Custom Works

The place for all things Custom Works.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Custom Works

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Has anyone been to their site lately? www.customworksrc.com I know I've been there at least once in the last couple of months, but it hasn't been working lately. Just curious :?
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Custom Works

Post by scr8p »

are you looking for something in particular? any of the dirt oval related stores should have what your looking for.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

scr8p wrote:are you looking for something in particular? any of the dirt oval related stores should have what your looking for.
I was curious as to when they officially quit selling the Dominator. It's pretty much my dream car and I'm thinking of making a serious run at one. They pop up on ebay from time to time. I just wanted to guage the availability of them overall. There's one on ebay now, but if I'm going to do it I'd like NIB or mint. This is all assuming I can get the funds ok'd. A purchase like that would definitely require pre-clearance from the wife. I'm going to do a lot more research, but was just curious if anyone else was having probs with the site lately. I've wanted one for years. I don't believe I've ever seen a NIB, but don't look too often 'cause I don't want to torture myself. :cry:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

from hanging out at dirtoval.com it seems that they are trying to update the site. they have released a few new cars inthe last 4 months, yet there was very little about them up there. hopefully the site will be up and running again soon.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

aconsola wrote:from hanging out at dirtoval.com it seems that they are trying to update the site. they have released a few new cars inthe last 4 months, yet there was very little about them up there. hopefully the site will be up and running again soon.
I'll have to check it out. Last time I was on their site they just had the Intimidator and the sprint car. They're nice too, but the Dominator is IT! I doubt you can find one NIB. I'm very interested to see what else they have. thanks
Ken

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

If you still can't get any info call Rob or Arnie at (704) 489-8147

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

They should have plenty of money for their website, Tony Stewart got about a million extras laying around :wink:
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Last time I had a look at their site it felt like 90% of parts was out of stock :(

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Lots of parts were redesigned in the past 6 mo, and most stock goes out to dealers and towerhobbies--

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

I wanted a sliding rack steering system for a home-project. Hopefully those new designs will feature such thing or they will soon build up stock again for the cars in the field already

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

the CW site rarely has parts in stock. if you want some parts, go to www.kippshobbies.com they have most parts in stock, although the shopping cart is not fully functional on all areas of the site, so you usually need to email them.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

There have been several Dominators come up on ebay lately and they go WAYYY cheaper than I would have thought. When did they quit making them? Am I the only one that thinks they're a cream dream? I'm glad I didn't shell out the $$ i was planning to. I'm gonna sit back and wait for just the right one. Problem is, my busy season just started at work so for the next few months I have to actually "work" at work. Not fair I know. I only have time to browse at home which complicates things a bit. At least they're still out there. :D
Ken

nikos2002

Post by nikos2002 »

I have great memories of the Dominator I had back in the early '90s. Didn't know anything about it except - put a modified motor in and try and hold on. It would be cool to have a Dominator on the shelf - if I could afford to do that sort of thing.
TQ Race Products Factory Representative
Hobbywing Factory Driver