my dad passed away....

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: my dad passed away....

Post by Mr. ED »

I wish you strength buddy. Don't let your head hang down and live your life the way which made your dad proud; I'm sure that's what he'd want you to too.

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

My Condolences, been there and done that, my Dad died at 68 suddenly, when I was comparatively young, only 32, still a lot I could have learned from him, life goes on but never quite the same, I still think of him with a wry smile, when a job comes up he could have done without thinkiing, and I struggle with.
He is now out of all the misery, so be strong and celebrate his life, as we did.
Tim

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

There's nothing more for me to say which has not been said already. This is very sad news and I truly very sorry to hear it. I hope you and your wider family are holding up as best they can.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

My sincere condolences on you and your families loss. It's super tough coping with the loss, just take it day by day. It gets better in time. Cry it out if you need to. Your dad will have everlasting life in the memories you keep of him. There isn't day that goes by that I don't have some random happy thought of one of my parents goes through my head.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I offer my condolences. Truly sad when we lose the ones we love, but they no longer suffer, and we take away such good memories. From that, he will always live on.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

sorry for your loss....

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

My condolences to you and your family on your loss.

vintage racer
Approved Member

Post by vintage racer »

My Father passed from cancer 12 weeks ago,it has been very hard for me also,I am probably not the best person to give advice as Im still having trouble,all I can say is when you feel like crying dont hold it in.Spend time with your family.I find it very hard when I visit my Mum and see her alone and she often looks like she has been crying but whenever I can, I take her to lunch or dinner.My wife has been amazing and very supportive so lean on your partner if you have one,I know it has made our relationship alot stronger and try to keep busy,it keeps your mind off things and although sometimes you will stop what your doing and feel guilty for taking your mind of your Dad, don't!he wouldnt want you moping around.I have only now started looking at pictures of my Dad that I couldnt bare to see not all that long ago.My Dad was always a solid strong man but in his last days was very frail and weak.Looking at some of the older photos makes me remember him as that strong hard working man that he was.We are all different and I am telling my story in the hope that it may help you.I wish you the best of luck in the future to you and you family.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Very sorry for your loss. He is not hurting anymore. Chin up, be proud, keep him close in your heart!

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Charlie don't surf wrote:My deepest sympathies to you and your family, godspeed to your dad-

What was your fathers name?

Reggie
THANKS ..my dads name is Louis ..most people called him Lou.. why you ask ??its ok you did, just wondering why...
vintage racer... my dad was a strong worker(auto body) before cancer too and now my life has been alot like yours...we are very lucky to have great people(like my girlfriend and you have your wife) in are lifes to help us through these hard times.....
thanks alot to everyone the post have been helping me feel better...

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

longboardnj wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:My deepest sympathies to you and your family, godspeed to your dad-

What was your fathers name?

Reggie
THANKS ..my dads name is Louis ..most people called him Lou.. why you ask ??its ok you did, just wondering why...
vintage racer... my dad was a strong worker(auto body) before cancer too and now my life has been alot like yours...we are very lucky to have great people(like my girlfriend and you have your wife) in are lifes to help us through these hard times.....
thanks alot to everyone the post have been helping me feel better...
When I think of people, in sorrow or joy (sometimes both) I like knowing who-- names mean a lot in rememberance

Reggie

Godspeed Lou

noony
Approved Member

Post by noony »

My condolences to you and your family.

Ron

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Hey longboard, my dad passed away this past september from cancer. There's no way to describe what you'll feel and go through. It's really hard to deal with it the first few months, but slowly you start to accept it and the pain subsides a little bit. I hope the best for you and your family during all of this.

clinehobbies
Approved Member

Post by clinehobbies »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep honoring your father and you will keep your relationship with him close to your heart allways! My Mom passed away in March also from cancer every day is though but it does get better!
Have a nice day! :)

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Very sorry for your and your familys loss.