Gifted Fox

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Re: Gifted Fox

Post by losiXXXman »

Well I sold this last week on that auction site here my listing statement:

Vintage Tamiya Fox 90% Restored / Modded Restomod ready to run RTR. New parts from NovaFox rerelease:
Gear case, chassis, front arms, gear set, body and wing. Painted in genuine Tamiya PS4 paint.
New parts other:3D printed rear arms. Spare included.
Kyosho Turbo Scorpion 2.2 wheels f/r. J Concepts Rips and Goose Bumps tires f/r. MCI Racing repro Fox decals.
Used components: Epic based black can stock motor (midnight). Tekin P12 brushed ESC (f/b only) good working condition. Airtronics/Sanwa75MHz AM receiver.
Airtronics/Sanwa Blazer Sport 75MHz transmitter.

I just got neutral feedback. What a disappointment. Here’s what was said:

Not RTR. 3D printed and original arms cracked and needing full replacement. Not unhappy for $100, but should have disclosed.

To which I won’t respond in eBay for concern of being demanded to refund, but I need my $.02 to be out there.

Really? No it’s not a shelf vintage restoration, and it’s not a new built rerelease.But it is RTR by all means - it has a motor an ESC a servo receiver and transmitter, all vintage and working condition electronics.

Honestly I’m sorry that the buyer is somewhat disappointed in the rear arms, they can get a new pair for ~$24. New front ones were included. I did disclose what was new, and what was not, and the photos say it all.

I had over $175 in that car in parts trees, tires, wheels, body and decals. I think for $115 they got an excellent deal. Honestly I didn’t want to let it go for less than 140-150, but the auction panned out the way it did, and I honored the auction.

10talk, if you all think I’m wrong let me know. But if you agree that my buyer had a little too high of expectations for vintage RC, I’d love to hear it.

Admins - I haven’t been here a lot the last few years so if I’m in violation of this forums rules, feel free to move it to the “auction site” section.

Thanks.

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Well I sold this last week on that auction site here my listing statement:

Vintage Tamiya Fox 90% Restored / Modded Restomod ready to run RTR. New parts from NovaFox rerelease:
Gear case, chassis, front arms, gear set, body and wing. Painted in genuine Tamiya PS4 paint.
New parts other:3D printed rear arms. Spare included.
Kyosho Turbo Scorpion 2.2 wheels f/r. J Concepts Rips and Goose Bumps tires f/r. MCI Racing repro Fox decals.
Used components: Epic based black can stock motor (midnight). Tekin P12 brushed ESC (f/b only) good working condition. Airtronics/Sanwa75MHz AM receiver.
Airtronics/Sanwa Blazer Sport 75MHz transmitter.

I just got neutral feedback. What a disappointment. Here’s what was said:

Not RTR. 3D printed and original arms cracked and needing full replacement. Not unhappy for $100, but should have disclosed.

To which I won’t respond in eBay for concern of being demanded to refund, but I need my $.02 to be out there.

Really? No it’s not a shelf vintage restoration, and it’s not a new built rerelease.But it is RTR by all means - it has a motor an ESC a servo receiver and transmitter, all vintage and working condition electronics.

Honestly I’m sorry that the buyer is somewhat disappointed in the rear arms, they can get a new pair for ~$24. New front ones were included. I did disclose what was new, and what was not, and the photos say it all.

I had over $175 in that car in parts trees, tires, wheels, body and decals. I think for $115 they got an excellent deal. Honestly I didn’t want to let it go for less than 140-150, but the auction panned out the way it did, and I honored the auction.

10talk, if you all think I’m wrong let me know. But if you agree that my buyer had a little too high of expectations for vintage RC, I’d love to hear it.

Admins - I haven’t been here a lot the last few years so if I’m in violation of this forums rules, feel free to move it to the “auction site” section.

Thanks.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

It looks like the buyer got a good deal on a nice buggy to me.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

There is a thread on here for “shady eBay id’s” and I would encourage you to post their name so us that don’t want to deal with buyers that don’t communicate before leaving neutral or negative feedback can be block bad buyers.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

rwordenjr
Approved Member

Post by rwordenjr »

Your description was more than forthcoming with all of the info and I’m sure you had detailed pics showing everything too. Simply, the buyer is being a punk !