2009 Vintage Off Road Nationals !!!! -- Tentatively Schedule

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Re: 2009 Vintage Off Road Nationals !!!! -- Tentatively Schedule

Post by Bongo Fury »

Actually Mr. Lex, I greatly enjoyed the thread from last year, pictures and stories, I'm sure many others did as well. Please all, do continue that.

Sean, I was thinking more of the audio & video, chance to put mugs with the screen names, see the cars, closeups and running, hear some stories as they happen. It was a great thread, anything that adds to it would be awesome.

I know, I know....when car sales/economy pick up I plan on avoiding the whole coverage subject, I'll bring my own camera to add to the Losi team. :mrgreen:

Oh, btw, my Team Driver (ok, my son) was born in 1994, is he legal??? :wink:

Cheers!

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

What are the popular car choices besides the RC10 for this race?

Is there a list of the rules somewhere? Just wondering what is and isn't allowed on the cars or be done to the cars.

Thanks
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Rules are to be the same as last year. Here's the thread: http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5291&start=0

The idea is pre-1994 kits with modern electronics/electrics allowed. There are motor limits- 27t brushed, 17.5 brushless and you can use modern tires/wheels.

As far as what is "popular", the RC10 was the big draw in the buggy class. There were a couple Losi buggys too. I may run a Traxxas Rad2 this year just to be different. ;)
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

Orange wrote:Just wondering what is and isn't allowed on the cars or be done to the cars.

Thanks
the rules were pretty loose & the 2 lead buggies were pretty much stock worlds car setups iirc.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Any new updates on this race?

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I am interested too-- RCHR still has Labor Day listed. Erich posted 6 weeks ago that it's Sept 18-20. I'd like to see that Erich and Mark & John are communicating and that things are moving forward. I understand this event takes a ton of effort to put together and RCHR is gracious enough to host it, but I wouldn't expect them to do the legwork to pull in sponsors, etc. Plus if the planning and coordination isn't happening now or very soon I don't see how it would happen anywhere near as successfully as last year. Just my thoughts.... I really want to go and I truly want this to be a great event. I'm just not confident. :(
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

Hopefully it does happen, maybe someone out near RCHR can go ask some questions and get us online guys that want to go some concrete info.

Thanks
Mark
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

I just posted a heads up to Mark(RCHR) on the RCtech forums, as far as I knew, the VONATs are still on.... :wink:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

tecnica2001 wrote:I just posted a heads up to Mark(RCHR) on the RCtech forums, as far as I knew, the VONATs are still on.... :wink:
Hey Freddie- I am sure that Mark is on board and RCHR is totally willing to host the race... no doubts there. It's just the organization of the races, sponsors, prizes, etc. that I am concerned about-- and as far as I know that's not on RCHR's shoulders (nor should it be). I know what it takes to get our local trophy races off the ground and those are small potatoes compared to this event. A big red flag for me is that Erich posts a date change six weeks ago and RCHR still has different dates on their site-- it's a bit worrisome. The guys who need to get airfare will want to be watching for deals. We're only 3-1/2 months out now.

It will still be a fun weekend even if it is more of a club race than what it was last year. I was just hoping to see some hype by now-- it seems like the first one was talked about forever. :D
Jeff