Re: My new Red Prince!

Post by saga101 »

vrey cool i like it!!!
I AM CARL LIN

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

There's one thing I regret in the RB5 conversion: why not a mid moter conversion ;)
well, actually there's one more thng to regret. It would have been much more easy selling if it were a conversion for the lots cheaper madrat.

By the way: how do you mount the battery in the rb5? does it go cross-wise or lengthwise?

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

it looks cool but sorry im not a fan of the red prince... besides the high price , i would not run a frog front end without the 3rd metal link ...id love to see a red rc10 chassis :D
Attachments
Tamiya_frog_front_detail.jpg
Tamiya_frog_front_detail.jpg (118.05 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
Tamiya_frog_front_detail.jpg
Tamiya_frog_front_detail.jpg (118.05 KiB) Viewed 1951 times

emerson_shih
Approved Member

Post by emerson_shih »

bearrickster wrote:they are very nice, but way out of my price range. with this kit how does the car run? wasnt this kit made to make the frog competive with the RC10 back in the day? I remember trying to sell the Hot Trick kits like this but it ended up costing more than a NIB RC10 so most people just bought the RC10.
I see the kit doesnt come with Wheels and tires, what are the ones on the car?
Haha~ I guess Red Prince can not compete with RC10. But it is sure much better than original Frog. :lol:
Too early to know 'bormac', too late to know 'mrlexan', just in time to know 'murphy3428'.
http://www.rc-lohas.com

emerson_shih
Approved Member

Post by emerson_shih »

CNA75 wrote:Woah....there's a red ultima kit too! They really do look like quality pieces of kit, and whilst they may be a reasonable amount of cash, I would say that they look like they are probably worth every penny....

I also heard that a "Red Fox" maybe about to appear too.... :D
Thanks for your support!
Ya, Red Fox is under testing. :wink: And it will be released soon ~ maybe together with Red RB5. :mrgreen:
Too early to know 'bormac', too late to know 'mrlexan', just in time to know 'murphy3428'.

emerson_shih
Approved Member

Post by emerson_shih »

Mr. ED wrote:There's one thing I regret in the RB5 conversion: why not a mid moter conversion ;)
well, actually there's one more thng to regret. It would have been much more easy selling if it were a conversion for the lots cheaper madrat.

By the way: how do you mount the battery in the rb5? does it go cross-wise or lengthwise?
We design the RB5 in a very simple concept ~ "Bring it to the old days". RB5 performance is very good, but the design is too fancy for the old man like me. That is why mid motor is not in our discussion.
Price wise, I agree with you. But all of the parts were hand made pcs by pcs. We really find no margin to going lower. :cry:

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

emerson_shih wrote: Price wise, I agree with you. But all of the parts were hand made pcs by pcs. We really find no margin to going lower. :cry:
Sorry I was not clear: my price comment was about the RB5 itself: the madrat is much cheaper than the RB5. So original kit plus conversion would be cheaper even if the conversion price is the same.

So, how do you mount the battery on the RB5?

emerson_shih
Approved Member

Post by emerson_shih »

Mr. ED wrote:
emerson_shih wrote: Price wise, I agree with you. But all of the parts were hand made pcs by pcs. We really find no margin to going lower. :cry:
Sorry I was not clear: my price comment was about the RB5 itself: the madrat is much cheaper than the RB5. So original kit plus conversion would be cheaper even if the conversion price is the same.

So, how do you mount the battery on the RB5?
Oops, I see. Yes, RB5 is not cheap.

Did you see the big holes on our Red chassis? You can use two belts to hold the battery through those holes. And you can consider to buy RC10 battery cups and glue it on the chassis by double side tape. 8)

Greenie
Approved Member

Post by Greenie »

Please tell me that the pics of that HIGH END Frog don't depict bushings in the front wheels??? :shock:

Is the entire car riding on the plastic bushings? LOL

emerson_shih
Approved Member

Post by emerson_shih »

Greenie wrote:Please tell me that the pics of that HIGH END Frog don't depict bushings in the front wheels??? :shock:

Is the entire car riding on the plastic bushings? LOL
Wow~ you have very good sight! :lol:
Yes, I guess no one will save the money not to upgrade the plastic bushings to metal bearing. But not me ~ I'm poor man now :lol:

emerson_shih
Approved Member

Post by emerson_shih »

longboardnj wrote:it looks cool but sorry im not a fan of the red prince... besides the high price , i would not run a frog front end without the 3rd metal link ...id love to see a red rc10 chassis :D
Ya, good point. I personally will put some washers between the arm sahfts to minumum the free spacing. Besides I agree the front arms right now is not a very good design. 8)

emerson_shih
Approved Member

Post by emerson_shih »

I assembled the electrical parts for the frog last weekend and ran it in RC FAN meeting. The speed is ok. It is not very fast because I used a poor TAMIYA ESC. :blink: I think it will be much better if I can change ESC to high end one.

Besides, I found the rear suspension is too soft. So I used four dampers for rear. (Need some re-work on the shock body to reduce the resistance)
On the other hand, the front spring is also too hard. So I modify the front shock tower to change the front shock in bigger angle. Now the Red Prince runs prety good! :lol:

bolinkfan

Post by bolinkfan »

Don't know if anyone saw the auction (probably not I got it within 12hrs of listing)but I am now the proud new owner of this badboy!!! :P
How a car from lohas didn't have a set of his wheels on it is beyond me?? but I am looking for a set now to finish off the lohas prototype in style... pics soon as I get to a cool location..
No,no,baby I didnt just go to the hobby shop.......oh...you already checked the bank...uuhh

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

Very cool stuff as usual Emerson 8)