TRC / CC Pro 10 Box Art Body?

The place for all things TRC Composite Craft.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

morrisey0

TRC / CC Pro 10 Box Art Body?

Post by morrisey0 »

I am quarantining at the moment, so today's stay-at-home project was to put together an almost-NIB Pro 10x (non Elite). It was complete except for most of the contents of Bag 5 (rear drive shaft / diff components) were missing. Not a biggie, just gathered up some Bolink components and it is good enough.

I am thinking about taking a whack at making this a box art car, with cut vinyl making up the grid portion, and just making my own decals for majority of the rest. I was hoping that I would have a body sitting around that would work, but no such luck. So, if I have to order something, I might as well get it as close to the box body as possible.

My best guess for the body is a ~90ish, maybe 92ish, Pontiac Grand Prix Nascar body? The lower air intakes on the front kinda stick out. Bolink made (and Sabula sells) multiple versions of the "Pointer" variant of body, based on bodies from from 1988 - 1997. The '88 version lines up the best with the CC box IMO. But the issue I run into is dimensions. Most of the Bolink bodies are ~9" wide, and the rear of my car is 9.25" at the wheels and the chassis side pods. The '97 Pointer gets close to that, but the front end design is too far off.

So, anyone have recommendations for a body that would fit, preferably a Pontiac Nascar variant? I know some of the kits came with a body, but I think CC only refers to it as a Nascar body, so a bit too generic. I also haven't seen, what I know to be, a body that came with the kit, so I can't confirm how much of the front design details actually match the box body.
CC PROX 3.jpg
CC PROX 2.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

GoMachV

Re: TRC / CC Pro 10 Box Art Body?

Post by GoMachV »

Pro Fess on Facebook posted up his a while back, he used a Parma Lebaron body. With Parma coming back under Mid American slot car you might be able to get this body if you like it
Attachments
FB_IMG_1697915682717.jpg
FB_IMG_1697915685498.jpg
FB_IMG_1697915688164.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Thanks Jeff! I had seen that car on another platform, and I really do like it! I did not know the body was a Parma, so I will look into that more. I did find that Parma also had a '88 Pontiac, but I haven't dug deep enough into dimensions yet. The hood on the Pontiac also has lines / curves to it, which may not be so awesome with the grid. That Lebaron hood is just a flat canvas, so would be much easier to work with. There probably isn't a perfect body out there, so may have to decide where to start compromising.

Parma Pontiac '88 body. Photo stolen from Crunchy550.
CC PROX 4.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

i had one painted for me and looks really good by Shawn Miller on FB, BUT he never sent it back to me i call he every week still nothing its been over a year. Dont ever do any business with him!!.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Went to go see my hobby shop guy this morning, and as usual, he had the goods. A Bolink 2339 '90 Pontiac looks like it is going to fit like a champ! May have to work on the location of the rear body posts a bit. There is even a decal set for this body on ebay. Now I have to get to work on the custom graphics, and I am not a graphics guy at all! :)
Attachments
CC PROX 5.jpg

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Started playing around with the grid patterns today, and got them close enough I think. The box art car is way out of whack in regards to proportions, so just have to use it as a reference.
CC PROX 6.jpg

Started looking into the decals a little bit, and I am hoping I can get some help here on what they were trying to go for. The Hooker Headers is obvious. I would guess the red one behind the wheel is Edelbrok. The yellow one is Raybestos I think, or maybe Summit. The others I can't place in my head. I think I have done a decal that had the red, white, and blue, but I can't find it on a car on in my files. Any help?
CC PROX 7.jpg

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Looks kind of like a Hurst decal.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"