So, what did you do RC today?

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RogueIV

Re: So, what did you do RC today?

Post by RogueIV »

Made some slicks for my mini out of worn out tires. Didn't really need slicks but figured "why not" and it looks kinda cool.
IMG_20230324_223331533.jpg
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Ball diff lube options/alternatives???

I'm working on rebuilding a ball diffs today, or was planning on anyways, and just realized my tube of Associated ball diff lube is empty. And I have no options to get "rc specific" branded ball diff lube today. From some online investigating this morning, my understanding ball diff lube is nothing more than silicone ceramic lube, so I hear...?? Anyone know of alternatives to the rc branded stuff which is readily available at the local hardware store or auto parts store? One option I seen posted on RCTech was, Permatex Silicone Ceramic Extreme" brake parts lubricant.

Thanks
-Jerry-

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

R6cowboy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:53 am Ball diff lube options/alternatives???

I'm working on rebuilding a ball diffs today, or was planning on anyways, and just realized my tube of Associated ball diff lube is empty. And I have no options to get "rc specific" branded ball diff lube today. From some online investigating this morning, my understanding ball diff lube is nothing more than silicone ceramic lube, so I hear...?? Anyone know of alternatives to the rc branded stuff which is readily available at the local hardware store or auto parts store? One option I seen posted on RCTech was, Permatex Silicone Ceramic Extreme" brake parts lubricant.

Thanks
I don't know about alternatives, because ball diff grease is kinda "grippy". But I usually keep a few tubes of this around.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/am-arrowmax-ball-differential-grease-amx-210211/p590925
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

R6cowboy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:53 am Ball diff lube options/alternatives???

Thanks
When u get a chance...purchase that 1Up pink ball diff grease...you won't regret it...grab a couple..its well worth it!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

coxbros1 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:12 pm When u get a chance...purchase that 1Up pink ball diff grease...you won't regret it...grab a couple..its well worth it!
I just had that Team Losi Silicone ball diff grease (8cc tube) in my cart. The 1UP pink grease (3g) is that much better? Get about half the amount of lube for the same price. Must be, you get what you pay for.
-Jerry-

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

R6cowboy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:20 pm
coxbros1 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:12 pm When u get a chance...purchase that 1Up pink ball diff grease...you won't regret it...grab a couple..its well worth it!
I just had that Team Losi Silicone ball diff grease (8cc tube) in my cart. The 1UP pink grease (3g) is that much better? Get about half the amount of lube for the same price. Must be, you get what you pay for.
It's pretty amazing stuff...I am currently out right now...but I am getting more!!...period!

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Went ahead and ordered both. Figured I'll use the Losi lube on shelfers and 1UP on runners assuming it's better stuff. That was my reasoning anyway.
-Jerry-

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Over the past week or two, I've been painting some more bodies for cars I'm putting up for sale. I'm not the world's most creative person, so colour schemes are always a stretch.

Firstly, this is a HB Cyclone, with a Protoform Mazdaspeed 6 body. Probably a bit too much of the darker blue on the rear, and the transition to white is messy, but I like this one.
Pics01.jpg
Pics02.jpg
Second is another Tamiya M04, with a Protoform SoCal Panel Wagon body. Had some excess Castrol Celica decals, and so thought WHY NOT. I think it looks.... er... original.
Pics03.jpg
Pics04.jpg
Got another M04 and SoCal body to do soon, so that might end up a Calsonic ;)

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Not work per se, but I made a road trip this afternoon to pick up the remnants of a CW Dom that I knew existed in a 53' trailer, although I had forgotten its condition. I think enough of it exists to make the trip worthwhile, and I found a few other parts to go with it as usual for this contact.
Attachments
POST HAUL 3-28-23.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

morrisey0 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:59 pm Not work per se, but I made a road trip this afternoon to pick up the remnants of a CW Dom that I knew existed in a 53' trailer, although I had forgotten its condition. I think enough of it exists to make the trip worthwhile, and I found a few other parts to go with it as usual for this contact.
Damn son!

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Post by Russ Winn »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:37 pm Over the past week or two, I've been painting some more bodies for cars I'm putting up for sale. I'm not the world's most creative person, so colour schemes are always a stretch.

Alex
Very nice job on the painting! I'm a terrible painter, so I usually do one color cars and detail them with vinyl... Mostly, I use a neutral color, in case I get tired of it. Then I can re-decal it later.
The older I get, the faster I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyGKBTUJ-L0

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Russ Winn wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:25 pm
Incredible_Serious wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:37 pm Over the past week or two, I've been painting some more bodies for cars I'm putting up for sale. I'm not the world's most creative person, so colour schemes are always a stretch.

Alex
Very nice job on the painting! I'm a terrible painter, so I usually do one color cars and detail them with vinyl... Mostly, I use a neutral color, in case I get tired of it. Then I can re-decal it later.
Thanks mate.... I like the way you think! Luckily for me, most of what I am painting at the moment is road cars, so I can often get away with majority one colour paint jobs, plus decals. It's the race bodies that require more effort, patience and skill - and at least two of those I'm sadly lacking in!

Thinking of doing a stickerbomb car soon, just because I can ;)

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

morrisey0 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:59 pm Not work per se, but I made a road trip this afternoon to pick up the remnants of a CW Dom that I knew existed in a 53' trailer, although I had forgotten its condition. I think enough of it exists to make the trip worthwhile, and I found a few other parts to go with it as usual for this contact.
Dang Rob, seems you have a knack at finding goldmines. Very nice.
-Jerry-

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

New connectors, fixed on/off switch wire and tested the Super Rooster for a current project. There's my 30 minutes of rc time for the week :cry:

image000000 (1).jpg
-Jerry-

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

I pulled out an old RC10T to scavenge some parts, decided to go ahead and work on the old 10T a bit.

It is a painted white chassis with a few RPM parts installed - I convinced my wife to paint all the RPM logos we could find.
- Even the tiny logos inside the caster blocks! :lol:

Then applied a few decals and drilled/mounted an Andy's body I had been saving:

RC10T (black and white, RPM)_1.jpeg
RC10T (black and white, RPM)_3.jpeg
RC10T (black and white, RPM)_4.jpeg
-dldiaz