Approved Member

Re: Exciting news......

Post by shodog »

Nice and clean looking

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Very nice I told the Wife yesterday I want one for Xmas!! but I really want a Scorcher more, I think I will hold out and see what they do? Way back when I was in a hobby shop I was buying a Scorcher and the shop talked me out of it and into a Super Ckamp. I never really liked it and was always sorry I didnt buy the Bug. but I was a domb kid?
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Ive been watching E-Bay but have had no luck, Can someone please Post the New Part numbers for the Tires and Wheels? thanks. I see all of the parts but not one set of wheels? and only a few tires I need Front tires and rims and one set of rear rims, I have tires. their AJ's but their bigger I like them better.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Nice work vanpeebles. 8)

I just checked my Tower account, it has gone from stock status early August to Shipped 3-Aug-2009. :D :D :D

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

I realy like tower great service . It always seems when a new release or product comes out they are always the last inline to recieve the product .
mrlexan wrote:I am still waiting on my Black Porsche from Tower. I haven't seen or heard anything. They ususally send a email saying it's been shipped. I haven't put my Champ order in yet, I really want two.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

UPS just delivered my Buggy Champ from Tower. :D

First impression: my this box is heavy for it's size. 8)

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Well, I got mine most of the way together. Took about 3 hours to get it built up without electronics and paint. This really is a cool kit. It really was a joy to build, it's so much different than any other kit I've ever put together. Very simple too. The finish on the metal pieces is beautiful. I have no idea how that motor is going to stay in place when I run it because it is not secured by motor screws. It's in there tight with the covers on both sides. Also, I've got to work on the rear suspension because it's binding up. I'm not sure what way to go with the paint yet, but there's plenty of time to figure that out. Here's a pic of what I got done tonight:
Attachments
BuggyChamp.jpg

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Yah, but did you get a t-shirt?

This is all very interesting!

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Scott, that didn't take you long..... :D

Have you decided what battery you are going to use?

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Yeah, I had a free night between a couple busy nights, so I had to find something to do. :D Honestly, I was going to let it sit for a while, while I took care of some other things, but once I opened that box I couldn't resist.

I'm not sure what to do for a battery yet. I looked up the one Tamiya says to use on Tower and I can't find it. It's this weird tiny little thing. I'm thinking about having some hump pack 6 cell batteries built, maybe get 3 of them.

No shirt with this one. Offer must not be valid in the US. That's cool, I didn't even think of the shirt until you mentioned it, besides I've got a really cool Frog shirt (but no Frog). I really had fun building this kit. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who was even thinking of buying one. I can't wait to drive it, I think it's going to be a blast.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I figured out the rear suspension binding problem. The swivel joints were pulled too tight into the tranny. I loosened them up and the suspension worked great, so I just tightened them down a little further away from the tranny. Just a little tip if anyone else runs into this problem on their buggy.

I think I've decided I'm going to stick with my 6 cell stick packs and scratch build a new electronics/battery tray to mount on top of the fiberglass chassis. I don't see myself driving this thing through any big puddles or lakes, so the "waterproof" plastic electronics box is probably just something that will cause more headaches than good when it comes to running this thing. Should be a fairly easy piece to figure out.

I'm still undecided about a paint job. So many ideas, none of them sticking out yet.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

I saw on rctech people talking about the sand scorcher coming out. Anyone else heard about this? I would love to have another one of those.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

[email protected] wrote:I saw on rctech people talking about the sand scorcher coming out. Anyone else heard about this? I would love to have another one of those.
People are going to talk and speculate... your best source for any real news on the release of the Scorcher should it happen, in my opinion, will take place on Tamiya Club's forum.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com