Robb's Generic AE Decal Sheets

The place for digital versions of decals and logos.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

morrisey0

Robb's Generic AE Decal Sheets

Post by morrisey0 »

I got to playing around with making my own generic decal sheets today, and printed off my first on an inkjet printer with some Amazon clear vinyl decal sheets ............ and that is just a fail. :roll: But the overall decal sheet should be good to go get printed at an actual print shop for decent decals. I plan to make a few more styles and some for other vehicles that I have, so I thought I would go ahead and share them here for anyone that is interested in them. Again, these aren't professional grade, just stuff thrown together in my spare time. I hope to make them all .tifs with transparent background, 8.5 x 11, and easy to bucket-fill to whatever color you wish. I only use photoshop, so not sure how to help with any other software.

Notes for this one:

The "ae" logo is a scan of a decal sheet that I have, and it is not very good. I straightened out some lines and worked with it some, but it is not awesome. But, honestly, with its size, when printed it looks just fine.

The "TEAM ASSOCIATED" text on the smaller buggie logo is a scan and again not good. But again, it is small and when printed, not an actual issue.

All of the other "TEAM ASSOCIATED" text is just machine font and character spacing adjusted some. It does not match the authentic text. Sue me. I really just wanted the I and A to meet, and that was really good enough. And after looking further, I realized that the actual AE sheets don't have any letters touching, and that is only how it is on an aftermarket decal sheet that I have. I will correct that and update the sheet.

The extra space on the sheet is for a number or whatever else you want to add before printing.

Link Here: https://eastusr-notifyp.svc.ms/api/v2/tracking/method/Click?mi=64K1yBDWckK9mQCd0Jh6aQ&tc=Link&cs=225ed5e21ea74c236c99b7a84c98ab2b&ru=https%3a%2f%2f1drv.ms%2fa%2fs!BCFH8UVGA_RvgeZvR7bfqtcf3WFHFg

Attachment is low quality preview.
RC10 B1 Sheet 6-13-21 PREVIEW.jpg
the bully decal 6-12-21.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Re: Robb's Generic AE Decal Sheets

Post by morrisey0 »

I added a couple more generic RC10 B1 style sheets to the folder, plus a random B4 sheet that I needed for a build. I am slowly getting better with PS so hopefully these sheets will continue to improve. I dropped off some files at a print shop this afternoon, so hopefully in a couple of days I can show some actual decals on cars.
Attachments
RC10 B4 SHEET SIZED preview.jpg
decals 6-15-21 preview.jpg
RC10 SHEET 6-14-21 preview.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Added a RC10 sponsor sheet based on the sheets I had sitting around. Please forward me any other sponsor logos from the 80s and 90s and I will add them. All of these logos have been worked with at the pixel level ..... not made perfect at the pixel level, but worked with. :D The detail on these is the same at minimum and probably better than you are getting in the aftermarket. It is amazing how you can spend 20 minutes working on an image that is going to end up being 9/16" wide! But, hey, someone has to do it. I don't want to admit to how much time I have in creating logos that fit on a 6X6" sheet! :shock:

Again, the actual sheets are set up as 8.5 x 11" sheets at 300 dpi. If you open them in that format, they are scale.

There are somewhat duplicates in a few of the logos. This is because one is set up to have a white background, and the other is transparent. For example, the REEDY text is both white and clear. You can use either if you want the text to be white, or the color of your rig.

If you are interested in working with these sheets and are unfamiliar with photoshop, just shoot me questions. Before getting into these decals I was at about a 6th grade level at PS, now I think I am about 9-10th grade. I have played around a little in Illustrator also, but yea, very little.

Again, attachments are just flattened low-profile previews of the actual sheets.
RC10 SPONSORS preview 6-16-21.jpg

Also had an idea earlier as I am getting surrounded by AE buggies and stadium trucks with disc or dish style wheels that I hate, but I don't have the budget to replace the wheels and tires on them (I really only build runners), so maybe something like this will help .......
ae wheel text warp.jpg

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

I need some help if anyone can assist.

On the attached:

What is "Hussong's?" The word under it starts with a C, but other than that, I have no idea.

What is "So-Cal?"

What is the blue and white decal to the right of Rocky Mountain?

Does anyone have any better pics, or know where to get them, of the specific decals for Rocky Mountain, Summit, and Desert Dynamics? These logos are so old, I can't find them.

Thanks
Attachments
rc10 decal sheet marked.jpg

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

morrisey0 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:07 pm I need some help if anyone can assist.

On the attached:

What is "Hussong's?" The word under it starts with a C, but other than that, I have no idea.

Hussong’s Cerveza

Bell-Ray
Performance lubricants

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

morrisey0 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:07 pm I need some help if anyone can assist.

Bell-Ray
Total Performance Lubricants

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Thanks RC10resto!

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Couple of 6-18-21 updates.

Updated sponsor decal sheet. This is not all that were available during the gold pan era, but these are all my patience allowed me to do. :D
RC10 SPONSORS MERGED PREVIEW 6-18-21.jpg
I did complete my version of traditional RC B1 stripes. These should be pretty darn close to original. I added a simple two-stripe for the side to match up with the rear.
TRADITIONAL STRIPES 6-18-21 PREVIEW.jpg
Again, previews shown here are not the actual files. The real files located at the link in the first post.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

morrisey0 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:22 pm Added a RC10 sponsor sheet based on the sheets I had sitting around. Please forward me any other sponsor logos from the 80s and 90s and I will add them. All of these logos have been worked with at the pixel level ..... not made perfect at the pixel level, but worked with. :D The detail on these is the same at minimum and probably better than you are getting in the aftermarket. It is amazing how you can spend 20 minutes working on an image that is going to end up being 9/16" wide! But, hey, someone has to do it. I don't want to admit to how much time I have in creating logos that fit on a 6X6" sheet! :shock:

Again, the actual sheets are set up as 8.5 x 11" sheets at 300 dpi. If you open them in that format, they are scale.

There are somewhat duplicates in a few of the logos. This is because one is set up to have a white background, and the other is transparent. For example, the REEDY text is both white and clear. You can use either if you want the text to be white, or the color of your rig.

If you are interested in working with these sheets and are unfamiliar with photoshop, just shoot me questions. Before getting into these decals I was at about a 6th grade level at PS, now I think I am about 9-10th grade. I have played around a little in Illustrator also, but yea, very little.

Again, attachments are just flattened low-profile previews of the actual sheets.

RC10 SPONSORS preview 6-16-21.jpg

Also had an idea earlier as I am getting surrounded by AE buggies and stadium trucks with disc or dish style wheels that I hate, but I don't have the budget to replace the wheels and tires on them (I really only build runners), so maybe something like this will help .......

ae wheel text warp.jpg
I am not sure if these are the right vintage but the logos here are crisp and good quality. That might help fill out your sheet. https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas-racing-sponsors-decal-sheet-tra2514/p-qtqltquqlzxxactz
Logos.png

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Finally got my hands on a FX10, so created a clean sheet for it. Little bonus that it has a clean Desert Dynamics logo on it, which I couldn't find anywhere. This sheet is 12" wide at 300dpi.

Again, this is just a preview:
FX10 PUBLIC DECAL SHEET SIZED.jpg

Haggy38

Post by Haggy38 »

Hi,

Great decals, where can I get the original files, Thanks.

Gustavo