and I include the return shipping in that…I don’t know what the guy in oz charges but I believe it’s around $75…the guy in the uk was charging $100 plus shipping when I was doing them for $30 and included the return shipping (something I’ve always done return shipping I mean…) anyhow over the years I’ve had to raise my price as shipping has increased but I still make the same money on them I always have which is enough after gas, filler and consumables to buy myself a couple cold beers…(literally 2 bud light tall boys which are $1.89 plus tax) I don’t do it for the money…I do it for the love of the bikes especially considering there’s getting to be fewer and fewer of them out there…I just see it as karma…if you are good to people then the universe will be good to you no matter what hobby your involved with…you just keep on being you man and don’t let this eat at you cause no matter what there’s always going to be a douchebag somewhere that is only out to help themselves and care nothing for those who have a true love for what their doing…and because of that karma will come around…and she’s a cold hearted bitch when she does…

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Benders wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:40 pm Dadio, I’m into what is now vintage super bikes…the Suzuki TL1000 specifically…
So the S, the R, or both? Didn't the TL1000S have that weird rotary rear shock?
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Benders
Approved Member

Post by Benders »

Frankentruck wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:52 pm
Benders wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:40 pm Dadio, I’m into what is now vintage super bikes…the Suzuki TL1000 specifically…
So the S, the R, or both? Didn't the TL1000S have that weird rotary rear shock?
I’ve got two S’s and a R personally…both the S and the R had rotary dampers in the rear…mine have all been replaced long ago…I put a Penske in the bike I ride the most…R has a ohlins in it…all of them now have gsxr forks…they behave much better with updated suspensions but I fell in love with the low end grunt which is perfect for the mountains where I live…

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

It's irritating I guess but not really getting me down , I price things so people can afford to drive the cars again without having to spend big on the rare broken part , just wish I could direct them to Shapeways instead .
I should be flattered that this guy thinks my stuff is worth that much :lol:

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Seller of the chain sprockets has taken down the auction , makes me wonder if he is a member here and saw he's selling the wrong part , don't like thinking one of our members is such a to$$er :!:

Benders
Approved Member

Post by Benders »

Dadio wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:30 am Seller of the chain sprockets has taken down the auction , makes me wonder if he is a member here and saw he's selling the wrong part , don't like thinking one of our members is such a to$$er :!:
If that’s the case and we find out who…is a flogging in order or a straight out lynching? I would certainly hope that it’s some rouge douchebag rather than someone in the community…granted I’m a newcomer here but I see it all as a matter of principle…guess I’m showing my age and upbringing with my thought process…

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Dadio wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:30 am , don't like thinking one of our members is such a to$$er :!:
I don't like to think that either but they ARE here. They usually out themselves like ASA did with the rc10 book so many years ago. I'm still banned from his ebay auctions from my comments here :lol: .

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!