B4 CVDs and tires

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

scr8p wrote:metaldog - does the front evader wheels accept the 3/8" bearing, or are they metric? if i'd get a pr. of the nitro evader rears, i'd like to have a matching pr. for the front, too. that's why i'm asking.
Me too! But my black rear hub carrier just arrived from Towers! What a waste!

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

badhoopty wrote:killer thread...

post some pics when you get it all put together, k?
Trust me I definitely will coz you guys will be in for a SURPRISE!!!! Clue: Been working till wee hours for my RC10, till now I'm down with fever, flu, sore throat!

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

scr8p wrote:metaldog - does the front evader wheels accept the 3/8" bearing, or are they metric? if i'd get a pr. of the nitro evader rears, i'd like to have a matching pr. for the front, too. that's why i'm asking.
after looking at the tower parts list for the evader I'm pretty sure it uses 3/8" bearings seeing as the front axles are 3/16". Wish I looked into this a little earlier, I just placed an order from tower yesterday.....

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

PBR Allstar wrote:
after looking at the tower parts list for the evader I'm pretty sure it uses 3/8" bearings seeing as the front axles are 3/16".
i looked through the parts list too, but i didn't see anything that said they accept a 3/8" bearings. i'll just get a pair, they only cost $5.00. it's not like i've never wasted money on parts that don't fit. :wink:

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Post by PBR Allstar »

I was making that assumption based on the fact that in the parts list all the bearings I noticed were metric with the exception of some that were 3/8 x 3/16, and the axles have a 3/16 diameter. But then again, you know what they say about assumption....

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

PBR Allstar wrote:I was making that assumption based on the fact that in the parts list all the bearings I noticed were metric with the exception of some that were 3/8 x 3/16, and the axles have a 3/16 diameter. But then again, you know what they say about assumption....
i had that same assumption. :)

like i said, i've spent alot more than $5.00 on parts that didn't fit what i needed them to. i'd eventually find something to put them on.

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

parts

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

scr8p wrote:i've spent alot more than $5.00 on parts that didn't fit what i needed them to. i'd eventually find something to put them on.
Amen brother, waste not, want not. I am a sucker for buying stuff just incase and then building a project round it. :oops:

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

does anyone know if RC10T/GT rear hubs can be used with buggy axles? and if yes with which bearings (flaged/unflanged, size)?

I am asking this because I have black RPM rear hubs for the GT or T and would like to use them on a Ten... thanks for your answer, if any...

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Asso_man! wrote:does anyone know if RC10T/GT rear hubs can be used with buggy axles? and if yes with which bearings (flaged/unflanged, size)?

I am asking this because I have black RPM rear hubs for the GT or T and would like to use them on a Ten... thanks for your answer, if any...
are the rpm hub carriers you have the ones that use the 1/2" oversized bearings? scroll down a little in the link.

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/assoc/rear.htm

in a stock asc hub carrier you's use 1/4" x 3/8" or 3/16" x 3/8" unflanged bearings. depending on what size axle your using.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

scr8p wrote:
Asso_man! wrote:does anyone know if RC10T/GT rear hubs can be used with buggy axles? and if yes with which bearings (flaged/unflanged, size)?

are the rpm hub carriers you have the ones that use the 1/2" oversized bearings? scroll down a little in the link.

http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/assoc/rear.htm

in a stock asc hub carrier you's use 1/4" x 3/8" or 3/16" x 3/8" unflanged bearings. depending on what size axle your using.
yup, these are the ones I intend to use. So, if I use 3/16" x 3/8" unflanged bearings and B2/B3 CVD's it should be OK in a RC10 I assume?

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

The 3/16x3/8 bearings will definitely fit the CVDs for B2/B3. If you are using the unflanged, you need the 0 degree hub carrier. If you are using flanged, you can use with the T stock 1.5 degree hub carrier.

MOmo
Approved Member

Re: B4 CVDs and tires

Post by MOmo »

Hmm part of me is wishing i would have kept some of my B3 spares before i traded it off.

In another thread, Im trying to restore one of my RC10s to race in a vintage class. I wondered if the newer parts from like a b4 and b2/3 would work so to eliminate the drag and possibility of losing a dogbone. I seem to recall upgrading my friend CE years ago with CVDs.

MOmo

Northy2
Approved Member

Post by Northy2 »

Did anyone ever acually fit B4 wheels on a tub RC10? If so what was the rear track like? The same?

Thanks,

G
I'm back! I was 'Northy' but my profile got screwed :(

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I've been playing with this same issue myself. I picked up HPI hex adaptors and checked my ZX5/RB5 wheels last night, no go, too narrow. I may hop over to the local shop today and try a set of CRT .5 wheels. At least in pictures, the offset looks correct. I have one set of B3 rear rims NIB, but I know to race, I will need a few more sets. Especially attempting to campaign 2 different 10's out there...a graphite car, and a trailing arm car.

If it all works out, I will post some pics, if not, the search continues...
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

My LHS stocks the B3 rear wheels as replacements for the CRT.5. Shouldn't be a problem. IIRC the B2/B3 fronts are discontinued.

Someone also mentioned Duratrax Evader rear wheels, too. I don't know if they're 5mm or 3/16" though.